fatima513 Posted April 6, 2004 Posted April 6, 2004 I just need to know, I'm having a bad I hate my job day, and I wanted to know if anyone else out there is as miserable in their job as I am. :shootme:
Paladin D Posted April 6, 2004 Posted April 6, 2004 I like my job (Web/graphic design), but at times it can be hectic.
homeschoolmom Posted April 6, 2004 Posted April 6, 2004 (edited) "Director of pots and tots" aka wife, mom and homeschooler... Overall, I love it... but there are days.... "Cool it or you're getting on the big, yellow bus tomorrow!!!" I'm bad sometimes... :ph34r: Edited April 6, 2004 by homeschoolmom
Iacobus Posted April 6, 2004 Posted April 6, 2004 I used to work as a check out at a store and HATED it. I never was happy I was stressed and tired never time to relax, ESP on Sundays. I was left feeling empty when I worked and against my moms will I quit. I hated it so much. I will never go back.
Guest Addy'sMom Posted April 6, 2004 Posted April 6, 2004 I do technical support for a small software company and I really like my job, however, we have had some management changes recently that have made me pretty unhappy with the company. The new management here completely lacks morals, honesty and ethics which is really too bad. I am considering looking for new job. So I answered the poll "Sometimes".
cmotherofpirl Posted April 6, 2004 Posted April 6, 2004 As Director of Domestic Relations, and CEO of Management, I get a bit tired of the participation and work ethic of my employees (21,19,18,26). Fortunately I am in control of incentives( you want to borrow how much money?) and time management( you want to stay out how late?)
joemal1117 Posted April 6, 2004 Posted April 6, 2004 I love my job! I'm a Youth Minister and It's so great it's not even a job! i'll pray for you...
Sojourner Posted April 6, 2004 Posted April 6, 2004 I love my job (I'm a reporter for a legal news publication) but this is the first job I've ever had that brings me such joy, and I can definitely relate to "I hate my job" days. I have those here, every once in a while, but overall I don't mind getting up and coming to work every day. It's interesting and fun work, and I love the people I work with. In the past, though, I've had jobs that I could barely bring myself to show up for. It's an exercise in perseverance.
dUSt Posted April 6, 2004 Posted April 6, 2004 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Apr 6 2004, 09:11 AM'] As Director of Domestic Relations, and CEO of Management, I get a bit tired of the participation and work ethic of my employees (21,19,18,26). Fortunately I am in control of incentives( you want to borrow how much money?) and time management( you want to stay out how late?) [/quote] laugh out loud
Carson Weber Posted April 6, 2004 Posted April 6, 2004 Sometimes it's like walking into and out of a hurricane, but working for [url="http://www.scotthahn.com"][u]Dr. Scott Hahn[/u][/url] is a blast. What we're doing at the [url="http://www.salvationhistory.com"][u]St. Paul Center for Biblical Theology[/u][/url] is exciting, especially the parish-based Bible Study program that is currently being formed. If you're interested in bringing a group Bible study to your parish, email [u]staff@salvationhistory.com[/u] with your full name, mailing address, phone number, and email address, and we'll add you to our database of interested contacts and will send you more information when we get this program on the road. Make sure you include a note that you're sending your info to be included in the contact list for the "Parish-Based Bible Study Program".
annie Posted April 6, 2004 Posted April 6, 2004 I am a physical therapist, work part time now, and LOVE IT! Great field for your kids to go into--good pay, good hours and very flexible (I only work when kids are in school.....)
fatima513 Posted April 6, 2004 Author Posted April 6, 2004 Well after reading all your posts I definitely need to find a new job! :leave: I don't think I've liked coming to work for the past 5 years!
Ash Wednesday Posted April 6, 2004 Posted April 6, 2004 My job is okay. I love being in an art field as a designer and illustrator. But right now I don't find my job to be all that fulfilling and I would like to work somewhere else. I'm going to go back to school and get my master's. I'm working and socking away money. So right now I appreciate my job because it pays okay and has good benefits. But someday I'd like to work in an environment that is a little more creative... not that it isn't now, but I'm a very creative minded person and would like to work in a place that isn't so "institutional".... plus I'm working in the print field at the moment and would rather be in multimedia. That's probably why I'm going back to school.......... I understand, Fatima. I have been at this post for 7 years, and was ready to leave at year 3.... I don't "look forward" to going to work most of the time, and it's only been recently I've pulled my head out of my butt and decided to do something about it. I think before I had this naive idea that fortune would just "fall into my lap" if you know what I mean.... P.S. TOMORROW IS THE FIRST DAY OF MY 2-WEEK VACATION WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
fatima513 Posted April 6, 2004 Author Posted April 6, 2004 [quote]P.S. TOMORROW IS THE FIRST DAY OF MY 2-WEEK VACATION WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO... [/quote] Have a great vacation Ash!!!! If I live through this week, I'll be on vacation next week. I guess if I don't live through it I'll be on vacation permanantly!
Theoketos Posted April 6, 2004 Posted April 6, 2004 (edited) I am Ninja Tutor... ...er um I mean that I am a tutor in the Benedictine College Libray. :ph34r: cyclops: :irate: :argue: :punch: :saber: :slap: :leave: :king: :director: [r]edit to add more smile thingys[/r] Breath Slow Edited April 6, 2004 by Theoketos
mom25angels Posted April 7, 2004 Posted April 7, 2004 Love my job--- fulltime homeschool teacher to 5 awesome and, of course, brilliant kids............my only complaint--- the pay stinks!!!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now