An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Is Vee8?

dominicansoul

IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1295230628' post='2200876']
FYI, they make really good soap. And they, in typically nunly fashion (or as it seems all nuns do) sent a couple of little pamphlets with the soaps I ordered. :hehe:
[/quote]

I have ordered soaps from the Summit Dominicans several times, and got some vocational materials each time, as well as their newsletter, and a postcard with a picture of the community saying "Thank-you." As time has gone on, I have sent them short notes with my orders, and with my last order, I told them a bit of my situation and asked for the community's prayers.

I got in return with my soap order two really good meditations to use in saying the Rosary. (I had said in my email, that, despite not being a Catholic, I had begun to say the Rosary.) I also got a lovely email of support and an offering of help, if I wanted it, in finding a spiritual director in Chicago. They were genuinely wanting to help, even from several states away, which felt very good.

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1294960663' post='2199816']

VERITAS!!!!!
[/quote]

...et Aequitas.

"And Shepherds we shall be,
for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thine Hand,
That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nómine Patris et Fílii et Spíritus Sancti."

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1295271085' post='2200979']
...et Aequitas.

"And Shepherds we shall be,
for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thine Hand,
That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nómine Patris et Fílii et Spíritus Sancti."
[/quote]

:love: :crusader:

Somenun left this on my profile.
She lived in solitude and in solitude has built her nest, and now in solitude He guides her, He alone, who also bears in solitude the wound of Love. Remember a Carmelite is known from within. Will you bear his wounds of Love? A Carmelite is one who hangs on the other side of the cross with her Beloved, silently pointing the way to the kingdom. Will you be that one? Will you bear His wounds? Pray

All I can do is His will Sister and it is His will that I window shop right now. All the stores look wonderful because God created them and I want some of what each store has. I walk past, stop, and say ooh that looks nice but all seem lacking after a time. Only one seems to have really captured me because its little employee stole my heart. St Therese dragged me into her shop, ripped it out, and kept it. Im not getting it back either. Im getting this one but where and when I dont know. Maybe Therese needs some encouragement to tell me! :bash: Yes I want, I long for, His heart and His cross and if He doesnt want me beating up His saints He can stop making me wait!!!! In the meantime Therese :bash:

[img]http://www.twoheartsdesign.com/images/clipart/catholic/twohearts/images/Heart2.jpg[/img]

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1295273550' post='2200984']
:love: :crusader:
[/quote]

Well in my very, very little and humble opinion, you sound like a Carmelite to me.

Have you looked into the Carmel of St. Therese of Lisieux in Loretto, PA? I live a couple of hours from there and really love it. I try to go every now and then to soak up some of the presence in the chapel. St. Therese is definitely there. The last time I went to Mass I noticed a new postulant, and I heard someone from my diocese is discerning with them.

I see you've experienced some of Therese's tenaciousness! I've actually told her before to leave me alone for a bit because she is so PRESENT sometimes. Not sure what it is, but my theory is that it has something to do with her words to Celine. Celine asked her if she would watch over her from heaven and T said, "No, I'll come down!" Whereas other saints pray for us from heaven-- somehow it seems that T comes much closer. ????

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1295282521' post='2201009']

All I can do is His will Sister and it is His will that I window shop right now. All the stores look wonderful because God created them and I want some of what each store has. I walk past, stop, and say ooh that looks nice but all seem lacking after a time.
[/quote]

I also said something similar to a nun once (not the somenun who posted on your profile, though ;) ).

If an Order or community is truly living their charism, which was given to the founder by the Holy Spirit, it [i]should[/i] be very attractive - because they are bringing Christ to the world. It is as if we are seeing Jesus on earth, ministering to all in a particular way.

And "window-shopping" has its advantages, because it gives us the perspective to see the different members of Christ's body at work. It reminds us we're not alone; we don't have to do everything. As St. John the Baptist said, we're not the Messiah!

I think the beginning of the Gospel of St. Mark gives us a glimpse into the different types of ways one can serve as Jesus did. I see all of these actions of Jesus as possible vocations. Some are called to stay in the desert and pray. Some are called to heal. Some to free others from their demons with preaching & teaching (& a few people to literally exorcise demons as exorcists - I don't think you're one of those, vee ;) ).

But there does come a time when He knocks at the door of one's heart and asks that person do to something specific... be it to join a certain religious community, look for someone to marry, join a Third Order, become a priest, etc. It is all good if it is His will.

This is how I imagine Him coming to our hearts:

[img]http://anjalimoon.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/jesus-knocking-on-the-door.jpg[/img]

"Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is full of dew, and my locks of the drops of the nights." ~ Song of Songs

:love:

[quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1295299395' post='2201101']

[img]http://anjalimoon.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/jesus-knocking-on-the-door.jpg[/img]

"Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is full of dew, and my locks of the drops of the nights." ~ Song of Songs

:love:
[/quote]

How wonderful. I think I am going to print this.

As no one will remember or care ( I like to hear myself type) I wrote to Buffalo, Valparaiso, and Elysburg Carmels. I got a reply today from Elysburg!!! :nun2: I received their winter newsletter, a brochure titled A Brief Glance at Carmel, and a beautiful letter from the prioress. Lets just say she is giving me extra prayers due to nationalistic favouritism :) :nun2:

Their newsletter is very interesting to me because .... it has no news about them! It doesnt say newsletter on it either though. It is totally my motto (the Jesuit motto) "ad majorem Dei gloriam- for the greater glory of God" in that it has an article about the Infant of Prague, St Maravillas, a Mass schedule and thats it.

I also cant stop thinking about the letter I received, and a line at the end in particular which reads "Our life is a very simple and joyful one, and to one who has been given the grace of a vocation to be a Carmelite [b]no other way of life can fulfill their longing for intimacy with Our Lord.[/b]" Bold mine. That, right there, thats it. Along with some sayings and exhortations from Teresa of Avila in the Brief Glance at Carmel brochure those really say it all for me.

Oh and the part I wrote about praying due to nationalistic favouritism, those are my words not hers. I dont want to misrepresent her, or someone to get the wrong idea etc. She knows, very well, the vocational situation in my area and that is the basis not nationality, although my country can use all the vocations it can get. The Church needs all the vocations it can get.

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1295824122' post='2203577']
I JUST GOT A CALL FROM BUFFALO!!! :o :cloud9:
[/quote]

Woo hoo!

But this list is not helping with the "Annoy IT" factor one bit.

I'll look up a list of lovely Carmels that do not have habits.

:evil:

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone was wondering, which is highly unlikely, I finally got a reply from the Valparaiso Carmel. A letter on lovely stationary that basically says, there are my words, "forget us, stick to Elysburg." I can do that! Which reminds me I better get a letter written to Elysburg so that they might reply before Lent.

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1297805992' post='2212674']
In case anyone was wondering, which is highly unlikely, I finally got a reply from the Valparaiso Carmel. A letter on lovely stationary that basically says, there are my words, "forget us, stick to Elysburg." I can do that! Which reminds me I better get a letter written to Elysburg so that they might reply before Lent.
[/quote]

Wouldn't that be neat if both you and "In The Arms of the Lord" were in formation together? Which reminds me, I wonder how she's doing?

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1297806229' post='2212677']
Wouldn't that be neat if both you and "In The Arms of the Lord" were in formation together? Which reminds me, I wonder how she's doing?
[/quote]

That'd be amesome! Every Carmel and convent needs a couple of phatmassers in my opinion. I never really got to know her though, neither of us even knows the others first name, so I wouldnt know who she is nor she I. If someone ever has an update about her though I hope they share if it's ok.