An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 3: More Rants And Revelations

MissyP89

brianthephysicist

The people on the Knot forums are a bunch of snotty witches.

Thankful for my chill fiance, levelheaded family/in-laws and easygoing friends. :)

You can say that again lol

Found out that Y won't be going to conference with us this year.  His student visa for America is still valid and he obtained a visa to go to Canada, but apparently because of the Boston bombing stuff, US border control has the option to refuse him re-entering the US unless he is coming from his country of origin. The decision is left 100% to the border patrol officer.  Y spoke with people from the embassy and they told him there's absolutely no guarantee of him getting back without first going back to China.  Understandably Y didn't want to risk it, so he won't be going with us this year :(

So it turns out I got my dates all confused.  P (our former post-doc) is coming to visit tomorrow.  I'm excited.

I'm really really tired.  I'm still gonna be around when you get back, but I'm gonna have to go to bed by 12.

From the Not Always Right site, I thought you could appreciate it, being in newspapers:

(We sell daily and weekly newspapers. The weekly papers come out on a Thursday. It is a Wednesday morning, and I am putting the daily papers out.)

Customer: “Has tomorrow’s [weekly paper] come in today?”

Me: “Tomorrow’s [weekly paper]?”

Customer: “Yes, I want tomorrow’s [weekly paper]. Have they come in today?”

Me: “No, tomorrow’s [weekly paper] comes in tomorrow.”

Customer: “Are you sure? I was hoping to get tomorrow’s paper today. Do you need to check?”

Me: “Yeah, I’m pretty sure tomorrow’s [weekly paper] comes in tomorrow, seeing as they probably haven’t even started printing them yet.”

Customer: “Well, there’s no need to be like that.”

My babies from Newman graduate today. I am so proud of them. When I came in as a junior transfer, we all banded together and kept those bonds strong when I left. Now here we are 4 years later. We did good.

Please pray for them. One is joining the Jesuit Volunteers for a year, and the other is commissioned for the U.S. Air Force. So amazing.

Will do!  I know a woman who was volunteering with the Jesuit Volunteers before trying to enter religious life.  She's engaged now to a guy she met while volunteering.

Tossed and turned last night yet again and woke up drenched, but feeling a lot better today. Not 100 percent, but getting there.

Looking forward to Mass with C. I hope I end up with the lovely little peace blanket God's been draping over me recently ... my exhausted body could really use it today.

brianthephysicist

Got invited to my cousin's graduation on Monday.  I'll miss out on a review session but I think it's worth it.  Should be fun.  Now I just gotta figure out how to get there lol.

One year ago liturgically was this day:

533152_10150805362101594_778532506_n.jpg

Such an amazing experience to share Mass with my phamily in the flesh! Nevermind that it was at a crazy legit cathedral with all the trimmings and that Brian got hit so hard with the Holy Spirit I thought he was going to fall out of the pew... ;)

I want to go back to Pittsburgh sometime soon. I made memories that weekend I'll carry with me always. But at least this year I have Charlotte to look forward to! :bounce:

In Papist's Pentecost thread I said I doubted I'd ever have a better Pentecost. But then it occurred to me that our fake wedding date is currently set for the Vigil of Pentecost. In that case I might have to take that back. :hehe:

It may be 2 a.m., but I still put my three things on the list. I'll be so glad when I hit 100 and I won't have to be so OCD about it. Tomorrow, maybe.

Now I'm eating ice cream and am going to go read until I get sleepy enough for bed.

I have to assign everything to pages tomorrow, oversee design Tuesday, then proofread and finalize on Wednesday. Then we send Thursday. Then I get happy. Real happy.

I got this.

Edited by MissyP89

Ahahaha I just made myself look like the biggest idiot.

I went into J's office spazzing because I couldn't find the ad sheets online ... and I was looking for June 26 and not May 29. Now I feel silly. Monday...

Budgeting now.

Well, that was frustrating. Came up short and had to scramble for stuff...but I got it done.

missionseeker

I was working out/training. Get your mind out of the gutter. 

Edited by missionseeker