An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

Still haven't told my mom about my math grade... My ACT went up to a 26 though! 

Today after mass I was waiting on mom to stop talking (always the case lol...) and Fr. Michael (SD) came up to me. He said he had another gift for me and I just looked at him because I knew what the gift was, he wanted me either to repair an alb/chasuble or make something to decorate his classroom. He wanted me to tie a bow around a candle; he couldn't make a better bow he said. I told him that I would fix it when school started; it will take five minutes lol. I also told him he didn't get his Christmas gift until the 12 day of Christmas so he would have to wait and practice patience.   

Mrs. Y, a far off cousin and mother to a priest, came up and started talking to Fr. Michael and me. Fr. Michael said, "Carter is going to become my personal sacristan after she graduates and follow me around mending my clothes, taking care of the church, and playing the organ. Mrs. Y was laughed and said that her son had dips on me over him since I am related to Fr. Y. I thought this was comical and thought you all might enjoy this. 

Merry 3rd day of Christmas! Pax!

I told my mom about my math grade; she did not freak out. She had thought I had done bad since I hadn't told her about it yet.

So I dyed my hair today (new year new hair!) Okay so it isn't a completely different color, I just got some blonde/golden highlights added to it and it was really just a few. I didn't tell my mom and my sister did them for me because I did this complicated new hair color thing she wanted. Her hair looks fantastic btw. My mom likes it but she kind of freaked out because I didn't ask.

TheresaThoma
On 12/27/2015, 2:10:36, cartermia said:

Still haven't told my mom about my math grade... My ACT went up to a 26 though! 

Today after mass I was waiting on mom to stop talking (always the case lol...) and Fr. Michael (SD) came up to me. He said he had another gift for me and I just looked at him because I knew what the gift was, he wanted me either to repair an alb/chasuble or make something to decorate his classroom. He wanted me to tie a bow around a candle; he couldn't make a better bow he said. I told him that I would fix it when school started; it will take five minutes lol. I also told him he didn't get his Christmas gift until the 12 day of Christmas so he would have to wait and practice patience.   

Mrs. Y, a far off cousin and mother to a priest, came up and started talking to Fr. Michael and me. Fr. Michael said, "Carter is going to become my personal sacristan after she graduates and follow me around mending my clothes, taking care of the church, and playing the organ. Mrs. Y was laughed and said that her son had dips on me over him since I am related to Fr. Y. I thought this was comical and thought you all might enjoy this. 

Merry 3rd day of Christmas! Pax!

Nice on the ACT!

Calling dibs on you, lol! I help out with a couple of the Masses and I have been known to make sure all the altar servers (who are around my age and most of them in the seminary) look presentable. Someone has to take care of that! So I know what you mean. I just figure Jesus and the disciples had women who followed them and provided for/took care of them so it has bibilcal precedence. And I guess some things never change :) !

Thanks, my goal is to get it up to a 28 (only two point, I can do it!)

Someone has to take care of the priest (they are only grown up boys after all, lol.) I mean no offense by this to any of them but some just need a little extra help when it comes to the clothing/food/cleaning/ect part of life. Like Fr. Michael is great with computers and making everything even (hanging stuff on his walls) but deciding the colors and putting it up he needs some help. 

Fr. Michael decided I have a touch (actually a lot) of OCD because I always realign his desk, notice that the altar linens aren't start, obsessed with numbers, etc. During lunch Fr. Michael lets me hang out in his classroom so I don't have to be around the loud noise of the gym so in return I straighten his school desk because his students cannot keep things aligned. 

Does anybody no any good places to go on retreat in KY or OH? I am trying to find a good retreat for myself and my brother's girlfriend for over summer break. I would like it to be in a contemplative or cloistered convent/abbey because I need peace and quiet. This is my current projext and I am going to ask Fr. Michael if he knows anywhere too. 

Pax!

Thanks TT! I will definitely check them out! 

So, I have all A's right now!!! Woot woot! I am going to get a pup if I get all A's at the end of the semester my mother said. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I kind of fell off of the face of the earth for a little while. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Ummm, I want a medium sized dog. I already have a big black Labrador and I don't really like little dogs. I don't really care about the breed, I might go to the pound and adopt one from there because it is a kill shelter.

I am sick right now and it is my third day with a fever, I am snowed in at my house and my county is on a level two snow emergency so I will not be going anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

So I am working on mastering two new piano pieces, "Two Part Invention No. 14" by Back and "Raindrop Prelude" by Chopin, for a piano audition on April 2nd. Prayers please! 

I've played the organ two times at Mass now (at the offertory) and Fr. Michael (SD) has taken an interest in my musical "journey". He is written my school administration letter of rec for the audition that I need for the audition. He comes over to the church and listens when I practice and it is nice to have an audience compared to my solitude practices. 

I've been practicing for two hours each day (huge increase from my thirty minutes a day) and I think I am improving some. (Hopefully I am!) A guy I have been talking to (long story...) is auditioning the same day for the trumpet! If we can get this then we could spend some more time together in the summer! It might be the start of something new! (song reference, 10 points rewarded to anyone who guesses it.) 

IgnatiusofLoyola
20 hours ago, cartermia said:

So I am working on mastering two new piano pieces, "Two Part Invention No. 14" by Back and "Raindrop Prelude" by Chopin, for a piano audition on April 2nd. Prayers please! 

I've played the organ two times at Mass now (at the offertory) and Fr. Michael (SD) has taken an interest in my musical "journey". He is written my school administration letter of rec for the audition that I need for the audition. He comes over to the church and listens when I practice and it is nice to have an audience compared to my solitude practices. 

I've been practicing for two hours each day (huge increase from my thirty minutes a day) and I think I am improving some. (Hopefully I am!) A guy I have been talking to (long story...) is auditioning the same day for the trumpet! If we can get this then we could spend some more time together in the summer! It might be the start of something new! (song reference, 10 points rewarded to anyone who guesses it.) 

Generation gap here. When you said "the start of something new," my first thought was "Isn't the lyric 'the start of something big'? There is a much older song (even before my time) with that title that was very popular. However, I kept searching and learned that "the start of something new" is a lyric from "High School Musical" (which I have never seen).

Useless factoid: I do have a very thin tie to "High School Musical." Kenny Ortega directed the movie. I was in a production of "The Wizard of Oz" with him when I was in junior high, and he was a couple of years older. I checked my very old program from the play, and sure enough, Kenny Ortega signed my program with a very nice note, even though he didn't know me at all. My very minor "brush with greatness."

Also, not saying that you care (that's your business) but brass players are very good kissers. My first BF in my senior year of HS was a french horn player. That bit of knowledge may never matter to you, but who knows what the future brings?!

• 2 weeks later...

Haha yes the reference came from High School Musical. My age group is obsessed with the movie, it was our childhood! 

That is so cool about getting to meet the director before he made it big! It must have been a great experience working along side him because I've heard he is amesome! 

I've heard that before about brass players but for some reason hearing your story made me blush. Lol

On February 6, 2016 at 11:16:28, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

Generation gap here. When you said "the start of something new," my first thought was "Isn't the lyric 'the start of something big'? There is a much older song (even before my time) with that title that was very popular. However, I kept searching and learned that "the start of something new" is a lyric from "High School Musical" (which I have never seen).

Useless factoid: I do have a very thin tie to "High School Musical." Kenny Ortega directed the movie. I was in a production of "The Wizard of Oz" with him when I was in junior high, and he was a couple of years older. I checked my very old program from the play, and sure enough, Kenny Ortega signed my program with a very nice note, even though he didn't know me at all. My very minor "brush with greatness."

Also, not saying that you care (that's your business) but brass players are very good kissers. My first BF in my senior year of HS was a french horn player. That bit of knowledge may never matter to you, but who knows what the future brings?!

Haha yes the reference came from High School Musical. My age group is obsessed with the movie, it was our childhood! 

That is so cool about getting to meet the director before he made it big! It must have been a great experience working along side him because I've heard he is amesome! 

I've heard that before about brass players but for some reason hearing your story made me blush. Lol maybe this relationship will play out to something big or just stay friends. I am not rushing it but I would like to ask him to prom but don't know if I have the guts to do it. 

• 2 weeks later...

My dog died a week ago today. He had 16 seizures and couldn't recover. Please pray for my mom, it us hitting her really hard. Pax! 

I need prayers. It's about school and something stupid I did. I am praying everything ends up okay but I doubt it will. What I did was stupid and may get me in major trouble. Why didn't I listen to my conscience? Why was I so stupid? Ugh!!!! 

Wait don't prayer that I don't get in trouble. What I did was cheap and in honorable. I thought I could get away with it (I don't know if I have but I doubt I will.)  Please pray for something, I don't know what. Just pray! 

• 2 weeks later...

I asked the trumpet guy to prom.... And he said yes!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy right now! (And kind of nervous...)