An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random.

arfink

Does the Advent Rabbit perhaps bring Santa all the toys?   Maybe that Easter Bunny is the extrovert, while the Advent Rabbit just does good deeds without any special fanfare or fuss?.... sounds like it could be a comic strip to me... the ORIGINAL secret santa......... but then wadda I know....

I've been thinking of the stuff you gave me to work on AnneLine. I think in this time the Lord isn't coming like a King rallying his troops for a first foray, but a King picking up what's left of an army. He's lost so many of his children, his soldiers, his loves. He himself is already wounded. And still He leads on, to try once more, to claim the victory.

I've been thinking of the stuff you gave me to work on AnneLine. I think in this time the Lord isn't coming like a King rallying his troops for a first foray, but a King picking up what's left of an army. He's lost so many of his children, his soldiers, his loves. He himself is already wounded. And still He leads on, to try once more, to claim the victory.

Very powerful, bro.... and very apt for this year, this day..... thank you....

I got a new outfit. :)

2012-12-16-115547.jpg

Nice dress uniform, too..... ;)

Edited by AnneLine

Mondays are from hell. They really are. I'm gonna be in meetings all day at this rate. I want a nap. M, G, G, S, and F here in this meeting with me are putting me to sleep but I can't do it now. GAH

Edited by arfink

Well, I survived the day, Deo Gratias. Today's features included:

-a total of 5 hours (!) on the phone

-salad, and then later pizza

-more painting

-more drawing

-running to the post office and waiting in line

-chatting with some of the coolest people on the planet

-being tired

I think I'm done for today.

But before I crash, here is a picture I started making, but haven't finished yet:

2012-12-17-184035.jpg

Well, I'll try. Lots of work to be done today too, but it's my own work. Hopefully I can cut through the distractions and get moving.

Today I tried engraving something new: paper. Now, to be fair, this isn't ordinary paper. It's 140lb cold press watercolor paper, which is about as thick and stiff as you could reasonably ask for. :)

IMG_3426.JPG

IMG_3424.JPG

She turned out real nice.

'Impressive' in more ways than one, ARFINK!!!!!!  She is lovely....

Is the gold color a choice, or is it what you get when you 'impress' paper on a laser?

Edited by AnneLine

That's how the paper reacts to the heat of the beam. It gets brownish gold.

I tinted it with my watercolors. It was tricky to get it even this good. Not my favorite. The engraving kinda messes up the absorbency of the paper.

IMG_3427.JPG