MissyP89 Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 Okay, I am so very sick of seeing the inside of a confessional. Or the inside of a sacristy if I'm at school. Which one of you wants to hold my hand on the way there for like, the 3rd time this month? *crawls under a rock*
Christie_M Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 I'll gladly go with you. it seems like every time I finish my penance, I need to go back :ohno:but you're lucky. There is no confession offered at my parish, so I have to wait a few months until there's a special occasion.
Lil Red Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 +J.M.J.+ i get tired of confessing the same thing over and over: "I have failed to love....again."
mcts Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 [quote name='MissyP89' date='13 October 2009 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1255492243' post='1984970'] Okay, I am so very sick of seeing the inside of a confessional. Or the inside of a sacristy if I'm at school. Which one of you wants to hold my hand on the way there for like, the 3rd time this month? *crawls under a rock* [/quote] don't feel bad. i've gone 3 times since last monday
OraProMe Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 [quote name='Christie_M' date='13 October 2009 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1255495572' post='1985004'] There is no confession offered at my parish [/quote] WHAT! ps. You could probably make appointments with the priest A good priest is never too busy to hear confession.
Archaeology cat Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 [quote name='Lil Red' date='14 October 2009 - 05:48 AM' timestamp='1255495703' post='1985007'] +J.M.J.+ i get tired of confessing the same thing over and over: "I have failed to love....again." [/quote] Same here. Exactly.
MissyP89 Posted October 14, 2009 Author Posted October 14, 2009 *grins* You guys are amazing. Jeff, go away. Hour and a half left. YAY!
jeffpugh Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 [quote name='MissyP89' date='14 October 2009 - 11:02 AM' timestamp='1255532545' post='1985107'] *grins* You guys are amazing. Jeff, go away. Hour and a half left. YAY! [/quote] No, I mean I had to go more than thrice a month before.
Saint Therese Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 [color="#008080"]I go from once a week to once every two weeks. [/color]
Jesus_lol Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 I would like to go and try it, do they frown on non catholics going to confession? i think it would be good for me
eagle_eye222001 Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 (edited) [color="#000080"][quote name='Jesus_lol' date='14 October 2009 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1255540974' post='1985167'] I would like to go and try it, do they frown on non catholics going to confession? i think it would be good for me [/quote] These two threads should answer your question.[/color] http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=19886 http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=115347 Edited October 14, 2009 by eagle_eye222001
Saint Therese Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 I think confession is so awesome. Sure it can be painful and embarrassing. But then I think the humiliation is a good penance for whatever sin I've committed. I like to think that its a very intimate encounter with Jesus.
Christie_M Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 [quote name='OraProMe' date='14 October 2009 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1255501726' post='1985045'] WHAT! ps. You could probably make appointments with the priest A good priest is never too busy to hear confession. [/quote] I could. But then he'd know who I am Which is why I don't like face to face confession--its hard enough telling the priest what I did, but for him to put a face to it is harder.
Saint Therese Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 [color="#48D1CC"]You could always wear a mask.[/color]
BG45 Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 (edited) Sorry... I'm sick of seeing it too. Last time was "Forgive me Father, it has been four days since my last Confession". Edit: [quote name='OraProMe' date='14 October 2009 - 02:28 AM' timestamp='1255501726' post='1985045'] WHAT! ps. You could probably make appointments with the priest A good priest is never too busy to hear confession. [/quote] When I was a Baptist and in Junior year of Undergraduate Studies, my RA was a nominal Catholic who tried to schedule an appointment at the Newman Center with the priest there. He tried four or five times and never got Fr. J to reply to him, except once to tell him if he felt bad he should go get drunk. Edited October 14, 2009 by BG45
Christie_M Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='14 October 2009 - 11:22 AM' timestamp='1255540974' post='1985167'] I would like to go and try it, do they frown on non catholics going to confession? i think it would be good for me [/quote] oops! sorry hun. I accidently gave you a negative point. but i'm all out of +s to get rid of it.
Saint Therese Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 [color="#9ACD32"]How about, Forgive me Father because its been four days since my last confession?[/color]
BG45 Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Christie_M' date='14 October 2009 - 02:37 PM' timestamp='1255545479' post='1985231'] oops! sorry hun. I accidently gave you a negative point. but i'm all out of +s to get rid of it. [/quote] Gotten rid of. [quote name='Saint Therese' date='14 October 2009 - 02:38 PM' timestamp='1255545530' post='1985232'] [color="#9ACD32"]How about, Forgive me Father because its been four days since my last confession?[/color] [/quote] The shame and remorse is just as honest and true without adding a single word. Edited October 14, 2009 by BG45
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now