MissyP89 Posted October 14, 2009 Author Posted October 14, 2009 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' date='14 October 2009 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1255536176' post='1985120'] No, I mean I had to go more than thrice a month before. [/quote] I hear you, bro. It helped.
Slappo Posted October 14, 2009 Posted October 14, 2009 yay for confession helping! I absolutely HATE going... especially now because it is to my 1. old spiritual director 2. good friend 3. BOSS. Yeah... and on top of that if it is anything internet related (has gotten 100x better and just a semi-rare slip up now) he gets a report from it through covenant eyes... so he hears about it in the confessional, and then OUTSIDE of the seal he pulls me aside when the report comes in and says "so... whats up." and I'm like "YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHATS UP BUT IT'S ALL BEHIND THE STUPID SEAL!"
OraProMe Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 "When I was a Baptist and in Junior year of Undergraduate Studies, my RA was a nominal Catholic who tried to schedule an appointment at the Newman Center with the priest there. He tried four or five times and never got Fr. J to reply to him, except once to tell him if he felt bad he should go get drunk." Sounds like Fr. J needs to go to confession himself.
MissyP89 Posted October 15, 2009 Author Posted October 15, 2009 [quote name='Slappo' date='14 October 2009 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1255561793' post='1985411'] yay for confession helping! I absolutely HATE going... especially now because it is to my 1. old spiritual director 2. good friend 3. BOSS. Yeah... and on top of that if it is anything internet related (has gotten 100x better and just a semi-rare slip up now) he gets a report from it through covenant eyes... so he hears about it in the confessional, and then OUTSIDE of the seal he pulls me aside when the report comes in and says "so... whats up." and I'm like "YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHATS UP BUT IT'S ALL BEHIND THE STUPID SEAL!" [/quote] Ouch--burned twice! Do you elect to have that, or is it something you have to do for work? Good for you, though--if I knew my priest was watching where I went online, I'd definitely be more...selective.
BG45 Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 [quote name='OraProMe' date='14 October 2009 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1255568345' post='1985561'] Sounds like Fr. J needs to go to confession himself. [/quote] Were I to judge, I'd say yes. He also stole candy from our fundraiser for my honors society. Only person in the prof lounge not to pay for their choclate bar; got busted by the ex-nun.
MissyP89 Posted October 15, 2009 Author Posted October 15, 2009 Public slander much? o.o Telling the truth is only a fair defense in libel suits...
BG45 Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 (edited) Ah but is it slander when one does not realize it? Mortal sin requires both the intent and the deed. I was only telling the truth Edited October 15, 2009 by BG45
The Bus Station Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 My confession today began like this:: "Bless me, Father, for I have sinned; it has been two days since my last confession." I felt pretty lame. But not aftwerward I go once or twice a week. The more you go the easier it gets! That priest is just Jesus in disguise, and He loves you a lot... a lot a lot.
Starets Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 [font="Garamond"][size="4"][color="#9932CC"]There was once, back in the 90's when I started a Confession like this: Me: Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. It has only been a day since my last confession, but it was a rough night! The Priest: (a few seconds of giggling)[/color][/size][/font]
Innocent Posted October 16, 2009 Posted October 16, 2009 (edited) [color="#000000"]Every time I go to Confession, my secret irrational fear is that the priest will say, "Not again! Weren't you here a fortnight ago with very the same list of sins? And a fortnight before that? Come to think of it, I think you've been confessing to the same things for the entire last year!" [/color] [color="#000000"]But it's never happened so far. But all the same, once I confess them, I'm always glad I did manage to confess everything without hiding anything.[/color] Edited October 16, 2009 by Innocent
Jesus_lol Posted October 16, 2009 Posted October 16, 2009 (edited) [quote name='eagle_eye222001' date='14 October 2009 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1255541835' post='1985178'] [color="#000080"] These two threads should answer your question.[/color] [url="http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=19886"]http://forums.cathol...ead.php?t=19886[/url] [url="http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=115347"]http://forums.cathol...ad.php?t=115347[/url] [/quote] so thats a no. well poo. i was looking forward to that. and i was wondering, lets say i did become catholic and went to confession, would i have to remembers all the various sins i have commited in the past 21 years? I'm pretty sure that priest would have to eat drink and sleep at some point before that was over. Edited October 16, 2009 by Jesus_lol
BG45 Posted October 16, 2009 Posted October 16, 2009 [quote name='Jesus_lol' date='16 October 2009 - 11:55 AM' timestamp='1255708515' post='1986448'] so thats a no. well poo. i was looking forward to that. and i was wondering, lets say i did become catholic and went to confession, would i have to remembers all the various sins i have commited in the past 21 years? I'm pretty sure that priest would have to eat drink and sleep at some point before that was over. [/quote] Well technically if you've been baptised in the Trinitarian Formula (Which I would think would be the case in the Church of Christ) it would be more like since you were baptised for the various sins. I felt the same way about my First Confession and despite typing out a three page list (covering between my baptism and then), it was over in like 15 minutes.
MissyP89 Posted October 16, 2009 Author Posted October 16, 2009 And all you have to do is your best to remember, Nick. I like to add at the end, "For these, and any sins I might have forgotten, I am truly sorry." As long as you try to remember everything and don't purposely hide anything, it's fine.
Saint Therese Posted October 18, 2009 Posted October 18, 2009 Anyone had a priest laugh at you during confession?
T-Bone _ Posted October 18, 2009 Posted October 18, 2009 [quote name='Saint Therese' date='18 October 2009 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1255891592' post='1987354'] Anyone had a priest laugh at you during confession? [/quote] Like laugh at what you did?
Saint Therese Posted October 18, 2009 Posted October 18, 2009 [color="#FFA500"]Yes. Or maybe laugh just laugh at something else you said in the confessional. I'm just wondering..[/color]
BG45 Posted October 18, 2009 Posted October 18, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Saint Therese' date='18 October 2009 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1255891592' post='1987354'] Anyone had a priest laugh at you during confession? [/quote] Yep, a day I had to go into a crawlspace at the house beforehand. That crawlspace has terrified me since I was old enough to stand and some mail fell into it... The new priest in residence laughed when I told him about it and went, "and that Fr. is why I have to confess taking the Lord's name in vain many many times in the past hour". Edit: I got that mail out. Edited October 18, 2009 by BG45
T-Bone _ Posted October 18, 2009 Posted October 18, 2009 [quote name='BG45' date='18 October 2009 - 04:07 PM' timestamp='1255903663' post='1987480'] That crawlspace has terrified me since I was old enough to stand and some mail fell into it... [/quote] I, at first, interpreted the mail falling into it as the source of your fear.
Jesus_lol Posted October 19, 2009 Posted October 19, 2009 ugghh, crawlspaces smell of elderberries. worst job i had was going underneath this guys house and removing(and replacing!) old fiberglass insulation, that his cats had destroyed. the ceiling was at times as low as 2 inches above my face if i was lying flat. was under there for 5 hours. parts of his house were supported by stacks of flat rock. ugggh, so confining and itchy, spiders, eeeeeeeehhh. thankfully i had my music playing so i could just stop and listen for short breaks, keep the sanity.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now