An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

TheresaThoma

I am thankful that the teachers are being nice and I am glad that we only have 2.5 days left!!!! I just need to rest and scream and try to wrap my mind around all this. I need to read my books (I have read 8 in 1.5 weeks... I needed to keep my mind occupied) and go work out in the garden. I just want something to be normal.

​Find those normal bits and hang onto them. After my dad passed the conversations I treasured most were the "normal" ones. A friend called and we talked for a good hour about nothing in particular. It helped more than she can know.

What are you growing in the garden? My "garden" is currently about 12 pots of herbs and one tomato plant! I need to figure out how to dry some of the herbs.

​Find those normal bits and hang onto them. After my dad passed the conversations I treasured most were the "normal" ones. A friend called and we talked for a good hour about nothing in particular. It helped more than she can know.

What are you growing in the garden? My "garden" is currently about 12 pots of herbs and one tomato plant! I need to figure out how to dry some of the herbs.

I am starting to get what you say about the "normal" ones. I friend of mine came over to my house and just talked about crushes, school, summer plans, etc. We talked for like 3 hours!

We are growing tomatoes, beans, corn, beets, and carrots. Oh and some peppers. I need to plant some herbs in pots to keep in the kitchen. Dad wanted to play a grape tomato plant on the back deck because he loved grape tomatoes! I might still have to do that, they would be nice for salads this summer.

TheresaThoma

grape or cherry tomatoes do amesome in pots. Sungolds (a yellow cherry tomato) and patio tomaotes (yes they are just called patio tomatoes) are two of my favorites. 

I'm trying out a yellow pear tomato this year. 

Yeah we  have had cherry/grape tomatoes before. One year my Aunt Ann gave Granddaddy a whole lot of Romea (sp?) tomato plants so he planted them. Well the bear a lot of fruit! Grandma was crushing us because she hates Romeas and she had to deal with canning them.

Cool! I am not a big yellow tomato fan but they are low in acid so that is good!

School is out, have already been to one graduation party and am going to another one today. It is fun but people keep on asking if I am okay! I just wanna yell at them and be like I am here so I must be somewhat alright right?  

Just got back from an amesome Grad party! We all just hung out for a couple of hours than when a lot of the girls where leaving (I was riding with a couple of guy friends) the guys and I started to play 32 (basketball game). Stick (guest of honor, grad) is 6'7'' and plays basketball so of course he would be amesome but he and I were tied for most of the game and I haven't played in like 3 years! Lol it was lots of fun. Some guy elbowed me in the face on accident and was like "I'm so sorry are you okay?" All the guys just looked at me and were asking also so I took advantage and went in for an easy lay-up! The guys were shocked at my actions and I was just like I am a girl but I am not weak! I ended up winning one game at least!  

School is out! And has been out for a week!!! I have been staying home with mom since my siblings have internships they went off on. I spent the night with grandma though last weekend since my siblings came in. They came in to zumba at a memorial thing that the ladies at my dad's work threw for our trust/education fund we started in memory of dad. It was fun to see everyone together but it was also really sad because it seemed like he should have been there.

Last night I planted corn in the garden and hoed it out. Mom just bought gourd seeds, carrots seeds, and I have beet seeds that I need to put out. Grandma also got sweet potato plants and a red bell pepper plant. I will probably get them out sometime this week and then I will let them grow!

It is thank you cards time! We have about 160+ to write. Mom and I have written about 80 some in the past two days so we should have this done soon!

Last night I went to Encounter Cincinnati at the Underground and it was really needed. I needed some time spent in Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament and to just quiet my mind. I really need a retreat this summer but I cannot go to the one I was planning on because Dad forgot to sign me up and I completely forgot about it until my cousin asked if I had registered. Oh well! I want to go on the Passionist discernment retreat in October but I don't want to tell Mom that I am considering religious life because I feel like it will be too much on her and I don't want to stress her out.

Please keep a classmate of mine in your prayers. Nic's grandfather just passed away and he sent me a text late at night telling me this. I didn't know why he would tell me; we aren't friends, far from it. He asked me if I would keep his family in my prayers and he said that he knew that I would actually pray for them so that is why he was asking me. I told him that I would and if he ever needed anybody to talk to that he could talk to me. And I told him that I know that everyone is saying that right now but I truly mean it even if we aren't the best of friends. He could confide in me.

He was really sweet when Dad died. I came home after the funeral and there were a vase of flowers addressed to me from him and they had yellow roses in them! I love anything yellow but I especially love roses so it really brightened up my day. I am trying to think of something to do for him in this time of hardship and grieve but I don't really know what to send him since a teenage boy won't want flowers. Does anybody have any suggestion?

• 2 weeks later...

Extra prayer tomorrow! It is going to be tough but I (and my family) will get though it!

So I sprained my ankle about two weeks ago. I went to the doctor because it was so swollen, mom was concerned. It was broken but if I was still having trouble with it by the following Monday to call in to his office. Well I just thought it needed time so I told mom not to call until four days ago since it was still hurting a lot. I have an MRI scheduled for tomorrow since he is concerned that it may be something else. I am just praying that it will heal by July 15, volleyball practice starts! If you can say a prayer for me please! I have had an MRI before but that was when I was really little and it was on my head. Long story, maybe I will tell it sometime; but not today. 

So prayers please! Thanks! Pax! 

TheresaThoma

Not cool about the ankle.Definitely want to get the checked out you can do a good deal of damage just by walking on a minor injury. I hope the MRI will show the Dr what is wrong and it is an easy fix. And stay off your foot as much as possible!

Not cool about the ankle.Definitely want to get the checked out you can do a good deal of damage just by walking on a minor injury. I hope the MRI will show the Dr what is wrong and it is an easy fix. And stay off your foot as much as possible!

I kind of walked 10 miles on it when I went to a leadership conference. Probably shouldn't have done that... After going to that camp my mom was just like Hey you wanna go pick black raspberries? I love those berries so I'm just like yeah! I picked for about 3 hours and then I went and weeded my garden and hoed it out for several hours. I am not the best patient during the summer.... I will try to do better! 

I kind of walked 10 miles on it when I went to a leadership conference. Probably shouldn't have done that... After going to that camp my mom was just like Hey you wanna go pick black raspberries? I love those berries so I'm just like yeah! I picked for about 3 hours and then I went and weeded my garden and hoed it out for several hours. I am not the best patient during the summer.... I will try to do better! 

• 2 weeks later...