An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random Part Two!

arfink

Those things are incredible, ARFink!     Now if I just didn't get seasick :covereyes: watching them...  don't like heights very much....

I like the color scheme they choose. It is beautiful. 

I wish I knew how to describe how it smelled in there. I might have called it delicious I think. Yes, I probably would call it that. Glorious.

I've been finding I have a very hard time keeping my personal projects and goals on track, especially as I work from home. Work time bleeds into personal time, which results in a whole lot of wasted time and not a whole lot of work or personal stuff getting done. The continual conflict between the two is pretty draining. So here are ideas I am going to implement on myself:

- Getting up earlier. One of the big issues I have is that living at home with the rest of the family means I am on their schedule for many things, including meals, chores, and the general noise and chaos a house of 10 people entails. However, the house is mostly empty between the hours of 7:30 AM and 3PM. I am currently getting up at 9:30 AM every day, and staying up until 1-2 AM. I plan to move wakeup time to 7:30 or 8 AM to take advantage of an extra hour of quiet, and moving bedtime up accordingly.

- Set a timer. I have found that certain tasks, such as keeping my workplace clean, work best if I simply set myself a 15 minute timer, do the task until the timer is done, and then walk away. Otherwise I look up 2 hours later to find a clean room but have done nothing on the important stuff. If I can make a dedicated effort to do 15 minutes a day my space will be just as nice as doing a marathon cleanup once a month.

- Plan the day. I need a daily horarium I think. It would be helpful anyway. :)

- Radio Silence. I have found from previous experiments that working on the computer without an internet connection can actually be extremely beneficial to me. The stuff I can accomplish in 2 hours without any internet rivals what I could do in an 8 hour period in which I can freely have access to this place. Gee, wonder why. :P

However, given how dependent I am on the internet, i think I'll plan on having a few hours of each day be internet-free rather than doing whole days at a time, and see how that helps.

Gotta keep whacking this into my head.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5KvAPq9Rphc[/media]

The song of the day. Very dancy. I love The Chemical Brothers, such a fun sound.

I wish I knew how to describe how it smelled in there. I might have called it delicious I think. Yes, I probably would call it that. Glorious.

There's what I imagine is a similar place semi-close to me, Tony.

www.longwoodgardens.org

It's a tradition for my parents and I to go during their Christmas displays. We go almost every year. This past year, I took Brian for the first time.

There are indoor and outdoor components. The indoor conservatory smells like what I imagine it'll smell like in heaven. And it's warm and balmy in there ... paradise.

I have pics, but it looks like they're not on my Facebook. Check out theirs instead if you want:

http://www.facebook.com/LongwoodGardens

Very beautiful 'fowers', ARFink and Missy!

And I really liked the artwork - and how respectful you were of possibly upsetting someone.  Nicely done. 

Time for laser maintenance today. It needs to have the vent duct cleaned, and the stains and varnish built up on the bed needs to be cleaned off. Vacuum out any crumbs left in there too. Wash the window in the lid. Spray some silicone lube on the rails. And the coolant sump needs to be drained and refilled with clean water, I can only imagine it's getting a little gross. Gross coolant may work just fine to cool the laser, but it's gross. I want this thing to be shiny. :)

Time for laser maintenance today. It needs to have the vent duct cleaned, and the stains and varnish built up on the bed needs to be cleaned off. Vacuum out any crumbs left in there too. Wash the window in the lid. Spray some silicone lube on the rails. And the coolant sump needs to be drained and refilled with clean water, I can only imagine it's getting a little gross. Gross coolant may work just fine to cool the laser, but it's gross. I want this thing to be shiny. :)

rMhIV9b.gif

responsibility12(alternate).png