rkwright Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 [quote name='CatherineM' date='15 October 2009 - 05:57 PM' timestamp='1255647426' post='1986090'] Wow, think of how far away you could pick people off from that bell tower. [/quote] What that picture fails to show is that the Cathedral is in downtown houston. The bell tower is much shorter than its surrounding area.
Veridicus Posted October 15, 2009 Author Posted October 15, 2009 Can you not post images from photobucket?
rkwright Posted October 15, 2009 Posted October 15, 2009 (edited) I think you can? I'm pretty sure I've done it before... double check you link and formating I think something is wrong with your link. Edited October 15, 2009 by rkwright
Veridicus Posted October 15, 2009 Author Posted October 15, 2009 [quote name='rkwright' date='15 October 2009 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1255650555' post='1986124'] I think you can? I'm pretty sure I've done it before... double check you link and formating I think something is wrong with your link. [/quote] I'm copying the link photobucket is telling me to paste within the [img] things. I don't get it...when I think I have it it says "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board." I don't understand
Veridicus Posted October 15, 2009 Author Posted October 15, 2009 (edited) Figured it out...post coming soon... Edited October 15, 2009 by Veridicus
Veridicus Posted October 16, 2009 Author Posted October 16, 2009 (edited) So apparently you can't post links to .png files. Here are pictures of the "improvements" made to my home parish where I grew up in Evansville. Saint Philip the Apostle, Mount Vernon, Indiana (part of the Evansville Diocese). Established in 1840. It should be noted that the minor altars were removed long before the construction of the new church in 2000. [IMG]http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/Veridicus21/SaintPhilipChurch1927.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/Veridicus21/SaintPhilipChurch1946.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/Veridicus21/SaintPhilipChurch1947.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/Veridicus21/SaintPhilipChurch1972.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/Veridicus21/SaintPhilipChurch1996.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/Veridicus21/SaintPhilipChurch2007.jpg[/IMG] Additionally telling is the change that took place in Evansville's "Christ the King" Catholic Church [IMG]http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/Veridicus21/ChristtheKingChurch.jpg[/IMG] Edited October 16, 2009 by Veridicus
Apotheoun Posted October 16, 2009 Posted October 16, 2009 [quote name='Veridicus' date='15 October 2009 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1255651417' post='1986142'] So apparently you can't post links to .png files. Here are pictures of the "improvements" made to my home parish where I grew up in Evansville. Saint Philip the Apostle, Mount Vernon, Indiana (part of the Evansville Diocese). Established in 1840. It should be noted that the minor altars were removed long before the construction of the new church in 2000. [IMG]http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss172/Veridicus21/SaintPhilipChurch2007.jpg[/IMG][/quote] Wow. That looks like a Methodist Church.
HisChildForever Posted October 16, 2009 Posted October 16, 2009 [quote name='Veridicus' date='15 October 2009 - 07:43 PM' timestamp='1255650230' post='1986116'] Son of a gun....how do I do this? [/quote] That made me LOL.
Apotheoun Posted October 16, 2009 Posted October 16, 2009 Here are a few images of the recently renovated Latin Church near my house: [img]http://www.qaschurch.org/i/Renovation/SANY0032.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.qaschurch.org/i/Renovation/QAS_Janet_Martorello_008.jpg[/img] Below is a closeup of the holographic Risen Christ: [img]http://www.qaschurch.org/i/Renovation/Crucifix_of_The_Risen_Christ.JPG[/img]
Veridicus Posted October 16, 2009 Author Posted October 16, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Apotheoun' date='15 October 2009 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1255652642' post='1986169'] Wow. That looks like a Methodist Church. [/quote] Yep. pretty much. That's kinda my point. Catholic Churches have been almost entirely protestantized. Once the tabernacle is moved out of the Church proper and the statues are all removed....it's basically a protestant church replete with golden banners and nice choral equipment. Fortunately St. Philip installed kneelers unlike a few of the other Churches in our diocese. Funny that the GIRM says to kneel but the architecture and furniture would tell you otherwise. Edited October 16, 2009 by Veridicus
Apotheoun Posted October 16, 2009 Posted October 16, 2009 [quote name='Veridicus' date='15 October 2009 - 06:35 PM' timestamp='1255653318' post='1986179'] Yep. pretty much. That's kinda my point. Catholic Churches have been almost entirely protestantized. Once the tabernacle is moved out of the Church proper and the statues are all removed....it's basically a protestant church replete with golden banners and nice choral equipment. [/quote] You are overlooking the importance of having a holographic risen Christ in the community worship center!
Veridicus Posted October 16, 2009 Author Posted October 16, 2009 [quote name='Apotheoun' date='15 October 2009 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1255653456' post='1986181'] You are overlooking the importance of having a holographic risen Christ in the community worship center! [/quote] Haha. Didn't John's Apocalypse describe a holographic Jesus and all of the spaceship-shaped Catholic Churches taking flight toward the mothership? Or was that the Book of Mormon?
Apotheoun Posted October 16, 2009 Posted October 16, 2009 [quote name='Veridicus' date='15 October 2009 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1255653559' post='1986184'] I wonder if heaven is beige? [/quote] Yes, as far as the renovation team at QAS is concerned, heaven is beige, but more importantly it is holographic.
Brother Adam Posted October 16, 2009 Posted October 16, 2009 Right now we just won't go there because I still envy all of your ugly churches.
Veridicus Posted October 16, 2009 Author Posted October 16, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Apotheoun' date='15 October 2009 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1255653710' post='1986190'] Yes, as far as the renovation team at QAS is concerned, heaven is beige, but more importantly it is holographic. [/quote] So heaven is visible so long as the antimatter containment field is maintained? I sure hope Satan doesn't sabatoge the dilithium crystals in the warpcore or Jesus might disappear. Holograms speak to people these days Todd. You just don't get it. Jesus is like so now. He's as hip as chipotle-flavored fast-food specials, vampire teen flicks, and remakes of 60s space fantasies. He's like all those things hybridized and wrapped in beige goodness. Only banners and holograms can contain his refulgence. Edited October 16, 2009 by Veridicus
Brother Adam Posted October 16, 2009 Posted October 16, 2009 [quote name='Veridicus' date='15 October 2009 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1255653924' post='1986195'] Holograms speak to people these days Todd. You just don't get it. Jesus is like so now. He's as hip as chipotle-flavored fast-food specials, vampire teen flicks, and remakes of 60s space fantasies. He's like all those things hybridized and wrapped in beige goodness. Only banners and holograms can contain his refulgence. [/quote] Phatmass Quote of the Day Award.
Apotheoun Posted October 16, 2009 Posted October 16, 2009 The best thing about the holographic risen Christ at QAS is that the cross rotates to reveal a crucifix.
Veridicus Posted October 16, 2009 Author Posted October 16, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Apotheoun' date='15 October 2009 - 07:51 PM' timestamp='1255654284' post='1986202'] The best thing about the holographic risen Christ at QAS is that the cross rotates to reveal a crucifix. [/quote] It rotates? Like on a timer? or all the time?!?!? So it's like hologram...then you blink...then crucifix....then hologram. That's trippy. Edited October 16, 2009 by Veridicus
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now