An Old School Catholic Message Board

Arfink Gets Random Part Two!

arfink

brianthephysicist

So, I figure this is a reasonable place to put this.

Things are progressing exactly as I feared. Not only is my "backup" job basically not going to happen, my other employer has informed me on Saturday that I won't be receiving a retainer any more, and that I should expect only to receive occasional piece work, to be contracted in each circumstance.

In other words, I am out of a job. :(

Yeah, quite a good bit of loss and rejection for me lately. But I think I can take it a few minutes at a time, here and there. At least I won't have to go to those idiotic Monday meetings.

So sorry to hear about that, man. Thank God for those little silver linings, though.  But honestly, if this was the job I think it was, it wasn't right for him to treat you like that, consistently not paying you for all of the hours you work.  Plus, while you're on down time from looking for a new job, it gives you plenty of time to work on new ideas for items in your online store.  Heck, as Missy pointed out, you could go into the custom invitation business and undercut everyone to make a pretty penny lol.

I've got you in my prayers, bro.

2013-04-23_07.08.00.jpg

I know, I know, it's "pretty." But I can't take much more snow! :(

YOu are right, ARFink.  It is pretty to 'visit' but I bet it is a bear to live with.  

And that photo is taken from a CAR... it can't be fun to drive in.   AND IT IS NEARLY MAY!!!!

I wonder if a BONFIRE might be a good inducement to make it to GO AWAY!!!!!    If it will stop raining, how about you plan a hot dog roast and marshmallow roast and a SING THE SNOW AWAY party or some such????

2013-04-23_07.08.00.jpg

I know, I know, it's "pretty." But I can't take much more snow! :(

And to think I was complaining yesterday because we got a light dusting of snow that melted immediately. I think I'd cry if we got that much snow.

^^ I might. But not just cuz of snow. I feel all burned out, tired, and immensely frustrated. Nothing really went real great today.

I'm sorry. :console:  It sucks when you have days like that, hopefully things start getting better soon. I'm still trying to get the hang of praying but I'll say one for you tonight.

:) Yup.

And I've also decided to try something that always cheers me up: making things.

So I made this 4W0DR6k.png

And right now I am burning the design into some very thin wood veneer with a powerful laser.