An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random Part Two!

arfink

So I had a horrifying dream last night about Phatmass.

dUSt had been going crazy or something. The private messaging system had been disabled. All threads had been disabled. All the sub-forums had been locked and disabled so that nobody could even read the titles of posts. Instead, the front page had been changed to a grid which contained everyone's avatars, and the only communications which could take place were through profile comments. Only the most active profile comment streams would show up on the front page, so if you wanted to talk to people you had to make sure your face stayed on the front page or you would get locked out of phatmass forever.

Also, Hasan changed his profile pic to Dr. Robotnik.

Doctor_Robotnik_by_jollyjack.jpg

O_o

So I did this today:

egret.png

http://weaselsgonarf.blogspot.com/2013/04/daily-draw-egret.html

2013-04-16+17.09.53.jpg

http://weaselsgonarf.blogspot.com/2013/04/engraved-pc-case-w-egret.html

yes!!!!!    SUCH A PRETTY, SHINY COMPUTER.  COME HOME TO MOMMY BABY!!!!!!

This is very cool. I've got to say you are very talented. :)

yes he is!!!!

I was guessing that it was AnneLine's computer, the egret gave it away!

Really?

It's her totem animal. :evil: :hehe:

Hmmmmmm....

Or maybe her familiar? :evil:

NOW THAT IS CROSSING THE LINE!!!!

Sorry I didn't get a chance to respond until now, everyone.  I've not been ignoring you all -- just swamped.   Because my baby computer (we've dubbed it Lazarus) died last week -- while ARFink has been giving it the 'raise it up to new life' treament and a pretty new tatoo -- I've been having to redo a bunch of stuff needed for a meeting this Friday... and a houseguest.

I'm up to my GILLS in stuff to do and not enough hours in the day.

I cannot WAIT to get my baby back... please send him home......

Really not ignoring anyone.    Really.    And praying for you all even if my flying fingers aren't dancing along the Pages of Phatmass.....

And now... back to work.  Sigh....

Familiar, indeed!  REALLY!

So, I figure this is a reasonable place to put this.

Things are progressing exactly as I feared. Not only is my "backup" job basically not going to happen, my other employer has informed me on Saturday that I won't be receiving a retainer any more, and that I should expect only to receive occasional piece work, to be contracted in each circumstance.

In other words, I am out of a job. :(

The Egret and his machine have returned to Mr. & Mrs. Anne Line.

That Beautiful Bird is even more lovely in person. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very frustrating on the job front... but perhaps God is simply preparing the way for something new.  Sounds kind of polly-anna-ish, I realize, but I've seen God do some very interesting things when everything looks lost. 

There is a long history of people literally having to give up everything to see what God has in His basket... but it is a scary, scary place.

Praying VERY hard for you, my dear friend.... and getting a bunch of others to do so as well.

The Egret and his machine have returned to Mr. & Mrs. Anne Line.

That Beautiful Bird is even more lovely in person. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very frustrating on the job front... but perhaps God is simply preparing the way for something new.  Sounds kind of polly-anna-ish, I realize, but I've seen God do some very interesting things when everything looks lost. 

There is a long history of people literally having to give up everything to see what God has in His basket... but it is a scary, scary place.

Praying VERY hard for you, my dear friend.... and getting a bunch of others to do so as well.

Yeah, quite a good bit of loss and rejection for me lately. But I think I can take it a few minutes at a time, here and there. At least I won't have to go to those idiotic Monday meetings.

To Jesus Through Mary

I am sorry to hear about your job losses. That really sucks. In a way it is kind of good as that 2nd employer just wasn't paying you what you were worth or the time you were putting in. I will be praying for you to find a stable job that you find fulfilling.