An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 3: More Rants And Revelations

MissyP89

What a lovely morning I had! I wish Phatmass had a sunshiny emoticon like Skype does.

Mom wasn't home when I got up, so I had a nice, quiet breakfast. When I got done running errands we got Burger King and then I went and read outside until it was time for work. The sun came out, too. So epic. 

I found this really useful article today about saving money. I was excited to see how much of this Brian and I already do. Between the both of us, almost the whole list is covered. http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/04/27/money-saving-tips/

Budgeting is almost fun for me. It's a challenge to see what kinds of razzle dazzle stuff I can do with just a little cash.

Also, B, you were wrong about the "no former students allowed" law; it wasn't about the student from Chemistry. I asked G and she sent me this link that explains. It's still really awful, but at least it's not SUNY. http://news.yahoo.com/york-high-schools-allow-former-students-visit-194400669.html

...Did you find this on FB or did you go to Centereach today??? :woot:

Will always be special to me now. :love:

brianthephysicist

This wasn't at Centereach, it was a pic from the youth conference they had this past weekend in Bohemia.  I didn't go, but a bunch of the other guys and gals ended up going.  J works closely with the person that set up the whole thing so I think she had an influence on this part.

Also, check your phone <3

Dude, that's so bizarre. The sign on the floor, the "peace," and the tiered altar are exactly like the one from that day. Maybe they just took the whole thing.

I'm glad you put it here. It makes me smile.

brianthephysicist

Dude, that's so bizarre. The sign on the floor, the "peace," and the tiered altar are exactly like the one from that day. Maybe they just took the whole thing.

I'm glad you put it here. It makes me smile.

Yea it pretty much is, except they replaced the tabernacle with a proper monstrance.

I hope for that for your chapel.

If you guys manage that I am dropping everything and moving there. I can be J's personal assistant and sleep in there. You can bring me food.

I'm only half kidding.

:|

It would be FLIPPIN' AMAZING, that's what it would be.

And we could take up Fr. D's offer and e-- nevermind. ;)

I need to find that "letters to give your friends a heart attack" thread that got started when we got together...

Edited by MissyP89

I found this really useful article today about saving money. I was excited to see how much of this Brian and I already do. Between the both of us, almost the whole list is covered. http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/04/27/money-saving-tips/

41 of them here.  Loved the shoutout to AL's FlyLady. 

#78, buying in bulk...every time I go home and I'm even starting to run low, I make use of the parents' Sam's Club membership for toilet paper, paper towels, meat (you can divide, wrap, and freeze), etc.  I save so much this way by buying in bulk every six or so months that it's utterly ridiculous.

Did I miss a Flylady link?    

I think one of the best frugal 'investments' for ME have been the historical crafts and living history series on Youtube and Daily Motion:

15th Century - Tales from the Green Valley (on Daily Motion)

19th Century - Victorian Farm (on both)

1st 1.5 decades of 20th C. - Edwardian Farm (on Daily Motion)

WWII years - War Time Farm (on both)

2 archeologists (Alex and Peter) and a social historian (Ruth) run the farms as they would have during the referenced periods, doing the tasks (farming & domestic) and wearing the clothes and eating the food of the periods.  And having a GOOD time!!!

Youtube keeps deleting them, but they keep resurrecting.... ;)

I have learned SO MUCH from those guys!  Practical things that we'd forgotten.....

Did you know... milk poured over ink stains lifts them right out?   Ruth is right!!!!   Good grief!

No, Annie -- check this article out. He briefly mentions FLYLady. :) http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/04/27/money-saving-tips/

---

Note to self: Both the Eagle Theatre and the Broadway Theatre have summer camps. Call Nancy at CCC and get the theatre schedule there. Call the Little Theatre, too.

Check in with all the libraries by the end of the week.

Woke up early ... and am crashing before 2 a.m.!!!!! What is this madness???

I kinda like it.