An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Feel Like I Want To Yell At God.

missionseeker

[font="Verdana"]:hug: :monk:
It's ok to yell at God. Even rail at God. Have you read the cursing psalms lately? It's not like He hasn't heard it before. So go ahead, pour out your frustrations and fears to God. Even if you think He has you on "ignore" (which He doesn't, It just seems that way sometimes). If Eucharistic Adoration is avbailable somewhere in the swamp, that would be a perfect place for such yelling and railing. His knee always has a spot for you :)[/font]

[quote name='Staretz' date='07 September 2009 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1252375829' post='1963081']
[font="Verdana"]:hug: :monk:
It's ok to yell at God. Even rail at God. Have you read the cursing psalms lately? It's not like He hasn't heard it before. So go ahead, pour out your frustrations and fears to God. Even if you think He has you on "ignore" (which He doesn't, It just seems that way sometimes). If Eucharistic Adoration is avbailable somewhere in the swamp, that would be a perfect place for such yelling and railing. His knee always has a spot for you :)[/font]
[/quote]
I just wanna say that beard is totally sweet.

[quote name='Raphael' date='07 September 2009 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1252375486' post='1963073']
I've felt this way many times. Adoration...don't say anything, just sit and breathe...usually helps give me perspective.
[/quote]

This. So this...

:console:

I screamed at God and cried for almost an hour and a half in the lower church sacristy the day I decided to leave OLAM... I think He understood... kind of weird to look back on the fact that I was yelling in a sacristy. But where else was I going to do it? :idontknow:

You know... I read something in a blog about that today. It was really cool... [url="http://annebender.blogspot.com/2009/09/crushed-grapes.html"]Crushed Grapes[/url] if you're interested.

I'm sorry you're feeling like that though. I will pray for you. :console:

Divine earwax. I'm sorry, but that's a really gross thing to contemplate.

[quote name='rachael' date='07 September 2009 - 10:07 PM' timestamp='1252375638' post='1963076']
forget divine earwax, the regular stuff is bad enough [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif[/img]
[/quote]

But then you can eat it!

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Winchester' date='07 September 2009 - 10:03 PM' timestamp='1252375417' post='1963069']
Yeah, it's called "lightning".
[/quote]
I know someone whose brother was struck dead by lightning while cursing God. Not kidding.

The Bus Station

[quote name='picchick' date='07 September 2009 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1252377529' post='1963112']
But then you can eat it!
[/quote]

this thread is making me hungry :evil:

[quote name='The Bus Station' date='07 September 2009 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1252380164' post='1963146']
this thread is making me hungry [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/evil.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Come to my house tomorrow. I am baking three types of bread and cookies :)

eagle_eye222001

MS,

I can relate to the feeling of being lost and frustrated. :mellow: It's taking me longer to get out of college than I would care for and because I am paying for it myself, I've had to work a lot and take classes at the community college. Bottom line is that I really don't feel like I'm going anywhere fast.....actually I feel like life is stopped for the moment. In the past several months, I was talking with a girl whom I thought I would likely date and now that seems that will never happen.

Basically, I've found myself worrying excessively about the future even though I know I shouldn't....and well.....life's just been...not going anywhere it seems. I found someone though who reminded me that I shouldn't dwell on the past or the future as that is the devil's trap of keeping me from the present. We just need to put our trust that Jesus will take care of us in the future, and do our best in the present, and count on him to work things out.

I'll keep you in my prayers. :sign:

Archaeology cat

*hug* While my frustrations lately haven't been on the same level as yours, I've found it helps a lot to just sit before Jesus in the Tabernacle and pour out my heart, or just be still. (I've not been great at the latter).