An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 3: More Rants And Revelations

MissyP89

xTrishaxLynnx

Oh hey, Trisha, I meant to ask you ... if I wanted to explore Florence and the Machine, where would I start? I heard "Shake It Off" tonight, never realizing that was their song, and decided I wanted to hear more. :bounce:

"Shake It Off" is currently my favorite from Flo, so I'd say that was a great place to start! From there, I would go with "The Dog Days are Over," if you haven't already heard that. It's a pretty well-known track and is played on the radio fairly often. Then there are "Cosmic Love" and "All This and Heaven, Too" which are a little more chill.

You'll also probably want to check out "Spectrum." Warning, though - this one gets stuck in my head for days at a time.

Edited by xTrishaxLynnx

FutureCarmeliteClaire

Did Michelle Chamuel make you cry? When he pulled out that mirror I feel like every woman in America had emotions. LOLOLOL.

She and Judith owned the night.

I cry every time Michele Chamuel sings. I cried at "Raise Your Glass". LOL! But yes. When she told Usher that it was going to be about her singing it to someone else, and then the mirror business...

Who really made me cry last night was Sarah Simmons. When they said she was singing that song I literally said, "Really? Really?" then the waterworks... Ahahaha...

Michele and Sarah are my favorites in the whole competition...

brianthephysicist

Got another email from him.  He thought some more and he doesn't like my plan to fix things.  He's taking some of this out of my hands.  S'all okay still, but at this point I'm going to expect a chat with the graduate program director.

Got another email from him.  He thought some more and he doesn't like my plan to fix things.  He's taking some of this out of my hands.  S'all okay still, but at this point I'm going to expect a chat with the graduate program director.

@#$%. D':

brianthephysicist

@#$%. D':

It's okay, really.  I'll get in trouble, but I won't get kicked out.  I can live with the worst that they can throw at me.

missionseeker

Oh hey, Trisha, I meant to ask you ... if I wanted to explore Florence and the Machine, where would I start? I heard "Shake It Off" tonight, never realizing that was their song, and decided I wanted to hear more. :bounce:

Anywhere lol

Tell him he is right and you will do better. Ask for suggestions.  That will disarm him.

Stay razzle dazzle.

I love my job because it gives me a mission every day and gets my mind off the million little worries that follow me.

There are weird spots to most of my days lately, but I can usually come to the end of it thinking overall it was pretty good. It's still not what I want -- I very much miss genuinely happy, peaceful days and pray I can get back there soon -- but for now, it's okay.

I just gotta keep moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WKzIqjqhbk

THE NEW STRAIGHT NO CHASER ALBUM IS OUT TODAY!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

I'ma listen to it tomorrow while I work. I LOVE new music.