An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random Part Two!

arfink

^^^^^  Wow.  Just WOW!!!!

I knew you'd like it.

I believe what's happening here is the artist has painted in his birds with water, and is dabbing a bit of water soluble ink on, and letting it run in. It's flowing too quickly to be watercolor, although I suppose a similar effect could be done with a liquid watercolor.

Also, that paper's gotta be SOAKED. And he's probably using a resist as well.

Edited by arfink

My bet is that that is a black and white image of a Lady Gouldian Finch, ARFink....

tumblr_lvc245rEa81r5haijo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m3qghjRToG1rslzvxo1_400.gif

Edited by AnneLine

*The Sweater Incident*

So I had a very vivid dream last night. I was being pursued by a man in a green/black cardigan who kept loudly insisting that he knew who I was.
He kept shouting that he knew I had been part of "The Sweater Incident." He was harassing everyone I knew, including AnneLine, who I was with at the time. He called on the phone, and she answered it, and then turned to me and said "What kind of accusations is he making against you? I think you better talk to him."

Except I couldn't figure out what the heck this stupid Sweater Incident was, so I decided to go back home so that he would follow me. There was a rather uninteresting car driving scene, where neither of us drove very fast or did anything interesting, but it still felt intense somehow. When I got home I found my grandma attempting to tape up star-shaped balloons in the stairwell. She couldn't get them up where she wanted because she was too short and didn't want to lean over the edge because she would fall over. So I offered to help. They were strange balloons because they were latex star shaped balloons, which I thought even in my dream was exceedingly odd. Putting them up took a long time, because they stupid things kept popping, and even I was a little too short. But I finally did manage to get a string of them put up somehow.

Next on the party agenda (the Sweater man now completely forgotten) was to wash some t-shirts which had just been screen printed. Apparently each guest was supposed to wear one. They were all different colors and patterns, with little animals printed all over them. There was a glass of something sticky sitting on the table next to them, and I accidentally knocked it over and the shirts got all wet. Grandma just looked at me like "You're a dork," but said nothing. So I went downstairs to wash them, since I needed to do it anyway.

When I got down there I met a creature that looked like a polar bear with the face of a girl. It could talk, but also would make weird yelling sounds. And it also did the duckface at me. It was raging around breaking things and smashing up the walls. There was a lot of dust and debris everywhere. Soon the basement began to flood. See, apparently all that dust had clogged the drains in the basement, so the water had no place to go, nevermind where it was coming from in the first place. As the whole basement began to fill up with water the polar bear-girl turned to me crying. I said "What's wrong" and it/she said "My favorite polyester pillow is floating away."

Yep. Weird dreams, I tell ya.

uh... "I'm a counselor, Jim, not a Freudian analyst!" 

I have NO idea what to make of that dream, ARFink, except to tell you, "Fred Flintstone, that will keep happening if you eat brontosaurus burgers too late at night!"

fredflintstone2.jpg

On the other hand.... when I got dressed this morning, I didn't dress in what I put out the night before but... a black skirt and turtleneck and a green sweater. Which struck me odd as I did so as it is Lent, and I try to dress more-or-less liturgically. And I was putting it on just about the time you put that post up. Now THAT is pretty odd.....

4544649769_841e483f06_o.jpg

You also might want to check out the FLYLady thread if you have that much of a muss in the basement... and how did your subconscious know I was planning to tackle MY basement that is flooded with clutter?

Sheesh....

Edited by AnneLine

brianthephysicist

modular.jpg

Google has a new toy. I want one.

http://www.google.com/glass/start/how-it-feels/

Heck yes. That's awesome.

*The Sweater Incident*

So I had a very vivid dream last night. I was being pursued by a man in a green/black cardigan who kept loudly insisting that he knew who I was.
He kept shouting that he knew I had been part of "The Sweater Incident." He was harassing everyone I knew, including AnneLine, who I was with at the time. He called on the phone, and she answered it, and then turned to me and said "What kind of accusations is he making against you? I think you better talk to him."

Except I couldn't figure out what the heck this stupid Sweater Incident was, so I decided to go back home so that he would follow me. There was a rather uninteresting car driving scene, where neither of us drove very fast or did anything interesting, but it still felt intense somehow. When I got home I found my grandma attempting to tape up star-shaped balloons in the stairwell. She couldn't get them up where she wanted because she was too short and didn't want to lean over the edge because she would fall over. So I offered to help. They were strange balloons because they were latex star shaped balloons, which I thought even in my dream was exceedingly odd. Putting them up took a long time, because they stupid things kept popping, and even I was a little too short. But I finally did manage to get a string of them put up somehow.

Next on the party agenda (the Sweater man now completely forgotten) was to wash some t-shirts which had just been screen printed. Apparently each guest was supposed to wear one. They were all different colors and patterns, with little animals printed all over them. There was a glass of something sticky sitting on the table next to them, and I accidentally knocked it over and the shirts got all wet. Grandma just looked at me like "You're a dork," but said nothing. So I went downstairs to wash them, since I needed to do it anyway.

When I got down there I met a creature that looked like a polar bear with the face of a girl. It could talk, but also would make weird yelling sounds. And it also did the duckface at me. It was raging around breaking things and smashing up the walls. There was a lot of dust and debris everywhere. Soon the basement began to flood. See, apparently all that dust had clogged the drains in the basement, so the water had no place to go, nevermind where it was coming from in the first place. As the whole basement began to fill up with water the polar bear-girl turned to me crying. I said "What's wrong" and it/she said "My favorite polyester pillow is floating away."

Yep. Weird dreams, I tell ya.

35433155.jpg

Brian, ARFink's friend, Heidi, will tell you you misspelled 'wat'... but it's good to see you back!  I'd almost decided you'd left straight for that conclave!   (Pope Pinky Pie, indeed!) 

Brian, ARFink's friend, Heidi, will tell you you misspelled 'wat'... but it's good to see you back!  I'd almost decided you'd left straight for that conclave!   (Pope Pinky Pie, indeed!) 

picard-facepalm.jpg

I'm totally going to blackmail you with this for months. 

Blackmail ME???   I didn't post Captain Picard...... I knew he'd been to see you, yes, but then he was MIA... and I thought perhaps on route to Roma....

Yup, evil, I am evil.   :brutebeast:

I did some doodley doodles for the Team Orthodoxy guys today. Awesome made-up band names. :)

This is the best one IMO:

Go visit to see the rest of the set: http://orthodoxcatholicism.com/2013/02/26/top-ten-tuesdays-imaginary-band-names/