Laudate_Dominum Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 Why, I do Winchester. Tell me sir, do you write by chance?
Secuutus Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 I enjoy writing. I think I'm pretty good at it. =)
Winchester Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='05 October 2009 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1254777697' post='1978429'] Why, I do Winchester. Tell me sir, do you write by chance? [/quote] Not usually by chance.
Laudate_Dominum Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' date='05 October 2009 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1254780700' post='1978470'] Not usually by chance. [/quote] Then we truly have nothing in common. [color="#808080"][i]This message composed was by chance. :lolcat:[/i][/color]
Winchester Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='05 October 2009 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1254780799' post='1978474'] Then we truly have nothing in common. [color="#808080"][i]This message composed was by chance. :lolcat:[/i][/color] [/quote] Oh, it was not. :loldog:
Winchester Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 But yes, I write. Fiction, no particular genre.
Era Might Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 I like short stories. I have an idea for a novel.
Laudate_Dominum Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 I've been writing code all day with phatmass as a compile break.
Winchester Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Era Might' date='05 October 2009 - 06:16 PM' timestamp='1254780970' post='1978481'] I like short stories. I have an idea for a novel. [/quote] I wrote only shorts until around a year or so. I've got two roughed novels, one of which I'm trying to tame, but can't get a handle on. I've got a 900 page monster lurking in the background, as well.
Era Might Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' date='05 October 2009 - 06:20 PM' timestamp='1254781256' post='1978490'] I wrote only shorts until around a year or so. I've got two roughed novels, one of which I'm trying to tame, but can't get a handle on. I've got a 900 page monster lurking in the background, as well. [/quote] I don't know if I could ever write a really long novel. But I know some writers say they find novels easier than short stories. I like writing poetry as well, but poetry can be frustrating, because it's so compressed and each word is so vital. Prose is more natural for me to write.
Winchester Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Era Might' date='05 October 2009 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1254781491' post='1978498'] I don't know if I could ever write a really long novel. But I know some writers say they find novels easier than short stories. I like writing poetry as well, but poetry can be frustrating, because it's so compressed and each word is so vital. Prose is more natural for me to write. [/quote] I just kept going, but I knew the ending in both. I write about madness and death. I'm on another forum with writers, but I'd feel better talking about it here. This is home. Edited October 5, 2009 by Winchester
Sojourner Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 I write. I used to write for a living. Now I just write for the heck of it. I am considering writing a novel. It might be more fun than lawyering.
CatherineM Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Terra Firma' date='05 October 2009 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1254782404' post='1978519'] I am considering writing a novel. It might be more fun than lawyering. [/quote] It is if you don't mind the PR side of it.
Sojourner Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' date='05 October 2009 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1254782967' post='1978532'] It is if you don't mind the PR side of it. [/quote] First I'd have to write a novel people would want me to do PR for. We're not quite to that bridge yet ...
Secuutus Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 I write scripts with my friend. He goes a an art school for directing and we are always shooting a short film. But we recently have written a full length film and have started writing a new television series idea.
Winchester Posted October 5, 2009 Author Posted October 5, 2009 If you're always shooting it, it can't be all that short, anymore.
Lounge Daddy Posted October 5, 2009 Posted October 5, 2009 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='05 October 2009 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1254781028' post='1978482'] I've been writing code all day with phatmass as a compile break. [/quote] So, then, would that be non-fiction writing?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now