An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 3: More Rants And Revelations

MissyP89

brianthephysicist

Is that monstrance holding the Blessed Sacrament?

Yes.

There was a youth conference for my diocese this past Saturday.  It was an all day event with speakers, food, music, Mass, and even a Holy Hour.  Throughout the day, the kids were told that if they wanted to, they were free to step out and visit one of the many priests available for confession or to spend some time with Jesus in this small chapel they put together.  

Yes.

There was a youth conference for my diocese this past Saturday.  It was an all day event with speakers, food, music, Mass, and even a Holy Hour.  Throughout the day, the kids were told that if they wanted to, they were free to step out and visit one of the many priests available for confession or to spend some time with Jesus in this small chapel they put together.  

Doesn't seem appropriate. Hard to see the monstrance in all that fluff. Very distracting, but hey....I'm no youth.

I prefer simplicity. 

E8NWq67.png

brianthephysicist

I liked it more in person, the camera picks the lights up a little odd.  I thought of it as a small way of lifting Him up and surrounding Him with beauty to help inspire awe and reverence, kind of like how cathedrals are built to lift our eyes to the mysteries of Heaven.  

But hey, everyone's got their own style and there's nothing wrong with that.

PhuturePriest

I might not be the only one, but I've always wanted to live in a church. It would be so easy to sleep there.

In other news, look at what I made! :bounce: Not the best shot as I took it with my phone. It's a lot brighter in person.

Let us all take a moment to consider how well lavender and yellow look together, shall we?

JOZCADY.jpg

Edited by MissyP89

PhuturePriest

In other news, look at what I made! :bounce: Not the best shot as I took it with my phone. It's a lot brighter in person.

Let us all take a moment to consider how well lavender and yellow look together, shall we?

JOZCADY.jpg

Hey! I was speaking. Listen to what I have to say with awe and wonder, dang it.

That incredible moment where you hear a song for the first time in a long time, and finally you understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lrKf_JKXQ4

Also, 15 minutes til SUNSHINE!!!!!!!

Edited by MissyP89

brianthephysicist

I might not be the only one, but I've always wanted to live in a church. It would be so easy to sleep there.

Definitely not the only one.

In this same vein, today, J gave me a card about how the diocese is opening up the old seminary as a place for young (22-30) unmarried Catholic adults to live in a lay community at the seminary.  Daily opportunities for Mass, adoration, and group prayer.  There's some reasons why I think it'd be an excellent idea, but also some reasons why I think I'd be stupid to do it.  They're opening their doors in August, so I've got pleeeeeenty of time to consider before I need to act.

JOZCADY.jpg

:bounce: 

Dear Brian,

yst6k6d.jpg

Soon.

Almost.  Alright brain, I know you hate it when I do this to you, but let's just do this and I can go back to filling you with deep thoughts about Jesus.

That incredible moment where you hear a song for the first time in a long time, and finally you understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lrKf_JKXQ4

Also, 15 minutes til SUNSHINE!!!!!!!

:love: :love: :love:

Almost.  Alright brain, I know you hate it when I do this to you, but let's just do this and I can go back to filling you with deep thoughts about Jesus while drinking beer.

Perfect.

brianthephysicist

Perfect.

Lol

Also, forgot to mention the reason I came here in the first place.  I'm still at the office, working on stat mech with S.  His schedule and mine don't line up at all tomorrow, so we're trying to knock it out tonight.

missionseeker

Today I had an interesting phone call from my sister. 

ME: Hello

C: Cat, Dominic doesn't believe me that we met an African princess before

M: Dom we met an African princess, for real.  

Dom: Really? 

M: Yes, really. I can't remember where it was though. 

C: It was at that retreat in Dothan

M:  right, do you remember her name? 

C: no I was gonna ask you

M: yeah, I don't remember it either. 

David: Mom, are they really telling the truth? 

Mom: yes, Dave

M: Dave, I'm so offended at the lack of trust being displayed here

Dave: So you really met a princess? 

M: yes. 
Silence.

C: you should Dominic's face right now, Cat

M: I wish I could but I have to get back to work now.

Idk if they believe us or not, but it's a true story. There was some icebreaker and the question was what does your dad or something. And she was like "Um, well, actually, my father is the crown prince of" ... i can't remember but it was some place in Africa. I think they must be reading a book about Africa or something.