An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random Part Two!

arfink

http://weaselsgonarf.blogspot.com/2013/04/daily-draw-one-that-got-messed-up.html

SCAN0034.JPG

This one has a little bit of an interesting story. I was showing a friend how to paint with watercolors, and just doing practice strokes and stuff on a blank paper, in straight green paint. When I got done I just had a jumble of rather random brush strokes. My friend asked me what I intended to do with it, now that I had wrecked the page, and I replied that the page wasn't wrecked and I could probably do something with it. So I turned it into a landscape afterwards. :)

I never got a chance to tell you about the epic thing that Brian took me to the day we got engaged. (I had actually texted Linda on the way back from the event, promising to tell her all about it, but uh, I forgot. Hahahahaha.)

This parish on Long Island held a Lenten experience for the last week and a half or so before Easter, I think it was called "Journey to the Cross."

Basically it walked you through all the events of Holy Week in a Stations of the Cross format. It started with journaling how you hoped to spend the last week of your own life, and ended with the Resurrection of Jesus. Each station had Scripture, questions for reflection, etc.

But here's the cool part: each station also had an activity that engaged at least one of your physical senses. So at the Last Supper station there were little pieces of bread and a bowl of water and a towel. It was all very meditative. Super cool. I'm going to blog about it in more detail probably today.

What I meant to tell you about, Fink, was the end. After you were all done and exited the area where the stations were, they had a guestbook for feedback and reflection. Across the way from that, there was a big, colorful sign on the wall that read "Draw your reflection." Hanging on the wall were all kinds of pictures people had done. A lot of them looked like children's drawings, but there were quite a few that were very detailed and beautiful, too.

They had pastels and crayons and watercolors and markers and even charcoal. Everything you could think of. All colors of construction paper, stamps, glitter, stickers, and a little lamp to work by.

Thought you'd have loved it. Maybe one day during Lent or Advent in the future, you can join us.

Edited by MissyP89

I never got a chance to tell you about the epic thing that Brian took me to the day we got engaged. (I had actually texted Linda on the way back from the event, promising to tell her all about it, but uh, I forgot. Hahahahaha.)

What I meant to tell you about, Fink, was the end. After you were all done and exited the area where the stations were, they had a guestbook for feedback and reflection. Across the way from that, there was a big, colorful sign on the wall that read "Draw your reflection." Hanging on the wall were all kinds of pictures people had done. A lot of them looked like children's drawings, but there were quite a few that were very detailed and beautiful, too.

They had pastels and crayons and watercolors and markers and even charcoal. Everything you could think of. All colors of construction paper, stamps, glitter, stickers, and a little lamp to work by.

Thought you'd have loved it. Maybe one day during Lent or Advent in the future, you can join us.

That sounds soooooo cooooool! I would love to do that with you guys some day. :)

Ohhhh... me too me too!!!   Maybe we could do it virtually for some of the Church seasons.... draw stuff and post it in a thread.. add some poems, short stories, reflections of different kinds... videos... just kind of randome stuff and have it as a thread.

Being there is better... but lots of ways of be-ing......

brianthephysicist

Hey everybody! I'm having a quick art sale here:

https://plus.google.com/105078442860410937744/posts/3SDpAe1Vyhc

Check 'em out. :) Cheap original watercolor paintings.

I haven't been around these parts for far too long.  

These are some amesome paintings.  Really amazing stuff dude.  What if I want to buy one but I don't have paypal? Can I use my credit card?

I haven't been around these parts for far too long.  

These are some amesome paintings.  Really amazing stuff dude.  What if I want to buy one but I don't have paypal? Can I use my credit card?

You can, Paypal can accept credit card. Another alternative is to just pay me any other way you have handy, since I know you. :)

That is just beautiful.  Is it one layer on heavy stock, or is there more than one layer?  Hard to tell from the photo.  (Beautifully composed photo, btw...)