An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 3: More Rants And Revelations

MissyP89

missionseeker

Although with my luck, I'd put a new pic on FB and mr. sneak-dater would send me a text a few mins later being like "oh, I haven't heard from you in a while" 

Today is bright and sunny, and so is my mood. Excited to start planning the next issue and make more progress on the List, see my family tonight and get some good relax time in.

The snow leopard mommy down at the Cape May Zoo had more cubs today:

923224_10151568536404784_1491311147_n.jp

And there is new Matt Maher music out! He released a live album with some new tracks a few days ago, called "All the People Said Amen." I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm excited.

Lastly, stuck on this Rascal Flatts song today. It makes all the difference.

I will not be derailed.  :flex2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVgfHz_f4Os

Edited by MissyP89

brianthephysicist

Today is bright and sunny, and so is my mood. Excited to start planning the next issue and make more progress on the List, see my family tonight and get some good relax time in.

The snow leopard mommy down at the Cape May Zoo had more cubs today:

923224_10151568536404784_1491311147_n.jp

And there is new Matt Maher music out! He released a live album with some new tracks a few days ago, called "All the People Said Amen." I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm excited.

Lastly, stuck on this Rascal Flatts song today. It makes all the difference.

I will not be derailed.  :flex2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVgfHz_f4Os

935711_533881526663277_271944286_n.jpg

Out of props for both of these.

Kitties! lololol

Good song from Rascal Flats.  Not too much a fan of the twang in his voice but lyrics are certainly excellent.

I'm gonna head to an undergraduate poster session for a bit.  The undergraduates in our research group are presenting their work, as well as a few CCM'ers like Bubbles.  I want to show some support for the great work they've been doing.

brianthephysicist

Missy already knows this because she saw it on skype, but I got my passport in the mail today.  I look like a Colombian drug cartel leader.  No way that Canada's border control is ever gonna let me in.

Brian, that is hilarious... although I'd worry that you might have looked more like part of the Russian Mafia.  

Missy, how's the week going at the paper?  Any updates?  Are the presses ready to run?  (or the button ready to push?)

He looks like the Russian Mafia NOW. Those people aren't going to believe it's the same person. Hilarious.

All's well that ends well, Annie ... tomorrow (well, today) I get to trim and fix and polish and proof. She'll be ready to go around 10 tomorrow night. 

But first, I get to sleep for 9 hours. I like that.

You know, today could have been really lame, if I let it. But I didn't. And it was a really wonderful day -- one of the better ones in recent weeks, actually. 

Life is good, even when it's crazy.

OOOH.... I get it... the passport photo was BEFORE he, uh, took it all off for charity.   :evil:

Yes, he DOES look like Russian Mafia now.   Brian, be prepared for LONG discussions at border crossings....

We used to get 'em at the employment office.   Um um um.  Uh huh!  One of THOSE passport IDs....  Oh my....

Glad the week is going so well -- and attitude really does make a difference!   And prayers.... and you got those!

Paper will look beautiful after you have given it a full manicure and pedicure!   Will think good thoughts at 10pm your time!

Hope you are ASLEEP right now!!!!!!!

missionseeker

It's the ears that border agents look at. People change their noses, hair, eyes, etc. But rarely change their ears. 

Annnnnnd off to the races! Trim trim, snip snip.

Things my coworkers say, now that I'm the engaged girl in the newsroom: "Honey, don't do that to yourself. Marriage isn't a contract; it's a suicide pact." :lol:

I am offering up the fact that there are also Amish donuts in the newsroom today. Soon.

Oh, and I also have to do some financial wrestling tomorrow -- you guys can all pray for that.  :viking:  :sam: