Sign in to follow this  
Jesus_lol

Giant List Of Non Satanic Heavy Metal.

philothea
I really appreciate this list, thanks.

BTW, I see you mention Dragonforce in some comparisons, but they're not on the list?

Jesus_lol
[quote name='philothea' date='02 December 2009 - 04:05 PM' timestamp='1259798731' post='2013407']
I really appreciate this list, thanks.

BTW, I see you mention Dragonforce in some comparisons, but they're not on the list?
[/quote]

ahah, personally thats because i think they are terrible. :P i would be incredibly surprised if they had any religious affiliation one way or another, so i guess they are "safe", but there are MUCH better similar bands. ones with real rhythm guitar underneath not just (ok quick i need 3 chords played very boringly so i can start showing off!)

:D

Nihil Obstat
[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='02 December 2009 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1259812829' post='2013583']
Plutonium, lead, osmium, irridium, gold, tungsten, and uranium are all secular, as far as I can tell. :idontknow:
[/quote]
It's too bad; I always did like the uniqueness of mercury. :ohno:

On the other hand, osmium and iridium are both good. :yes: I have an iridi-osmium nib fountain pen. :) They make extremely good nibs, either in their pure forms or as an alloy. Very expensive metals though, on their own, so they don't generally use much.

philothea
[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='02 December 2009 - 10:26 PM' timestamp='1259810806' post='2013544']
ahah, personally thats because i think they are terrible. :P i would be incredibly surprised if they had any religious affiliation one way or another, so i guess they are "safe", but there are MUCH better similar bands. ones with real rhythm guitar underneath not just (ok quick i need 3 chords played very boringly so i can start showing off!)

:D
[/quote]
:lol: Fair enough! It is your list after all.

I think they're kind of fun, but I am a sucker for sappy inspirational lyrics.

Jesus_lol
[quote name='philothea' date='02 December 2009 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1259815686' post='2013614']
:lol: Fair enough! It is your list after all.

I think they're kind of fun, but I am a sucker for sappy inspirational lyrics.
[/quote]

heheh fires, dragons, swords... its all good.

also this is now my favourite ad ever.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO1rYr4BXAI[/media] Edited by Jesus_lol

DemonSlayer
Impending Doom, while "Christian", are very anti-Catholic/religion. Iron Maiden had an extremely anti-Catholic song called Montségur from the album Dance of Death.

sacredheartandbloodofjesus
What about the Catholic Monk/Priest Fratello Metallo?? I personally dont like any Metal.

sacredheartandbloodofjesus
Is Heavy Metal even considered music? Because Ive heard that music is the silence in between the instruments. And it seems as if there is no silence in Heavy Metal or DM or BM.

Jesus_lol
[quote name='DemonSlayer' date='04 December 2009 - 09:01 AM' timestamp='1259946110' post='2014393']
Impending Doom, while "Christian", are very anti-Catholic/religion. Iron Maiden had an extremely anti-Catholic song called Montségur from the album Dance of Death.
[/quote]

really? i didnt know that about Impending Doom.
yeah that song is fairly inflammatory, but altogether not an inaccurate historical account, given the 200+ people who were put to the torch for not renouncing their own religion. More anger at the idea of killing in the name of God, than anger at God or the church itself.

here is a really good interview with Niko McBrain(iron maidens drummer) where he talks about christianity and the band.
http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment/story.html?id=41753537-c41f-4f04-9c43-99def58956ef&k=3874

[quote name='sacredheartandbloodofjesus' date='04 December 2009 - 09:31 AM' timestamp='1259947912' post='2014406']
Is Heavy Metal even considered music? Because Ive heard that music is the silence in between the instruments. And it seems as if there is no silence in Heavy Metal or DM or BM.
[/quote]

haha, music is wherever you find it. by that logic John Cage's song [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4%E2%80%B233%E2%80%B3"]4'33''[/url] is the greatest music ever. personally i think metal is the highest form of modern music. the level of skilled instrumentation and complexity in arrangement in some bands is unparalleled in other genres, and metal takes influence from nearly every other music genre in existence. transcribed into other instruments some metal songs would pass for very technical classical pieces.

Winchester
[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='04 December 2009 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1259976996' post='2014593']

haha, music is wherever you find it. [/quote]

Not it's not. That's dumb. Edited by Winchester

Winchester
[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='04 December 2009 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1259982388' post='2014652']
You're dumb.
[/quote]
Wrong.

Jesus_lol
[quote name='Winchester' date='04 December 2009 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1259982551' post='2014656']
Wrong.
[/quote]

Touche.

and i claim that 90% of metal is better than anything on the radio these days. Edited by Jesus_lol

Jesus_lol
[quote name='Winchester' date='04 December 2009 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1259980453' post='2014621']

Not it's not. That's dumb.
[/quote]

ok, now that i have thought of things such as nickelback, good charlotte and the Jonas brothers i must agree. some things arent music, no matter how many unfortunate people tlisten to them.

Winchester
[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='04 December 2009 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1259983205' post='2014659']
and i can fairly easily claim that 90% of metal is better than anything on the radio these days.
[/quote]
So do it.

Veridicus
[quote name='Nihil Obstat' date='29 November 2009 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1259536296' post='2011448']
Yesterday I tried listening to some famous examples of Christian metal. Mostly Christian black metal, doom metal, and death metal. I'm going to be perfectly honest with you; I found there to be zero redeeming qualities about it. It was just noise to me. I could not stand it. It's not even that I didn't like it, it's like most of it wasn't even music to me. With some of it I literally could have replaced it with white noise and not have cared either way.

I'm sorry, I just couldn't stand it, guys.
[/quote]

I've had the same experience...before I came into my own ownership of my faith, I got stuck in a care en route to a nondenominational retreat in Nashville, Tennessee. The driver I was stuck with was a fan of Christian Death Metal. It was almost as bad as the rest of the retreat. I. just. don't. get. it.