An Old School Catholic Message Board

So sick of hearing about these priest molesting kids

PhuturePriest
3 hours ago, Gabriela said:

Grammatically, your thread title says something quite different.

:lol4:

21 minutes ago, Josh said:

I've read it over and over but still can't figure it out.

Your sentence reads that the kids are molesting the Priests

"So sick of hearing about these PRIEST molesting KIDS."   I don't see it. It must be like an optical allusion or something.

I don't know how to use commas and colons and whatever else might be out there.

A lot of responses concerning grammar.  

I personally am not surprised.   I saw it first hand for years.  The attitude of fearing scandal against the Church or the office of the Priest, so it gets covered up and people are told to forgive and pray about it.  But don't use a condom or masturbate, those are one way tickets to hell.  Priorities. 

These reflections on the movie Spotlight resonated with me, particularly this paragraph:

"Anyway, the most emotionally wrenching scene for me was the one where Rezendes is breaking down on the back porch of a newspaper colleague’s apartment. He’s finally seen the depths of the church’s depravity in Boston, and, as he puts it, “something cracked.” He says he was raised Catholic, and had drifted from the Church, but always thought he would return. Now, knowing what he knows, that path is closed, and it’s tearing him alive."

Anomaly is spot on, IMHO.  Sexual urges squish out in unholy and abusive ways when people are formed without any positive means of integrating them into a holistic and adult humanity.  

And then myriads of bishops and prelates cover it up as if those who were abused do not matter as much as the "image" of the church.  It is no wonder that so many people have walked away from Roman Catholicism as these cover-ups have been made known, and that they suffer too for loss of their spiritual home.

BarbTherese

These scandals are sickening in the extreme - it all makes me sick too - and even more sick, horrified, having watched the four days of evidence of Cardinal Pell to our Royal Commission here in Australia.  I am truly shocked to the core.

We need to hear about it and we need to share our views.  God is Truth and we need to know the truth.  It is an appalling and shocking situation, especially in view of the words of Jesus " [41] And whosoever shall scandalize one of these little ones that believe in me; it were better for him that a millstone were hanged around his neck, and he were cast into the sea." (Mark Ch9)  If things have gone so terribly and shockingly amiss in our Church, then it is a collective responsibility and indeed an accountability.  It is probably very true that all evil needs to increase is for good people to do nothing.  As an individual one may not be able to do much visibly at all to the overall situation as it stands now, but we can form a view based on what we believe to be the truth and to stand up for it and be prepared to speak to it if necessary.

My feelings are with in the main the children who suffered and will suffer for the rest of their lives and no matter the final outcome of secular and Church investigations.  Secondly, I fear for those who are guilty of offences of child abuse and my prayers go with both groups and daily, aware as I am that my own sins may have contributed in some way.  As Pope Benedict has told us - that we only have the sins IN THE CHURCH TO FEAR.  It will be God on Judgement Day who alone will insight the whole truth of the matter including overall causes visible and invisible - and we just might be all standing on the line. Hence thirdly, my own fears are for myself and my fellow Catholics  ............

...........Matthew 5:13You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt lose its savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is good for nothing any more but to be cast out, and to be trodden on by men."