Hassan Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1251484153' post='1957325'] Speak the truth, even if it were difficult to hear. [/quote] It's not difficult to hear save in the sense that it can be painful to hear someone I otherwise like seriously say such an asinine thing.
peach_cube Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1251481799' post='1957284'] If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck. [/quote] If it weighs as much as a duck...then it's made of wood... and therefore... [img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/pokeystockman/monty_python_witch-701441.jpg[/img] [size="4"]A Witch!!![/size]
BG45 Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1251484153' post='1957325'] Speak the truth, even if it were difficult to hear. [/quote] If we're going to speak in Sacred Scripture, then a few for you. Exodus 20:16 [quote]You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.[/quote] Acts 20:30 [quote]And from your own group, men will come forward perverting the truth to draw the disciples away after them.[/quote] Even the Devil can quote and destroy Scripture for his own purposes.
SrMagnificat Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 Personally, I think it's just another PR opp for the nation's president. I still don't understand why he is venerated so. I am of African descent & I am not very crazy about this man. But, I keep my mouth shut when around family.
Hassan Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Saint Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1251481799' post='1957284'] If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck. [/quote] Right. Which is why Obama has been keeping the Ramadan fast, praying five times a day, absolutely refused publicly invite individuals to consume alcoholic beverages with him, worked to end gay marriage, civil unions and any state laws supporting that "perversion", and has publicly decried abortion. Not to mention his habit of refusing to be seen with the area of his body from the navel to the knees. [img]http://camelsnose.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/obama-beach-photo.jpg[/img] I mean really the evidence for Obama's Islamic faith is just overwhelming. Edited August 28, 2009 by Hassan
Saint Therese Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 [quote name='BG45' date='28 August 2009 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1251485332' post='1957346'] If we're going to speak in Sacred Scripture, then a few for you. Exodus 20:16 Acts 20:30 Even the Devil can quote and destroy Scripture for his own purposes. [/quote] Your kindness and charity have moved me to divorce myself from this forum. God bless you.
Hassan Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1251485768' post='1957355'] Your kindness and charity have moved me to [b]divorce[/b] myself from this forum. God bless you. [/quote]
StColette Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 [quote name='Archaeology cat' date='28 August 2009 - 02:49 PM' timestamp='1251485394' post='1957348'] Thanks for the info, StColette. [/quote] No problem. I'm still waiting to speak with my priest about it as well, but haven't gotten a chance to. Maybe I can ask Fr. Brian to contribute.
Archaeology cat Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 [quote name='StColette' date='28 August 2009 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1251485839' post='1957357'] No problem. I'm still waiting to speak with my priest about it as well, but haven't gotten a chance to. Maybe I can ask Fr. Brian to contribute. [/quote] I'd be interested to hear what they have to say. I've never been to a Catholic funeral, seeing as the majority of my family aren't Catholic.
StColette Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 [quote name='Archaeology cat' date='28 August 2009 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1251486014' post='1957359'] I'd be interested to hear what they have to say. I've never been to a Catholic funeral, seeing as the majority of my family aren't Catholic. [/quote] I've only been to two but neither had a eulogy at the Funeral, but one was given at the vigil (wake)
ortus Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 06:48 PM' timestamp='1251478082' post='1957228'] Nothing would be more appropriate than our Muslim president giving a eulogy at a Catholic Mass for someone who publicly acted contrary to the teachings of the Church for decades. [/quote] What an absolutely ridiculous statement. Later on you in your comments you even try and justify it - pathetic.
BG45 Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 02:56 PM' timestamp='1251485768' post='1957355'] Your kindness and charity have moved me to divorce myself from this forum. God bless you. [/quote] God bless you as well, I merely do as you said: [quote name='Saint Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1251484153' post='1957325'] Speak the truth, even if it were difficult to hear. [/quote]
Apotheoun Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 12:56 PM' timestamp='1251485768' post='1957355'] Your kindness and charity have moved me to divorce myself from this forum. God bless you. [/quote] There is no reason to leave, because you are not required to agree with BG45.
Apotheoun Posted August 28, 2009 Posted August 28, 2009 [quote name='peach_cube' date='28 August 2009 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1251485019' post='1957337'] If it weighs as much as a duck...then it's made of wood... and therefore... [img]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h97/pokeystockman/monty_python_witch-701441.jpg[/img] [size="4"]A Witch!!![/size] [/quote]
Vincent Vega Posted August 29, 2009 Posted August 29, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1251484153' post='1957325'] Speak the truth, even if it were difficult to hear. [/quote] Except that you have no way of knowing (or as far as I'm concerned, reason for believing) that he's a Muslim. That said, I hope Obama is not permitted to do this. If they want to politicize a religion, by all means do so, but not to mine. It would be a pervasion of the Faith. A Catholic should put his Faith before his political party. If the Kennedys think that, then they will not have Obama speak. Alas, again, I have no way of knowing (or going by the actions of the Kennedys over the last few decades, reason for believing) that this is the case.
Fidei Defensor Posted August 29, 2009 Posted August 29, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' date='28 August 2009 - 12:29 PM' timestamp='1251484153' post='1957325'] Speak the truth, even if it were difficult to hear. [/quote] And what of opinion? Being that you have no evidence...
zunshynn Posted August 29, 2009 Posted August 29, 2009 Were the flags flying at halfmast today for Kennedy? I noticed one at a college at halfmast, and that's the only reason I could think of for it. But it struck me as odd... that's not normally done for deceased congressmen is it?
zunshynn Posted August 29, 2009 Posted August 29, 2009 (edited) I could have just googled it myself... they are, for five days. The Presidents proclamation: [quote]"As a mark of respect for the memory of Senator Edward M. Kennedy, I hereby order, by the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff at the White House and upon all public buildings and grounds, at all military posts and naval stations, and on all naval vessels of the Federal Government in the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its Territories and possessions until sunset on August 30, 2009. I also direct that the flag of the United States shall be flown at half-staff until sunset on the day of his interment. I further direct that the flag shall be flown at half-staff for the same periods at all United States embassies, legations, consular offices, and other facilities abroad, including all military facilities and naval vessels and stations."[/quote] I guess the norm for a congressman in the civilian flag code is for flags to be at halfmast on the day of death and the following day. Edited August 29, 2009 by zunshynn
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now