An Old School Catholic Message Board

Reality Star Chooses Life

Lil Red

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='20 August 2009 - 08:20 PM' timestamp='1250814030' post='1953479']
I don't know who any of those people are. I'm glad she is choosing not to murder her baby, but I don't feel like she deserves all kinds of accolades. It's like me getting up and weighing the pros and cons of gunning down the manager of the business who ripped me off yesterday. It's good I didn't do it, but[b][i] it doesn't exactly make me a hero[/i][/b].
[/quote]

It does for her when her decision is talking about a human life on the line here.

Makes her a hero to the baby who is now going to live. ;)

missionseeker

She is on cable. I've never seen the show. My sister saw one episode involving a homeless man, shelter, and complete dentist work. I think they are probably not the best models of living, however, they ARE in the mainstream, people follow their lives, and perhaps this decision on the part of ms. Kardashian will help other mothers who are in the agonizing place before they decide to keep their baby. Perhaps some mothers will see the part where she says "For me, all the reasons why I wouldn’t keep the baby were so selfish" and realize that that is the case for them too. Plus, it takes courage to say no when everyone around you is telling you to say yes.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='missionseeker' date='21 August 2009 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1250826947' post='1953626']
She is on cable. I've never seen the show. My sister saw one episode involving a homeless man, shelter, and complete dentist work. I think they are probably not the best models of living, however, they ARE in the mainstream, people follow their lives, and perhaps this decision on the part of ms. Kardashian will help other mothers who are in the agonizing place before they decide to keep their baby. Perhaps some mothers will see the part where she says "For me, all the reasons why I wouldn’t keep the baby were so selfish" and realize that that is the case for them too. Plus, it takes courage to say no when everyone around you is telling you to say yes.
[/quote]

Right on.