An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random.

arfink

What part... the candle lit mass?  (see below)

or the warm car (literally warm out in the cold after being turned off for 60 mins.... says somethign about how high my hubby likes to jack up the heat in that car AND how cold we had been.  The heat wafting out of the opened car doors was very inviting.... no sense of penitential spirit any where near old AnneLine....

BTW... this is a picture of the Church of the Epiphany (described above)

IMG_8886.JPG

And here are some of my own parish...

l.jpg

l.jpg

Set up for the candlelite Mass...

l.jpg

BTW... our parish survived the Loma Prieta earthquake, even though part of the Church fell down into the street and it required $8 Million in retrofitting.

I was trying to remember something about this yesterday, and then I remembered, because it reminds me of how FUNNY the Holy Spirit can be sometimes, truly a tease....

We spent nearly 9 months with NO WINDOWS while they were being releaded and retrofitted.  You talk about cold?  A stone building in a foggy, windy city... with cloth hangings over the windows.  And the NOISE!!!   Flapping fabric, howling winds, drove the preachers nuts for months. 

Everyone was waiting for Pentecost.... we figured the preacher would have all the special effects he could DREAM of to preach about the Spirit... and what did we get.  Dead silence.  Not a puff of wind.  Nor fire.  Funny, very funny, Holy Spirit!

Here's what we looked like during the retrofit.... you don't realize how much the windows add until they are GONE!!!!!

l.jpg

And this is what they put in to stabilize our Church -- Flying Buttresses in the Parking Lot!!!!

l.jpg

And yup, we have some beautiful Churches out here.....

Well, it's the first full week of the New Year. Time to get back on track. The huge project we had going is beginning to cool off, and I worked out the kinks with the boss.

First step for getting back on track for the new year:

- I need a nap. Yesterday I was awake for 19 hours, and only got to sleep for 6. That needs to be fixed. In general, in the new year I want to get better sleep. :)

- I need to restart my exercise routine. I'm not 100% sure what I'm going to adopt for exercise since riding bikes in snow and ice is not merely cold and inconvenient, but genuinely dangerous.

- I need to get back on the wagon with the Daily Draw. This past week has thrown EVERYTHING out of whack, even that stuff.

Prayers for you on your new resolutions... sound really HEALTHY!!!!

For what it is worth, ARFink, I'm finding that the Sparkpeople website gives me lots of good tools and lots of motivation... and they have a lot of exercising ideas on there.  You might want to check out the exercise stuff even if you don't want to do the food tracking part of it -- but both are ideal..... and no, I am NOT paid by these people...     www.sparkpeople.com

I PMed you the photo of my parish creche because I can't figure out how to get it on line -- in case you want to post it on this thread.  or not... your choice!

Prayers for everyone as we start the week!  (I'd send you a nap if I could....)

Well, my employer needed me to do some work today. Then by the time I got that done I was really melting down, and tried to sleep. I didn't get my nap though. My family then needed me to do chores for dinner prep. Then I couldn't go to bed right after dinner because I have to help clean up from it. I'm going to go do that now. I had to wait for my turn even, without falling asleep. Blaaaaaa :yawn:

Brian, come over here where I can reach you...

...a little closer...

OK good.

/me whispers

Missy made me do it.

To Jesus Through Mary

Props for the 1st 2 parts- going to bed and learning to wait... the song? Well that is special... What genera is that anyway? :P

Props for the 1st 2 parts- going to bed and learning to wait... the song? Well that is special... What genera is that anyway? :P

I am not precisely sure. I would say it's under the general class of electronic music. The subclass is likely something along the lines of "house" or "IDM." Perhaps "downtempo electronica." I'm not exactly sure how the subclasses work. There are too many.

I know I have said it before, and I'll say it again: me owning firearms is probably not the best idea in the world. That said, if I were to own only one firearm in all my days, I'd want it to be this one:

MatebaAutoRevolver6in.jpg

This is called the Mateba Unica 6, or Mateba Autorevolver. It's one odd-duck of a firearm. It fires from the bottom chamber of the revolver instead of the top. It also re-cocks itself with the recoil, like how a semi-automatic pistol does, but it's a revolver. Revolvers just don't work that way, but this one does. They were all hand-made in Italy and designed by a crazy guy who I would call a modern-day Leonardo daVinci, who makes crazy unusual firearms not for any particular reason, but just to see how crazy he can make them. It's like God making a platypus just because. :)

I know I have said it before, and I'll say it again: me owning firearms is probably not the best idea in the world. That said, if I were to own only one firearm in all my days, I'd want it to be this one:

MatebaAutoRevolver6in.jpg

This is called the Mateba Unica 6, or Mateba Autorevolver. It's one odd-duck of a firearm. It fires from the bottom chamber of the revolver instead of the top. It also re-cocks itself with the recoil, like how a semi-automatic pistol does, but it's a revolver. Revolvers just don't work that way, but this one does. They were all hand-made in Italy and designed by a crazy guy who I would call a modern-day Leonardo daVinci, who makes crazy unusual firearms not for any particular reason, but just to see how crazy he can make them. It's like God making a platypus just because. :)

While I'm all in favor of people being able to own firearms in the abstract, I don't want one near me... because I am too darned clutzy and 'reversed'  And than DANGED hollyberry isn't helping anything.

When I first saw the gun, the holly was hanging over it... making the trigger appear to be reversed.  My first thought when reading your text, ARFink, was that you wanted to point the gun at yourself.

Glad to know it is merely a misplaced holly berry.

BAD mistletoe8.png

Hehe, yes I know. This conversation brought to you by the Cathedral Young Adults group, who invited me to go to the shooting range with them. But I can't go, because it's bring-your-own-gun and I don't have one. Oh well.

Note to self- now that the laser no longer has hangup issues, make sure to close the door when it's running unattended while cutting acrylic. That stuff smells SO BAD.