An Old School Catholic Message Board

Life After College 3: More Rants And Revelations

MissyP89

Well, I had a wonderful discovery today. It may not sound like much, but I discovered the camera lucida. And other things like it, such as the camera obscura.

Basically, so many people look at the works of great classical painters and say "man, their drawing skills were superhuman!"

Turns out, that wasn't true at all. They used optics to superimpose their subject into their drawings, and it was in fact the invention of optics which led to the understanding of perspective in art.

It also totally vindicates my own working method. :)

I'm having Moe's this weekend.

Smooth a cappella pumping in the headphones today. Something to tap my foot to.  :cans:

Hmmmm...Cat, feeling like this album is very top-heavy. Bass end isn't as pronounced.

p.s. I hope lunch went OK today. :kiss:

Edited by MissyP89

I like Moe's. Weather permitting I am cooking out this weekend. It is a good excuse to drink beer.

Wait......is there a bad excuse?

Edited by Papist

So if by the time

The bar closes

And you feel like fallin' down,

I'll carry you home

Tonight....

missionseeker

Hmmmm...Cat, feeling like this album is very top-heavy. Bass end isn't as pronounced.

p.s. I hope lunch went OK today. :kiss:

It did not, but my parents unwittingly cut it short when they called to find out about the bomb threat a block from where I work. 

How they knew about it while in Nebraska before I did, I'm not sure. But all in all, it was a very interesting day. 

brianthephysicist

I has happies but I will hold all y'all in suspense til after I tell Missy.

:bounce:

brianthephysicist

About a week and a half ago I lost my rosary beads (in their pouch) somewhere between praying with it in the morning and meeting with some friends to pray in the early evening.  I searched my path from that day and couldn't find it.  It was really special to me so I was sad, but I tried to reason to myself that God had decided to bless someone else with a rosary that day.

That weekend I took one of my CCM friends to the nearby shrine so she could get away from all of the troubles and spend some quiet time with Jesus.  While we were there I explained that I had lost my rosary beads, so we stopped at the gift-shop to buy a new set as well as a new pouch.  

This evening she came by my office as I was finishing up the last bit of work before going home for dinner to show me that she had found my rosary pouch, beads inside.  Looked like it was rained on and beat up (zipper's kind of messed up), but it's there and the beads are intact.

I'm super happy about it, because the beads were given to me when I became a knight and the pouch was a present from Melissa.  Also, along with the rosary, the pouch contained a small folded paper explaining how to pray the rosary.  This paper was included with my very first rosary, the one I received from my parents for my first communion.  

I always loved how it symbolically tied together everything so beautifully. It takes two important symbols of what made me who I am today: 1) a paper teaching me how to pray, from my parents, my first teachers & 2) rosary beads, a kind of spiritual sword with which to defend myself in battle and to lean on in troubling times, given to me by my brother knights.  Together in the pouch, they are held with gentle loving care in the hands of Missy, the woman I will give my life.  Finally, the pouch bears the "Chi Rho", a final reminder that the entirety of its existence is to serve and glorify God.

It's 82 today! Love love love love.

I'ma walk while I watch Survivor, then grab my sandals and head outside. My super pale legs are going to get some sun today! Yaaaay!

So happy it's the weekend.