An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 3: More Rants And Revelations

MissyP89

Tired of listening to tidbits of protty theology interspersed with the music, I found a Catholic internet radio station.  I'm really enjoying it.  So far, it's had a really decent mix of just about every style of Catholic music.  

It also reminds me of how 95.7 Ben FM just plays whatever the heck they want, not conforming to one style.  Anywho, if you wanted to listen, here it is: http://www.live365.com/stations/gleite

If you haven't figured it out, I'm really enjoying it so far.

Thanks, I'll have to give it a listen in the office sometime! :) 

brianthephysicist

YAYYYY!!!

J just had a MAJOR breakthrough.  

Okay, so immediately after D graduated, the experiment decided to break, so J slowly went through and every time he would fix something, he would have to spend a week re-aligning his optics only to discover that the fix for one part had caused an unexpected problem somewhere else.  He's been doing this since D graduated in July 2012.

Today, he got to try out his latest fix and everything worked.  Immediately.  No aligning.  No fiddling around.  He just stuck it in and it worked.  He just ran around the basement with the biggest grin on his face, showing everyone his data.  Now he has to sit quietly for a 1+ hour seminar.  Trololol.

brianthephysicist

Also, I think I'm actually going to pass Nuclear. I got a 28/32 on the 2nd exam.  Now I have 1 HW and 1 exam left, and possibly 1 or 2 quizzes.  Almost there.

There is, however, a bit more to question over my Stat Mech grade, where I've got guaranteed two more HW's and the final is 50% of the grade lololol.

YAYYYY!!!

J just had a MAJOR breakthrough.  

Oh, I am SO thrilled for him! Maybe he'll actually graduate before you! :yahoo:

Also, I think I'm actually going to pass Nuclear. I got a 28/32 on the 2nd exam.  Now I have 1 HW and 1 exam left, and possibly 1 or 2 quizzes.  Almost there.

This is good news. :like:

There is, however, a bit more to question over my Stat Mech grade, where I've got guaranteed two more HW's and the final is 50% of the grade lololol.

Just pass the final. Just pass the final. Just pass the final and you won't need to do this again...again. ;)

I believe in you.

Restless tonight.

I don't belong here anymore. There's a ministry for me. I have more important work to do outside of a newsroom. 

Patience, Melissa. Prudence.

:|

*sigh*

I feel what Don Bosco said so deeply -- "Da mihi animas caetera tolle!" 

Give me souls and take away the rest...

The future is going to be so beautiful. I just need to figure out how to appreciate today too. :)

Edited by MissyP89

brianthephysicist

Oh and sometime between this morning's rosary and getting to CCM for the group rosary, I lost my rosary beads.

Oh and we have a new E-board.  I'm really happy with it.  It was done prayerfully and seriously :D

Maybe if you didn't pray so many rosaries in one day you wouldn't lose your beads. Trolololol. :D

brianthephysicist

Maybe if you didn't pray so many rosaries in one day you wouldn't lose your beads. Trolololol. :D

Least I haven't lost my marbles yet ... wait, where do I keep them again?

PhuturePriest

Yeah, the marble problem is me. ;)

The marble problem is not having spoken to me on Google+ since February. Who wouldn't lose his marbles after not talking to me for so long?

brianthephysicist

The marble problem is not having spoken to me on Google+ since February. Who wouldn't lose his marbles after not talking to me for so long?

Who are you again?

Tonight's conversation:

M: "They were engaged on March 22..."

B: "No no, that's not active enough."

M: "What should I write?"

B: "They entered the state of engagement..."

M: "No that's awful!"

B: "They engaged?"

M: "No."

B: "They took up engagement?"

M: "UGH, NO. This is journalism, babe, not hearts and flowers."

B: "But I want it to imply that this was an ACTIVE DECISION between two people to commit to each other forever."

M: "Brian, this is one of those times you're being odd."

B: "You're probably right..."

"Engaged" is a pretty active word all on its own. Just sayin'...

How about, "They got friggin engaged already!!!!!"  ?

This might work....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jd1Ih8EUmw[/media]

PhuturePriest

Who are you again?

Oh no... It's been so long that Brian has forgotten who his favorite fetus in the whole world is!

brianthephysicist

This is a text I received a few minutes ago:

Dancing with Mary! Baby Shower & More! Everyone is welcome!!! 2-4 pm on Sat., May 4th at OHR - Auditorium of the School!!!

I'm 99% sure that "Mary" is the Blessed Mother.  I think I'm gonna skip this event ... :|

Also, I was able to check up on M after class today.  She's doing a little better today.  She had to meet with her advisor so she couldn't sit and chat, but she did tell me she talked to her mom again this morning.  Time will tell.