An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random.

arfink

You can tell you have had too much holidays when THIS happens:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AnMlQNw1M8

"Custom photo frame maker Alphabet Photography has scored one of the first big viral marketing wins of this holiday season by releasing the creative video above a couple of weeks ago. In it, they play the popular Christmas tune Carol of the Bells using various objects inside the warehouse in which the company’s photo frames are made."

"This video was shot in our warehouse, using sounds from the machinery that we use daily, assembling our Alphabet Photography custom framed orders. This was rehearsed more than 125 times, with more than 720 man-hours going into the performance and recording of the video."

Full article about it here:  http://www.petapixel.com/2012/12/07/carol-of-the-bells-played-using-sounds-from-inside-a-photo-frame-factory/

Come up with something interesting with YOUR machinery, ARFink!!!!  Christmas isn't over till Epiphany!!!!

Yowie.  I cut & pasted and didn't digest the numbers....

Yes it was a fascinating video... but they did look like it didn't happen over night.....

You don't have to spend that much time onthe video for us, ARFink.... ;)

Edited by AnneLine

I tried to calculate my budget for 2013. It's looking pretty bad folks. They hiked SS and Meidcare taxes by an additional 2%. I still won't make enough to pay any income taxes (thank goodness!) but that extra 2% is really gonna hurt me. After paying on student loans (and that's just the minimum payment folks, not even a cent extra) my bills, expenses, and what I estimate for my taxes, I will have about $80 a month left. Oh joy.

It's OK....

We are air ferns, ARFink. 

We don't eat food, live in houses, travel in vehicles... we just breathe.  We'll be fine....

But soon... there'll be a tax on that too.....

I just discovered my old friend Andrew Ratelle has been writing for Distributist Review and Gilbert and Art of Manliness. Very cool. Looking forward to talking to him this Saturday. :)

Meetings all day today. And a laundry list of insanity has been sent to me. I am keeping all this on the clock, so I can out of pocket them the minute I hit 20 hours. Insanity, pure and simple. He can't even tell me all of what is needed. Every time I ask, this guy just twists and turns and won't answer my questions. I bet he can't even tell me. I'm worried I'm gonna have to just make this up.

Ok, sounds like a good plan AnneLine.

Well, here's the thing. If I'm gonna work 8-10 hours today (and I will, with everything lumped in here) then I'm bloody well going to take breaks here and there. No sense in pounding those 20 hours out too quickly now, is there?

I'm also resigned to the fact that my boss can not tell me what he wants, even when asked point blank. Which, in the interest of getting things done, I must assume means I get artistic license. He's gonna like what he gets, period.

I have 2 documents to be done tomorrow by noon as my top priority. Realistically, I want those two done by midnight tonight so I don't have to cancel my meeting in the morning. I have 10 more documents due by Sunday at midnight. Since that batch of 10 are all going to be consistently styled, I think I'm going to make one master style sheet and just apply it to all 10, and then edit them each individually after that point. That way I'll save some time, I hope.

OK, this is painful. Deadline tomorrow at noon, and I have waited for HOURS to get the two documents I am supposed to be styling. Nothing. Nothing at all!

OK, so a career counselor talking here... an unrealistic deadline is an unrealistic deadline.  Even if you are on some kind of a 'x number of hours per month' deal or a project situation.

Time to tell them that you'll be happy to do their job, but they have to get you the raw materials, i.e., something to start with.   Otherwise... you've blocked the time, you'll do the best you can, but they are going to have to take what they give you and pay you for it.

And you might be able to rearrange that morning meeting until after your deadline -- I'd check with the person(s) who are scheduled for the morning meeting if it was me....

OK, so a career counselor talking here... an unrealistic deadline is an unrealistic deadline.  Even if you are on some kind of a 'x number of hours per month' deal or a project situation.

Time to tell them that you'll be happy to do their job, but they have to get you the raw materials, i.e., something to start with.   Otherwise... you've blocked the time, you'll do the best you can, but they are going to have to take what they give you and pay you for it.

And you might be able to rearrange that morning meeting until after your deadline -- I'd check with the person(s) who are scheduled for the morning meeting if it was me....

Well, my boss knows now. My materials should be in hand shortly. I hope. I have been excused from the evening meeting. If I don't have my stuff in time then I am off the hook. This has been traced to a particular person who isn't putting things out in a timely fashion.

AnneLine: I surely hope I don't have to reschedule my meeting.

Edited by arfink