Winchester Posted October 6, 2009 Author Posted October 6, 2009 I am supposed to be writing right now.
Lounge Daddy Posted October 7, 2009 Posted October 7, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' date='06 October 2009 - 12:52 PM' timestamp='1254847927' post='1979180'] I am supposed to be writing right now. [/quote] What are you working on?
goldenchild17 Posted October 7, 2009 Posted October 7, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Winchester' date='05 October 2009 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1254773823' post='1978367'] Who on here writes? [/quote] I do, though not particularly good at it. I'm working on a novel now based on traditional Irish/Celtic mythology with an emphasis on symbology and "story within the story." (ie. weak C.S. Lewis imitation). The idea and parallels I've come up with are pretty genius if I may say so myself and in the hands of a more competent writer would likely become a success. But being pretty selfish I would rather try and see if I can put it all together myself before sharing the details with someone more able than I. It will quite likely turn into a series of at least two books, though likely three since that seems to be the cooler number Also writing a second story, just a present-day social-commentary type, though that's probably just a stand-alone piece. Edited October 7, 2009 by goldenchild17
Winchester Posted October 7, 2009 Author Posted October 7, 2009 [quote name='Lounge Daddy' date='06 October 2009 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1254887601' post='1979650'] What are you working on? [/quote] Getting interested in one of a few ideas enough to pursue them. Yesterday it was about a divorced debt collector.
Era Might Posted October 8, 2009 Posted October 8, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' date='07 October 2009 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1254923669' post='1979809']Yesterday it was about a divorced debt collector. [/quote] I guess you take seriously the old phrase "write what you know."
Resurrexi Posted October 8, 2009 Posted October 8, 2009 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='05 October 2009 - 05:17 PM' timestamp='1254781028' post='1978482'] I've been writing code all day with phatmass as a compile break. [/quote] I read that as Compline.
Winchester Posted October 8, 2009 Author Posted October 8, 2009 [quote name='Era Might' date='07 October 2009 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1254964053' post='1980444'] I guess you take seriously the old phrase "write what you know." [/quote] Are you insinuating I'm a debt collector?
Laudate_Dominum Posted October 8, 2009 Posted October 8, 2009 [quote name='Resurrexi' date='07 October 2009 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1254965226' post='1980467'] I read that as Compline. [/quote] I wish that were the case.
picchick Posted October 8, 2009 Posted October 8, 2009 I like to write. I do journaling sometimes. Stupid poetry that makes fun of things other times. I started a novel from last year's NANOWRMO but haven't finished it yet. I am not even halfway done. I don't know if I will be doing nanowrimo this year or not. I want to write a novel about my family and the random stuff that happens with us.
Winchester Posted October 8, 2009 Author Posted October 8, 2009 Like when that family of possums made a nest in your mom's sock drawer?
Laudate_Dominum Posted October 8, 2009 Posted October 8, 2009 I have a story that I set out to write last year but set aside (thankfully). I just found the doc in my documents folder and read the first page. Oy vey! I can't imagine a publisher that could get passed paragraph two. I think in the future I'll outsource my story ideas to India.
Winchester Posted October 8, 2009 Author Posted October 8, 2009 Just got a rejection from weird tales. I'm pretty sure the story is at the limits of my weirdness. I've also been rejected by Zoetrope, Glimmer Train, and some others.
Laudate_Dominum Posted October 8, 2009 Posted October 8, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' date='08 October 2009 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1255003345' post='1980749'] Just got a rejection from weird tales. I'm pretty sure the story is at the limits of my weirdness. I've also been rejected by Zoetrope, Glimmer Train, and some others. [/quote] [color="#000000"]Yeah but have you been published ever? I've yet to write something that I could comfortably show to a living soul. I'll write something, think it is freekin awesome, then set it aside for a while and discover that it is complete c[color="#000000"]rap[/color]. Published or not I'm jealous of your made skillz. Arrrrg!! I wish I could make a living writing crappy sci-fi. Maybe if I supplement my income with food stamps and welfare checks... Hmm... Any advice oh wise one?[/color]
Laudate_Dominum Posted October 8, 2009 Posted October 8, 2009 [quote name='Winchester' date='08 October 2009 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1255003345' post='1980749'] I'm pretty sure the story is at the limits of my weirdness.[/quote] Btw, that is a scary thought.
Winchester Posted October 8, 2009 Author Posted October 8, 2009 No stories, but plenty of crazy letters to the editor/opinion things. I guess a story about knifekitten on thingsihate.org, but that's basically fanfic so I don't think it counts. Vonngeut's the sort of Scifi I like, but I'm interested in this novel I saw called "Space Vulture" it looks kind of fun. I'd love to write a big beaver dam space novel. I think it would be a blast, but I'm stuck in suburban nightmares, lately.
Paddington Posted October 8, 2009 Posted October 8, 2009 I didn't know who the Cheshire Cat was til I was bout 10 and he was on a commemorative Coke can.
MissyP89 Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 I write. It used to be just fiction, but now I'm majoring in Journalism and saving up my fiction for NaNoWriMo in November.
organwerke Posted October 10, 2009 Posted October 10, 2009 Once upon a time... I wrote!!! Now, I prefer reading than writing!
Winchester Posted October 10, 2009 Author Posted October 10, 2009 [quote name='MissyP89' date='09 October 2009 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1255137071' post='1982081'] I write. It used to be just fiction, but now I'm majoring in Journalism [/quote] So...still just fiction.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now