An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pre-Religious Life "bucket List"

magnificat

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='magnificat' timestamp='1262476319' post='2028766']
I'm interested in seeing what others who are discerning would want to do before entering religious life - whether it's serious or fun. Ideas?
[/quote]

I would like to learn Spanish fluently and go to Chile.

But I am doing that so I am fulfilling my bucket list. Truthfully their is nothing greater to do than God's will, so why wait?

:dance:

In Persona Christe

FutureSister2009

Oh and I want to win NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writers Month). This is my first year doing it and I'm hoping it will be a lucky year. I hope to publish a book someday but that could happen before or after I enter Religious Life God-willing right?

[quote name='stlmom' timestamp='1301438137' post='2224427']
Want to add my "welcome back" also, Magnificat. Where have you been?
[/quote]

Thanks. I was with the DSMME and discerned that that was not where God was leading me to permanently.

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='magnificat' timestamp='1301441256' post='2224446']
Thanks. I was with the DSMME and discerned that that was not where God was leading me to permanently.
[/quote]

I'm sorry to hear that...but hopefully you'll find where God is calling you to be soon!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='magnificat' timestamp='1301441256' post='2224446']
[/quote]

Prayers for you! I just discovered, by chance, that my friend left the convent recently, too, so you are not alone. You have my support. :)

• 2 weeks later...
FutureSister2009

Okay this is my official list now. I'll be adding it to my blog very soon.

Go to Rome and have a Papal Audience (this is about to happen actually)
Visit Lourdes
Go to London and see West End Shows
Go back to Disney World.
See Wicked for the 10th time (currently I've seen it 7 times)

I'd love to go to Lisieux as well. Fortunately my Order has a convent there so chances are, I probably will get to go!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1302716397' post='2228199']
Okay this is my official list now. I'll be adding it to my blog very soon.

Go to Rome and have a Papal Audience (this is about to happen actually)
Visit Lourdes
Go to London and see West End Shows
Go back to Disney World.
See Wicked for the 10th time (currently I've seen it 7 times)

I'd love to go to Lisieux as well. Fortunately my Order has a convent there so chances are, I probably will get to go!
[/quote]

Wow!! A phatmasser is going to see the pope! That's great! :pope3:

My list:

Go to Notre-Dame (Paris) and Sacre Couer (Paris) and Sainte-Chapelle and the Shrine of the Miraculous Medal (also France)--this will probably happen, because I'll be studying there soon!

See the Ecstacy of St. Theresa in person. And Il Gesu. And St. Peters (taking art history made this list [i]sooooo[/i] much longer than it once was)

Go back to the Cloisters in NYC (possibility, since I have friends up there)

Go to the cemetery of St. Edward Parish in Richard, Louisiana to see the grave of CHarlene Richard, a little girl who died in the 50s that the church there is trying to get recognized as a servant of God.

That's it. Since I can't enter for at least fourish years, the list is BOUND to get longer....

In No Particular Order:

I would like to cut a CD with my band, and record all my solo work (just because my mother has fully convinced me she will lay down and DIE if she doesn't get to keep any of our/my music).

I would like to finish writing my books.....

I would like to go to Rome and meet the Pope! (My Spritual Director is going this summer.... Would I really suffocate if I hid in his suitcase for the flight there? I was told this, but might just risk it anyway, lol)

I would like to find good homes for all my rabbits.

I would like to (and WILL, if I do nothing else) spend more time with my family. (Speaking of, can anyone recommend any good waterparks for me to take my godchild to? I am limited to the continental U.S. and Hawaii).

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1302730704' post='2228389']

I would like to go to Rome and meet the Pope! (My Spritual Director is going this summer.... Would I really suffocate if I hid in his suitcase for the flight there? I was told this, but might just risk it anyway, lol)

[/quote]

You could always FedEx yourself there and then you would have supplies such as something to make holes in the box with, food, water and such.

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1302731251' post='2228394']
You could always FedEx yourself there and then you would have supplies such as something to make holes in the box with, food, water and such.
[/quote]

Great idea!
...but... I don't know if I can afford FedEx.... :(

MargaretTeresa

I just wanna go to Rome!

As to the water park, my youngest sister highly recommends Holiday World/Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus, Indiana. It's a theme park and water park, and you get free sunscreen so you don't burn and free drinks so you stay hydrated.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emilier98' timestamp='1302731251' post='2228394']
[/quote]

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1302732226' post='2228403']
Great idea!
[/quote]

LOL, that reminds me of the time that Dwight hid himself in the box on "The Office" and poked holes in it! rotfl

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6qiHjjOfDA&feature=related[/media]

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1302732226' post='2228403']
Great idea!
[/quote]

Well, there is UPS, DHL and other carriers too. You could always ship your self on a freighter or stow away on a ship or something like that.

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1302732914' post='2228407']
I just wanna go to Rome!

As to the water park, my youngest sister highly recommends Holiday World/Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus, Indiana. It's a theme park and water park, and you get free sunscreen so you don't burn and free drinks so you stay hydrated.
[/quote]

Thanx for the suggestion, MargaretTeresa! I'll have to look into it...