An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 3: More Rants And Revelations

MissyP89

:yawn: Long night, but I finally got some good sleep this morning and am feeling decent. Chillin' in my pajamas for an hour while I work on the list, then spending the rest of the day relaxing. Just relaxing. And nothing else. *happy sigh*

GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Claire, you're so deranged, but that's probably one of the funniest things I've seen all week. Thanks, honey. :hehe:

FutureCarmeliteClaire

I think that rib was holding my last bit of sanity left, and then, when they took it out...

I can't stand how much sex there is on TV. >_<

I can't recall. The last time I watched TV was last August.

I can't recall. The last time I watched TV was last August.

You're not missing much -- even if I do have a soft spot for reality TV. LOL

Do you guys not have a TV at home, or just no cable?

I can't stand how much sex there is on TV. >_<

The commercials are the worst. Srsly! Have we really lost it that much that the hamburger ad is some chick half naked eating a burger as if she is having sex with it. 

Tonight's conversation:

M: "They were engaged on March 22..."

B: "No no, that's not active enough."

M: "What should I write?"

B: "They entered the state of engagement..."

M: "No that's awful!"

B: "They engaged?"

M: "No."

B: "They took up engagement?"

M: "UGH, NO. This is journalism, babe, not hearts and flowers."

B: "But I want it to imply that this was an ACTIVE DECISION between two people to commit to each other forever."

M: "Brian, this is one of those times you're being odd."

B: "You're probably right..."

How about, "They got friggin engaged already!!!!!"  ?

brianthephysicist

ZHwVcKB.jpg

Sorry it's such bad quality.

You're awesome, Claire. I'm still disappointed that I didn't get to meet your rib at the March, although I do understand your reasons for not bringing it.

She wanted to. Her mommy said no. Bahahaha.

If all goes according to plan, we will probably be meeting Claire's rib 3 months from this very moment.

I CAN'T WAIT. :| 

brianthephysicist

Tired of listening to tidbits of protty theology interspersed with the music, I found a Catholic internet radio station.  I'm really enjoying it.  So far, it's had a really decent mix of just about every style of Catholic music.  

It's got Gregorian chant, classical music, the contemporary stuff in our current hymnals, soft songs for Adoration (these are typically direct about mentioning the Eucharist), soft rock, rock, even a rock opera-esque song devoted to Mary (sounded similar to a cross between the Who & Judas Priest lol), rap (including Phatmass' Righteous B), folk, and whatever genre you want to call Popple (yes, I actually did hear a Popple song).  

It's so great because the songs are so incredibly Catholic.  The songs talk about our relationship with God, His Glory, the Eucharist, the example of the Saints, Mary, our daily struggles, etc.  And randomly they'll come in and say something troll level Catholic like "Today is Monday, take a moment to pray the Joyful mysteries of the Rosary, today."

It also reminds me of how 95.7 Ben FM just plays whatever the heck they want, not conforming to one style.  Anywho, if you wanted to listen, here it is: http://www.live365.com/stations/gleite

If you haven't figured it out, I'm really enjoying it so far.

I have some other stations I can hook you up with too, if you want. I tried Catholic radio for a while, but it was mostly all talk. That's good for contemplation, but in the middle of my workday it just doesn't motivate me like peppy music does. :woot:

Remind me to look those up when I go home. Glad you're enjoying it, anyway. :) I'll give it a listen.

p.s. I love Ben FM's format, too!

Edited by MissyP89