An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dta's thoughts of randomness... and running

Deus te Amat

Deus te Amat
1 hour ago, Maximilianus said:

That's how it begins, you miss one day, than two days, then 2 weeks, then 2 months, then 2 years.

I've been running tues/thurs/sat. I was thinking about running four days this week -- but I'm not late yet!

LittleWaySoul

I did run today!! And I realized it'd probably be better to run T/R/S as well because my first class isn't until 1pm on T/R. Silly me, no need to make mornings more hectic than they are before an 8:30am class! So now I'm going to wait until Thursday (to give my body a break) and I'll continue my routine then. :)

Getting married. How exciting.

I run 4 days a week. Wake up 4:25am to get to gym at 5am. Then arrive at work around 6:30am.  I can't run outdoors. If I run outdoors, I get cardio induced asthma.  I definitely do no run b/c I like it. Do it b/c it is good for me. 

Hi, I remember you! I've also just returned to Phatmass :) I think I might remember you entering the convent.

Sounds like you've been up to a lot! Congrats on getting engaged - and I think it's so cute that you got together with your college sweetheart but I am biased because after nearly joining a convent I got together with my high school sweetheart so obviously similar stories make me happy!

I've actually been thinking of starting running or something...I just lost my job so I'm a little bit down atm but I've been trying to lose weight and having something to do would be good for me (I get bored easily). How did you get started?

Deus te Amat

Yesterday I ran two miles in 18 minutes. The pace was too much for me to do the third. I pushed too hard. Today I'm going to slow it down and see how far I can go. Wish me luck. 

I'll respond to the rest of you peeps when I get back. 

Deus te Amat
On August 30, 2016 at 0:37 PM, EmilyAnn said:

Hi, I remember you! I've also just returned to Phatmass :) I think I might remember you entering the convent.

Sounds like you've been up to a lot! Congrats on getting engaged - and I think it's so cute that you got together with your college sweetheart but I am biased because after nearly joining a convent I got together with my high school sweetheart so obviously similar stories make me happy!

I've actually been thinking of starting running or something...I just lost my job so I'm a little bit down atm but I've been trying to lose weight and having something to do would be good for me (I get bored easily). How did you get started?

Hi! I remember you too. Yay for old friends! :)

You should totes run. The endorphins are worth it and it will help give you perseverance and discipline in other aspects of your life.

My fiancé's family are all big runners, and I felt kinda left out NOT running. I wasn't pressured into it, but my mom died from being sedentary for years so that was motivation enough to get me out the door. I sincerely encourage you to give it a try.

I saw your post in the prayer room. What are your thoughts on getting a job that would pay to move you? I could recommend one or two if that's something you might be interested in.

LittleWaySoul

Gonna try to run again tomorrow. It'll be good to have something to motivate me to get up at around the same time as I would for Mondays and Wednesdays. That way I don't waste the day lounging around just because I don't have class in the morning. We'll see how it goes! :) 

Edited by LittleWaySoul

7 hours ago, Deus te Amat said:

Hi! I remember you too. Yay for old friends! :)

You should totes run. The endorphins are worth it and it will help give you perseverance and discipline in other aspects of your life.

My fiancé's family are all big runners, and I felt kinda left out NOT running. I wasn't pressured into it, but my mom died from being sedentary for years so that was motivation enough to get me out the door. I sincerely encourage you to give it a try.

I saw your post in the prayer room. What are your thoughts on getting a job that would pay to move you? I could recommend one or two if that's something you might be interested in.

I'll definitely give running a shot! I want to get into some good habits now while the weather is still warmer because one it's cold it is so hard to motivate myself to leave the house (I hate English weather).

Funnily enough, part of the reason I want a new job so urgently is that I'm planning on moving! My boyfriend is Australian and we've been long-distance for nearly four years so once I have enough money I'm going to go over there.

LittleWaySoul

Ended up sleeping in because laundry took longer than I thought last night and kept me up late. I ran anyway though (in the rain!! It was fantastic) and I felt a lot stronger than I had on the first two days! Granted I had already been running a bit this summer, so I'm not 100% couch level, but I'm hoping this will help build my endurance so I can just run for longer periods of time than I can now. It's nice to feel like I'm moving faster than normal when I run, so I'm starting to see how people enjoy it once they get past the pain part haha :P 

And it only gets better from here!!

I only ran two miles today. I got home and ready to run and then my roommates told me they were about to go out and have fun so I had until they were done getting ready to get ready. I ran two miles and showered and they barely had to wait at all. :P

LittleWaySoul

Another run today! I'm not feeling super motivated, but I'll do it anyway. Today's the first day of week 2, so I think the pace will be upped a bit; we'll see how that goes. 

singing cadence out loud will help with the motivation.

Just kidding, don't sing any cadences out loud by yourself, that's wierd... do so mentally.

I am so excited! I just ran 5 miles in 50 minutes 20 seconds. Thats both my longest time and run ever. Ahhhh... it may be the endorphins but I think I'm hooked.

LittleWaySoul

Yay!!! You rock!! I ran today too! It went a lot more quickly because the times for running and walking are getting bigger, thereby meaning less repetition. It was kinda hard though because I went in too confident. I kept forgetting to pace myself and then ended up super winded. I made it through though!! I love how much this makes me feel like I have my life together. It's so simple- just 30 minutes. But I feel like I'm doing something well and that's great :)