An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random.

arfink

Well, Happy New Years! Let the party begin. I understand some people like things with bubbles around this time:

champagne_shutterstock_59842897.jpg

But I prefer mine mixed with OJ:

mimosa-original-290x290.jpg

That, Sir, is a Mimosa!  And a very fine Trinty knot!!!!

I'll be in and out over next few hours... still before 10 on this coast, but promised to spend 11 to 12 'praying in the new year' with a friend.... but we'll occasionally drop in to see how all are doing.

Wishing eveyrone a WONDERFUL, blessing-filled new year.  2012 has been an interesting year on so many fronts... a lot of hard times for a lot of people... but some glorious, wonderful ones as well. 

Definititely time to be grateful... and hopeful.....

Brilliant minds.  Praying for all who have had a rough year - Phatmass certainly has had a few! -- and for all those who have had a wonderful year, too.... If you haven't seen a GOOD year looks like, check out the threads that CatherineM has written about Zach during 2012 in Open Mic.   From his mom dying on Christmas 2011 to Catherine and Austin ADOPTING him earlier this week (last week of 2012).   And an honest-to-God evict ALL the evil spirits blessing of the apartment in the middle.... was a wild ride!

THAT's what a good new year looks like....  let's pray up one for all.... 

What are we going to do during 2013? 

TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!

Edited by AnneLine

NO movie.... ^^^  Maybe we are watching a special on... holly bushes?   NO!!!!!  NARF!!!!   :beg:  :popcorn2:

^^^ Thank you.  It was especially cute because a couple of times the Brain peeked out seductively from a fig leaf of holly.   Especially endearing...

When my husband Mike was recovering in the hospital from his cancer surgery (about 15 years ago now....) I was alone on Christmas and turned on the TV for some company... and turned the Animaniacs on with no idea I would find THIS.   

It is my FAVORITE Christmas clip.... and not too late to give for Christmas. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgpNXpS35kc

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year, ARFink and all!

I'm so glad the holidays are ending, in a certain sense. I'm sick of the huge supply of junk food, the constant stream of guests and noise, the overindulgence in everything, the competing, and raised expectations. I feel like I can't escape it. All my pet temptations are stronger than ever in this environment. Every occasion of sin is thrown in my path in the name of holiday cheer. I just want to escape from it all. Put me in my cool room with a glass of water and a pad of paper to draw on, and let me be.

http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pnp_rgmi5o504pOysQ-GSgK2zYXqiAQkGzIbyIslsgT9XkYw16fubhCVlqx3qAwT5P7-1py8GTKv8e2A658UZB9lx8r-6DvE34v5Hewde54XJ0xlPhg0qv7wZ9C1bZxqvgqUyEs7AqCo

^^ What is this I don't even?

Yup. I don't know what this is either... and I am not sure it was even from Country Steve. Makes me.... nervous.

I'm so glad the holidays are ending, in a certain sense. I'm sick of the huge supply of junk food, the constant stream of guests and noise, the overindulgence in everything, the competing, and raised expectations. I feel like I can't escape it. All my pet temptations are stronger than ever in this environment. Every occasion of sin is thrown in my path in the name of holiday cheer. I just want to escape from it all. Put me in my cool room with a glass of water and a pad of paper to draw on, and let me be.

Yeah, the 'holidays' can be super-overwealming, and almost everyone has a let-down from all the crazy expectations, running around, over food and drink, too many people, too many screwed up schedules.  Yup.   Something to be said for just spending some time just being quiet with the One whose birthday we are celebrating... remembering the reception HE got and adding our own quiet reception to the mix.... a little 1:1 with the One who is/should be at the center of the Season...  My 2 cents...

I need to stop having Coke within 6 hours of bedtime. Last night was horrible. O_o

Oh my, yes, sounds like a good new year's resolution.   Maybe also watch out for bad companions.... the kind of people who hang out drinking cokes with you are DEFINITELY to be watched....  ;)

Oh my, yes, sounds like a good new year's resolution.   Maybe also watch out for bad companions.... the kind of people who hang out drinking cokes with you are DEFINITELY to be watched....  ;)

Yeah.