An Old School Catholic Message Board

Republican Debates

Basilisa Marie

Archaeology cat
On 12/16/2015, 8:50:53, Peace said:

Maybe we will get some more hanging chad action this time around. Do they have computers yet?

We're so cool we have scan-tron now. In KY, I used computers to vote. In FL, I get to darken circles. 

KnightofChrist
15 minutes ago, PhuturePriest said:

The love in this thread is abundant. 

dodgeball-l2.png?w=1000

Again, hypocritical. The love died when the words "insane psychopath, racist, fascist, psychopathic lunatic, oh-so-clever references to my possession of a vagina" were posted and propped.

11 hours ago, bardegaulois said:

In case you haven't heard, Walker and Jindal have removed themselves from contention.

As for shutting down government spending, isn't Congress supposed to have the power of the purse? So if Cruz or any other Senator or Representative doesn't want to support Ottoman eunuch's exorbitant spending plans, then don't they (with approval of their Houses) have the right not to fund them?

Please quit talking about Ottoman eunuch (or whoever might succeed him) as a dictator.

The House of Representatives have the power of the purse. No congressman or senator can "shut down the government" only the President can by his refusal to sign a bill.

16 hours ago, Peace said:

Hmm. Actually I think the Republican field is pretty good this year, at least in comparison to previous years. Walker, Jindall, Kasich, Christie, Bush, Rubio all better than Clinton.

As for Cruz, wasn't he the one who was behind shutting down the Federal Government and achieved absolutely nothing in the process? It seemed like a rather idiotic thing for them to attempt, there was no chance it would ever work, especially with a democratic president in office. I have trouble taking him seriously after that whole fiasco.

A senator cannot shut down the government, only the President can do that by not signing into law a bill. That said, the confusion over government shut down is laughable as it only shuts down "non-essential workers" while still funding over 80% of the government. So when the president said military wouldn't get paid, that was a flat out lie. Same with SS.

13 hours ago, bardegaulois said:

In case you haven't heard, Walker and Jindal have removed themselves from contention.

As for shutting down government spending, isn't Congress supposed to have the power of the purse? So if Cruz or any other Senator or Representative doesn't want to support Ottoman eunuch's exorbitant spending plans, then don't they (with approval of their Houses) have the right not to fund them?

Please quit talking about Ottoman eunuch (or whoever might succeed him) as a dictator.

I knew they dropped out, but thanks.

As for defunding Obamacare, if you can do it go ahead. But there was never a snowballs chance in hell that was ever going to happen, which  made shutting down the government an idiots move. I bet even Cruz himself will admit to that blunder.

2 hours ago, Peace said:

I knew they dropped out, but thanks.

As for defunding Obamacare, if you can do it go ahead. But there was never a snowballs chance in hell that was ever going to happen, which  made shutting down the government an idiots move. I bet even Cruz himself will admit to that blunder.

The government shuts down every day at 5pm and doesn't reopen until 9am the next day. In fact, the government is shut down as I write and won't be open again until Monday. What will we do without the government being open?!?!?!

Obamacare is #1 UNCONSTITUTIONAL. There is no provision in the Constitution that allows the federal government to force commerce on a citizen. PERIOD.

#2, it is true that a full repeal could not happen with Obama sitting in the executive branch, but the Republican Congress, that was swept into power in 2010 elections, was able to cut off 85% of the law. They did not do it. The the 2014 elections swept in a Republican Senate, and they were to do it (which is what Cruz was doing) and the RINOS once again did not represent the people.

With the move yesterday and today by both houses, It will take conservative judicial appointments to bring this in front of to strike it down. Barring that a convention of the states would be able to undo this unconstitutional law.

The sad thing about all of the nominees is that I don't trust any of them EXCEPT for Trump. You'd be surprised how far trust goes--because even if you agree with just 10% of what he says, it's better than the 0% you agree with from the other guys due to the lack of trust.

PhuturePriest
Just now, dUSt said:

The sad thing about all of the nominees is that I don't trust any of them EXCEPT for Trump. You'd be surprised how far trust goes--because even if you agree with just 10% of what he says, it's better than the 0% from the guys you don't trust.

If by "trust" you mean you trust him to run this nation into the ground, then I have trust in him, too.

Just now, PhuturePriest said:

If by "trust" you mean you trust him to run this nation into the ground, then I have trust in him, too.

Hey, if Putin likes him, so do I.

PhuturePriest
1 minute ago, dUSt said:

Hey, if Putin likes him, so do I.

A leader of what may a well be declared an enemy nation supports and loves him. If that's not as damning to his campaign as it gets, I don't know what is.

18 hours ago, StMichael said:

The government shuts down every day at 5pm and doesn't reopen until 9am the next day. In fact, the government is shut down as I write and won't be open again until Monday. What will we do without the government being open?!?!?!

Certain branches of it shut down at 5PM. Other branches are open 24 hours a day and our security very much depends on that being the case.

Obamacare is #1 UNCONSTITUTIONAL. There is no provision in the Constitution that allows the federal government to force commerce on a citizen. PERIOD.

It is a tax. You are not forced to buy. You pay a tax if you do not buy. When the government does not give a person without children the child deduction (thus requiring him to pay more in tax than a person who has children) is the government forcing the person to have children? I find that argument to be weak, as did 5 members of the Supreme Court.

#2, it is true that a full repeal could not happen with Obama sitting in the executive branch, but the Republican Congress, that was swept into power in 2010 elections, was able to cut off 85% of the law. They did not do it. The the 2014 elections swept in a Republican Senate, and they were to do it (which is what Cruz was doing) and the RINOS once again did not represent the people.

They could defund it by shutting down all of government indefinitely? Was that a realistic plan? It seems not, but that we can disagree upon I think. I respect your opinion.

With the move yesterday and today by both houses, It will take conservative judicial appointments to bring this in front of to strike it down. Barring that a convention of the states would be able to undo this unconstitutional law.

I would like to see a few more conservative justices on the court too, but more so because of abortion and gay marriage, than Obamacare.

I'm all for Trump!  We don't need a nasty politician to take office again; majority are corrupt and it's just one big party anyway.  He's kickin' bootay and America is eating it all up!  Anyone or anything that the main stream media hates, politicians included, are the good guys :)