An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mark Wahlberg

Archaeology cat

Ash Wednesday

[quote name='pvtmiller' date='13 January 2010 - 02:13 AM' timestamp='1263366795' post='2035993']
Yeah Marky Mark is a jerk in real life

have you not heard about some of the stuff he has done
[/quote]

Of course we have. But we're bored of it and now want to know all about all of YOUR dirt so we can take it to some message boards and gossip about it. I think that sounds like the charitable thing to do.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' date='13 January 2010 - 10:13 AM' timestamp='1263395625' post='2036137']
Of course we have. But we're bored of it and now want to know all about all of YOUR dirt so we can take it to some message boards and gossip about it. I think that sounds like the charitable thing to do.
[/quote]

Pvtmiller won a costume contest in the first grade. He was dressed up like a tiger. It was so cute. :love:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='13 January 2010 - 01:19 PM' timestamp='1263403167' post='2036191']
Pvtmiller won a costume contest in the first grade. He was dressed up like a tiger. It was so cute. :love:
[/quote]
That was first grade :lol: :smokey:

But why do I get so much hostility if i say something bad about marky mark?

I personally like what the dude does but i think he is a jerk in his personal life.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='11 January 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1263253644' post='2035077']
rude.
[/quote]

I agree, defiling women and knocking them up outside of marriage is rude.

[quote name='Norseman82' date='13 January 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1263430897' post='2036561']
I agree, defiling women and knocking them up outside of marriage is rude.
[/quote]

i do hope you are being purposefully obtuse.

its very rude to refer to some one that way, and despicable to refer to women who have had sex outside of marriage as "broken, defiled, ruined."

like you haven't commited a mortal sin ever, all are the same in the eyes of God. "let the one without sin..." you know the rest.

In reality Markey Mark is the type of catholic that [i]hollywod[/i] embraces, full of shortcomings and faults. Any devout catholic would be shunned in hollywood as would any person true to any decent religious practises would be. Mel Gibson has a new movie out being hailed as great amongst his peers, I guess getting a divorce was the key, at least now we will not have to hear about how much a fanatic he is.

ed

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='14 January 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1263450173' post='2036811']
i do hope you are being purposefully obtuse.

its very rude to refer to some one that way, and despicable to refer to women who have had sex outside of marriage as "broken, defiled, ruined."
[/quote]

I call it as I see it. I stand by what I say.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' date='14 January 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1263450173' post='2036811']
like you haven't commited a mortal sin ever, all are the same in the eyes of God. "let the one without sin..." you know the rest.
[/quote]

Excuse me, but you don't know me. You are in no position to publicly speculate what I have or have not done. Now THAT is what is rude. Knock off the snarkiness and mind your manners, kid.

Also, the whole "all sin is the same in the eyes of God" is a PROTESTANT idea, not a Catholic one. Even among mortal sins, fornication is singled out for special condemnation somewhere in 1 Corinthians. This is one mortal sin that is among the top tier that is ruining society today.

[quote name='HisChildForever' date='14 January 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1263517932' post='2037308']
I think J is just trying to explain that referring to a non-virgin as "defiled" is a hurtful comment.
[/quote]

Maybe I'm just "old school" and raised in a different generation where that type of behavior was frowned upon more by society (unlike today); but hurtful or not, it is true. Do you agree that sexual promiscuity is causing damage to today's society?

Edited by Norseman82

homeschoolmom

[quote name='pvtmiller' date='14 January 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1263445581' post='2036770']
what year was it in while i was in 1st grade?
[/quote]
1995-96

[quote name='Norseman82' date='14 January 2010 - 08:09 PM' timestamp='1263517744' post='2037305']
Also, the whole "all sin is the same in the eyes of God" is a PROTESTANT idea, not a Catholic one. Even among mortal sins, fornication is singled out for special condemnation somewhere in 1 Corinthians. This is one mortal sin that is among the top tier that is ruining society today.
[/quote]
Read it again, that's not what he said.

And if you have never committed a mortal sin, I must say, you are five times the man I am (hell, you're five times any man I've ever met).

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' date='14 January 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1263519315' post='2037325']
Read it again, that's not what he said.

And if you have never committed a mortal sin, I must say, you are five times the man I am (hell, you're five times any man I've ever met).
[/quote]

What does that have to do with anything? That's just a trick of the devil to shut people up from speaking out against evil and, as he would say in another thread, "call a spade a spade".

And no, I don't go around defiling and knocking up women. So there.

HisChildForever

[quote name='Norseman82' date='14 January 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1263518104' post='2037310']
Maybe I'm just "old school" and raised in a different generation where that type of behavior was frowned upon more by society (unlike today); but hurtful or not, it is true. Do you agree that sexual promiscuity is causing damage to today's society?
[/quote]

Of course sexual promiscuity causes damage to our society - and to our souls. However, there are plenty of people who have made mistakes and sought Confession for them. To refer to these people (or these women) as "defiled" suggests that they will never be pure in God's eyes and that they don't deserve a chance of true love.

Edited by HisChildForever