An Old School Catholic Message Board

Was Macht Der Fuchs Sagan?

cartermia

CountrySteve21
18 hours ago, cartermia said:

Steve!!! Long time, no communication! Thank you!  How are you? 

I'm doing good.  I've been discerning my vocation. Hopefully your mother will let you join the Benedictines right?

That's good! I'll keep you in my prayers. Lol I hope my mother lets me join the Benedictines but hey I'll be over 18 so what can she do? Oh my, my attitude right now is not very good. 

cartermia

Prom is on Friday!!! 

Oh and I went on my very first date tonight. It was nice, my date and I went out to eat and talked then he drove me home. He's sweet. (This is not trumpet guy, this guy asked me to his prom which is on Saturday.) 

TheresaThoma
On 4/26/2016, 4:04:00, cartermia said:

I just want school to be over!!! I just want to be done with school and be able to just be. I'm so done right now, like I could just be locked in a room and give me some tea, a book, and my pup and I would be.

I don't even want to go to college, I know I have a whole year to the side of that. I really just want to skip college go join the convent even though I know that my mother will not let me do that and I know that's probably not going to be what's best for me. I just want to go join the Benedictines and  I really just want to skip college go join the convent even though I know that my mother will not let me do that and I know that's probably not going to be what's best for me. I just want to go join the Benedictines and do what God is calling me to do. Maybe he's calling me to go to college? Maybe you calling me as ago right away? Maybe he's not even calling me to religious life. Maybe I'm supposed to trumpet dude. I don't know what the heck I'm supposed to do with my life!!!

i'm kind of freaking out right now because I want to do stuff. I want my life to move on, I don't want to be patient. I want God to grant me the gift of patients so I can wait for my vocation yet I want to be right there and my vocation doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. I just would like to happen!!! Does anyone else feel like this right now? 

I missing my dad right now, I want to be done with school, I just want to be at peace with myself and with God, and I just want to do what I'm supposed to do and be happy about it.  I found myself so many times in the past week to see a picture of dad and want to start crying but I know if I start trying that I won't find the strength to stop. I just want something to happen right now. In all honesty, I don't care what it is. I could be the biggest life event that will ever happen to me but it'll be something happening something different that will change me. 

I want chains, I wasn't something new! God grant me the patience and peace to be a faithful follower of you. Give me the hope to keep on going and give me the knowledge and wisdom to know what I'm to do with my life. 

Carter I know what this feels like. Your post made me go back and read some of my old journal entries from 4 years ago. Your post could have been one of my journal entries. 

One of the most beautiful and powerful prayers I prayed was a month or so after my reception into the Catholic Church. I remember kneeling in the Adoration chapel and asking God what He wanted me to do next, and at the same time telling Him that whatever it was I would do it. When I say it was powerful God definitely showed me what He wanted me to do. Remember God is not rude He waits for an invitation. 

A book you may want to read is He Leadth Me. It is a beautiful spiritual book written by a priest whose life definitely did not turn out how he had planned but was able to completely abandon himself to Divine Providence.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks TT! I've been really distracted with summer stuff and life. I'll definitely have to check out that book. 

I'm getting ready to go to GSA and spend three weeks away from home with barely any communication with my mom or family so I am kind of looking forward to that.  And the making art part! Then I'm off to DC for a prolife internship and I'm really looking forward to this because I've never flown or anything. Finally it will be volleyball season and I'll be busy with that! 

• 2 weeks later...

My SD is in the hospital. Prayers for him please, they did surgery the other day and removed a tumor. He is in intense pain and I wish I could do something besides just pray but I'm at GSA so I cannot. 

Please, please, please keep him in your prayers!!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

My SD is doing somewhat better. He's wanting to steal my pup once again so I think he's feeling better! 

Im like for real ready to get out of high school and college and just go into RL!!! My heart right now is just yearning for it soooooo much! I just want to go on a retreat!!!! 

• 1 month later...

Hi y'all! It's been a while! I've started my senior year of high school (thanks be to God!) and am already super busy! I've got school, volleyball, academic team, and I've tried out for the school play. I got a call back audition and its tomorrow so wish me luck! I'm auditioning for Mrs. Potts from Beauty and the Beast. 

My SDis feeling better and he is actually my religion teacher for this school year. He told me during one of our meetings that he's actually going to make me learn something this year. Religion wasn't just going to be another easy A for me. I don't know if I like that it not! Lol

God bless! Pax! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks y'all!!! 

Hey, can you say a little prayer for me and my mom? I had been holding off telling her I thought I might have a vocation but I told her today. She's over reacting and acting like I'm entering tomorrow and she's never going to see me again. Prayers please!!!

(looking back on the conversation though, I should have said contemplative instead of cloistered. It's kind of softer. Lol) 

Gosh, that sounds just like my mum!

My advice:

Try to listen to her and understand where she's coming from. She's probably scared of losing you, and it is quite a shock for her. You're only young, so make sure she understands that you're not entering tomorrow and that you're just exploring at this point.

Involve her in the process - obviously I don't know how much your mum knows about contemplative life but if you include her in your journey it should help her understand that you're not running away and of course she's still going to see you! Even Catholics don't always understand the value of contemplative life - the more she understands, the more she should be able to support you!

What kind of communities are you interested in?