An Old School Catholic Message Board

College Bans Sex With Roommate Around

eagle_eye222001

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='CatherineM' date='30 September 2009 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1254334560' post='1974944']
I had that trouble freshman year. It's a form of sexual harassment in my opinion.
[/quote]
:ohno:

It is such a creepy concept. Every dorn I've seen was smaller than my bathroom (err, washroom). You'd think that people would want more privacy than that...

I would eat a lot of beans and cruciferous vegetables so that they'd be the ones with something to complain about. :evil:

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='30 September 2009 - 02:26 PM' timestamp='1254335193' post='1974949']
Every dorn I've seen was smaller than my bathroom
[/quote]
Michael Dorn excepted of course.

[quote] We live in more of a [wussy] generation now, where everybody’s become used to saying, “Well, how do we handle it psychologically?” In those days, you just punched the bully back and duked it out. Even if the guy was older and could push you around, at least you were respected for fighting back, and you’d be left alone from then on… [/quote]

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='30 September 2009 - 02:26 PM' timestamp='1254335193' post='1974949']

It is such a creepy concept. Every dorn I've seen was smaller than my bathroom (err, washroom). You'd think that people would want more privacy than that...

I would eat a lot of beans and cruciferous vegetables so that they'd be the ones with something to complain about. :evil:
[/quote]

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='30 September 2009 - 02:27 PM' timestamp='1254335246' post='1974950']
Michael Dorn excepted of course.
[/quote]

:lol_pound: idiot :cyclops:

[quote]"It would have been preferable if this decision had come out of a moreinclusive and collaborative process," said Ratain, a senator in theTufts Community Union, the school's student council.
[/quote]

REEEEAALLY...

You need a consensus of opinions on something like "Please don't wake up your roommate with the hoogity boogity"?

This is good news--like Phil said, it can be horrible, and a lot of people are in situations with inconsiderate roomies. I live with four other girls in a townhouse, and one of their boyfriends is living with us almost full-time. He's really considerate and quiet, thankfully.

[/quote]
You would think. It's such an intimate moment ... I personally can't imagine wanting witnesses to that. And being so inconsiderate.

[/quote]
I'll suggest this to my friends who are still in college.

[quote name='MissyP89' date='30 September 2009 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1254336377' post='1974956']
This is good news--like Phil said, it can be horrible, and a lot of people are in situations with inconsiderate roomies. I live with four other girls in a townhouse, and one of their boyfriends is living with us almost full-time. He's really considerate and quiet, thankfully.
[/quote]
My parents would flip if I were living in a situation like that.

[quote name='hot stuff' date='30 September 2009 - 12:43 PM' timestamp='1254336208' post='1974955']
REEEEAALLY...

You need a consensus of opinions on something like "Please don't wake up your roommate with the hoogity boogity"?
[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:lol_pound:

I will tell you how I handled it so that it never happened again. I got up early in the morning while they were still asleep, moved a chair very quietly across the room, and sat right next to her bed so that when she woke up she would see me just staring at her unblinkingly. There were screams, and she moved out a week later.

[quote name='CatherineM' date='30 September 2009 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1254351429' post='1975154']
I will tell you how I handled it so that it never happened again. I got up early in the morning while they were still asleep, moved a chair very quietly across the room, and sat right next to her bed so that when she woke up she would see me just staring at her unblinkingly. There were screams, and she moved out a week later.
[/quote]
:biglol:

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='CatherineM' date='30 September 2009 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1254351429' post='1975154']
[/quote]
That's awesome! :))

[quote name='CatherineM' date='30 September 2009 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1254351429' post='1975154']
[/quote]
:lol_roll: :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

Happened to me once. I woke up and ran out pretty quick. Waited as long as I could and still stay awake in the lounge. Then went back and knocked on the door. They let me in. I went back to sleep. And then I was woken up again.

So I kicked them out. Told them I was trying to sleep.

So awkward ....

I would have thought that such a ruling would be strange, otherwise.

EDIT: I dragged my roommate to confession the next day, too ...

Edited by mommas_boy