An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Is Vee8?

dominicansoul

:annoyed: grrrrrr

I will just pray I end up somewhere that already has a Sister Therese, which wont be hard because most places already do, and can thus avoid having her name! So there! :P Id also be fine with a place that lets me choose my own name since Ive already picked that out that as well and it has nothing to do with any Teresa.

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1294768101' post='2199000']
Sr. Marie Terese, that's gonna be your name...
[/quote]

I am a big fan of the saints that carry the Teresa series of names, but it's gotten to be a bit ubiquitous. Vee's name should be Sister Edburgha Hildegard Bertheid Lioba Abra. Sister Eddy for short.

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1294790421' post='2199141']
I am a big fan of the saints that carry the Teresa series of names, but it's gotten to be a bit ubiquitous. Vee's name should be Sister Edburgha Hildegard Bertheid Lioba Abra. Sister Eddy for short.
[/quote]

rotfl well its better than Teresa and more appealing than being Sister Bubbles! Yes there is a Sr Bubbles.

how about Marissa? I know of a nun named Marissa. That means Mary and Therese joined together. How is that?

or Sr. Mary Burgundofara Hermenegilda del Santissimo Rosario, OCD

dominicansoul

How about Sr. Bogumiła? Which in Polish, means, "Favored of God."

(I know a Siostra Bogumiła.) :)

pronounced "bo go me wa"

Hehe, there's a Sr. Precious Blood who goes by 'Precious' ;)

And I thought 'Sr. Miriam' was a good way to by-pass the understandably common 'Sr. Mary'

Though you don't always know what will be there already. My sister thought for sure that when joining a Polish order, 'Sr. Faustina' would be taken. It wasn't :clapping: In her case, they asked her to submit two choices she liked, and then they would assign her a name. I suppose if they didn't like the choices, they could just pick whatever they wanted, but she got her first choice. :dance:

There are many awesome saints named Therese, of course, but I would have no desire to carry her name. If I ever had the opportunity to, I might name a daughter after St. Clare. :)

Back in September laetita crucis named me the following

[quote name='laetitia crucis' timestamp='1284165335' post='2171604']
:lies:

:shock:

How... could you??!?? :mad3:

To you, I throw down my gauntlet!! :french:

And I dub thee...

[size="5"]Sr. Rose Therese Gemma Linus Cletus Sixtus Polycarp of the HOLY BUCKET 'O TEARS and the Divine Child and the Holy Face, and last but not least, of the Little Flower.[/size]
[size="5"]:P :harhar: :flowers:[/size]

[size="1"]Hey... I had to throw in some Pope-martyrs in there, too. Haha![/size]

[size="1"]:bananacorn:[/size]
[/quote]

Reading that makes me miss LC .... and want to go to England to hit her with a chair!!! :bash:
I bet if Sister Indwelling Elizabeth ever reads this she will be like "call her Sister brat!" to which I say it takes one to know one :P

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1294927097' post='2199624']
or Sr. Mary Star of the Sea. Then you will be nicknamed Sr. Sea. :dance:
[/quote]
Or Sr. Stella Maris ---- Stellaaaaaaaa :)

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1294942549' post='2199696']
Or Sr. Stella Maris ---- Stellaaaaaaaa :)
[/quote]

LOL no way! Id probably get yelled at enough without a name that encourages it!

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1294952684' post='2199765']
Pick something that starts with V, and then you can be Sister Vee.

Victoria
Veronica
Vera
Vivian
[/quote]

VERITAS!!!!!

I got mail from the Summit OPs today. :nun2:
Lots of goodies and reading material for example; two newsletters spring and fall, a whole assortment of vocational pamphlets, some (7) lovely postcards, and a book titled Fast-Knit to Christ Dominican Contemplative Nuns A Radical Answer to Radical Love which is a collection of essays. :bible: :coffee: :nun:

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1295051474' post='2200176']
Lots of goodies and reading material for example; two newsletters spring and fall, a whole assortment of vocational pamphlets, some (7) lovely postcards, and a book titled Fast-Knit to Christ Dominican Contemplative Nuns A Radical Answer to Radical Love which is a collection of essays. :bible: :coffee: :nun:
[/quote]

Are you turning Dominican vee? I thought you were a carmelite!

Anyway, we've got another one! GO DOMINICANS!

MissScripture

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1295051474' post='2200176']
[/quote]
FYI, they make really good soap. And they, in typically nunly fashion (or as it seems all nuns do) sent a couple of little pamphlets with the soaps I ordered. :hehe: