Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Let's Say Something Nice About Protestants!


Recommended Posts

homeschoolmom
Posted

I mean it... please take the time to say something nice about our brothers and sisters in Christ... In this season of Holy Week, I think it would be good to pray for our separated brethren. (I've spent too much time on the Debate Table today)...

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua
Posted

I would agree...I have spent to much time debating and not enough praying...We need to love our neighbors like ourselves. :rolleyes: :D

Pax et Agape per Maria, Andy

Posted

Well one thing I can say is that, statistically speaking, there are more pro-life Protestants than there are pro-life Catholics, percentage wise. A lot of them are doing something right in that realm.

Posted

I invited one to say a Rosary with me tonight. :) Too bad he was too busy. :( Oh well, the poor guy isn't Catholic...actually, let me start at the beginning.

Last October my youth director, matt gill, came out with a T-shirt with "I'm a Papist" on the front. It's set up to look like "I'm a Pepper" (from Dr. Pepper). Well, anyway, someone started calling this guy a heretic so he wants to get a shirt which says "I'm a Heretic" on it.

But I'm being nice!

Posted

i have alot of protestant friends, they got alot of spirit, so at least their heart's in the right place. Even tho i have faith that this is the true church, i think there is alot we can learn from our protestant friends as well, and vice versa.

Livin_the_MASS
Posted (edited)

I will say a Hail Mary for them.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amoung women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinner, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Mary I pray for all my protestant brothers and sisters, I put them in your hands, Most Holy Mother.

Mary Holy Mother of God, Pray for us.

Edited by Jason
Sammy Blaze
Posted

Protestants are dope


just not as dope as the Pope!



Sammy Blaze's corny joke of the month :rolleyes:

Pax Christi
~S.

chocolate thunder
Posted

A few good things 'bout them Protestants:

1) It's because of evangelical and fundamentalist Protestants that the U.S. hasn't yet followed Europe wholly into the black swamp of post-Christianity.

2) We're learning from Protestants - slowly - how to engage in fellowship.

3) Protestants know the Bible. We don't.

4) Protestants are more likely to be fervent in their faith, and less likely to be merely culturally Christian, than are we.

That enough for now.

It's tiring, you know... this business of saying swell things about Protestants...

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='chocolate thunder' date='Apr 5 2004, 10:20 PM'] It's tiring, you know... this business of saying swell things about Protestants... [/quote]
Ah, but it's good for your soul. :) Thanks for saying those astute things. Your first post here!! Welcome.

mom25angels
Posted
:D Some of the BEST Catholics I know are former protestants so........... they can't be all bad.(Just kidding :rolleyes: )!!!!

I love all our seperated bretheren, they challenge me to know love and serve the Lord. I have many Evangelical friends who are fellow crusaders for the unborn too.
Gotta love them!! I just want them all to be "unseparated".

Sarah
Mary's Knight, La
Posted

first as frustrating as it can be i love the fact that they care about me enough to try and save me from error and through this care will challenge me to know and explain every aspect of my faith,

second, gotta hand it to them when it comes to praise music or at least most of the "good" praise music i hear is on prot stations

third, i love how well they know the books of the bible that we agree on

fourth, a lot of the prots i know take living christianity so seriously that they make great christian friends esp if you need someone to hold you accountable

Posted

I think that they are people and people are a gift from God.

Posted

Without them, I probally wouldn't be a Christian I am today.

Posted

I love Protestants. God bless them.

Howevever, I don't feel the same way towards [b]anti-Catholic[/b] Protestants. May God have mercy on their souls.

homeschoolmom
Posted

[quote name='Archangel' date='Apr 5 2004, 11:14 PM']May God have mercy on their souls.[/quote]
May God have mercy on all of our souls!

Remember, most Protestants aren't argumentative... they are nice people who love Jesus the [b]best they know how[/b] . I can't believe that only 11 or so people on Phatmass can say something nice. I hope there are more replies tomorrow.

Mrs. Bro. Adam
Posted

They're not stupid; they just haven't been enlightened yet ;)

IXpenguin21
Posted

my favorite protestant is my dad

Posted

I know the few times I've been to a Protestant church, they have bent over backwards to make me feel welcome, and unlike I've heard they did not try to convert me :D

Posted

[quote name='chocolate thunder' date='Apr 5 2004, 10:20 PM'] A few good things 'bout them Protestants:

1) It's because of evangelical and fundamentalist Protestants that the U.S. hasn't yet followed Europe wholly into the black swamp of post-Christianity.

2) We're learning from Protestants - slowly - how to engage in fellowship.

3) Protestants know the Bible. We don't.

4) Protestants are more likely to be fervent in their faith, and less likely to be merely culturally Christian, than are we.

That enough for now.

It's tiring, you know... this business of saying swell things about Protestants... [/quote]
I don't think any of these things are true, but here is my nice thing:

I love Protestants and I think that they are beautiful people who are awake to the desire for the Mystery and the hope of their lives.

Protestants are also a witness to the powerful role of Christ in society.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

I do believe, from my experience, a lot of Protestants do know their Bible a lot better than the average Catholic. It would serve Catholics well to learn their Bible.




Now if you'll excuse me, I will get off my hypocritical butt and start learning more about the Good Book, myself. :mellow:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...