An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random.

arfink

I like the snow! Except when it is in my boots. Here we are as of 9:00 PM
Munchausen%2520022.JPG
and another:
Munchausen%2520019.JPG
And yes, that is a little tiny bush with Christmas lights that is covered completely by the snow. In the backyard right now we have 14 inches. And it is supposed to keep snowing until midnight. Unfortunately, I will still have to go to school because it would only close if we got about two more feet and they didn't have time to plow it. So, I am upset, because my quiz is not cancelled. :whine:

It was 75 degrees here yesterday. :|

That looks so beautiful... but C O L D.  

Munchausen%2520019.JPG

It also looks like you have a flourescent orange moose buried in there.... or ARFink's logo....

photo-13544.jpg?_r=1336592393

ARFink, is that your LOGO out there in the snow?  Why did you leave it outside in the driveway for someone to fall over? 

If you won't take good care of your toys, we will take them away and make you do some math instead.... :brutebeast:

Edited by AnneLine

So yesterday I got an unexpected package. A padded yellow envelope from Amazon... what could it be? I didn't order anything. Then I remembered some friends and I had been doing a Secret Santa on G+ and I got excited.

Opened it up. Brand new paint brushes! A whole set! Fine point and wide and angled and everything! I can't wait to try 'em out. Now I need some paints.

Are you into acrylics or oils, Taco Chef, or is that a palate of catsup, mustard, coffee, peanut butter and jelly, guacamole and blueberries?

I like watercolor, it suits me and my impressionistic leanings well. Never done anything with acrylic or oil before. Might be fun to try though.

If you like watercolor, you'd probably like acrylics.  They behave more like oils but clean up like water and no smell...

Oils are a totally different thing... .and you have to deal with the turpentine, etc. for cleanup.

I took a summer class for an art credit one year and really learned to like acrylics...

However, if you have small rock-tossers in the house, some of the acrylics are non-consumables, (i.e., poison) so you'd have to be able to lock them up.....

There was a guy who had these great PBS programs on painting with Acrylics.... he was astonishing!!!!!

http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/Horizons/2012/1029/Remembering-Bob-Ross-the-host-of-The-Joy-of-Painting

And this is interesting....

http://silviahartmann.com/art-bob-ross-tv-joy-of-painting.php

Hmmmm.....  cleaning up gives people interesting ideas sometimes....

And speaking of cleaning up -- kitchen floor could be eaten off!   Most of what had to leave kitchen for that is back.... and as it is returning it is getting sorted.  (In case anyone has been wondering.... I've seen allusions to

pigpen-1.jpg

being bandied on other threads.... the problem really is more just clean stuff that is totally disorganized.  Didn't realize until 2 days ago that I have about 3 BASKETS of clean clothes waiting to be ironed.  I have a feeling that cold bug fried more than a few brain cells....  totally forgot that they were there!   And another 2 BASKETS of stuff that needs mending and/or is partly made on the sewing machine.   Put those over there to work on this winter... and have been happily PM-ing instead.

Me thinks I will have to set myself more of a schedule than I like to stay a bit more focused.  Where is that Flylady timeer again?  Probably buried in clean clothes.  She talks about Mt. Washmore  -- have that one under control... ... now I need to get over the Iron Mountain... and the Peaks of Thimble.....

Friend due at 7pm... lots of time to get this done!   YEESSSSS!

Edited by AnneLine

So tomorrow I will be doing more drawings, probably in some kind of g+ hangout. Anyone interested in coming to watch, let me know. I'll see what I can do to make things fun. :)

I will watch you draw in g+ !

And if you need any ideas for a draw today, I would remind you that it is Our Lady of Guadalupe today. So, maybe something with blue and or stars. Just a thought!

:P

Screenshot%2520from%25202012-12-12%25201

Most people know that Google's image tools include the ability to recognize and "tag" faces. Google's facial recognition algorithms "see" a face here. I think I'm doing it right.