Spem in alium Posted November 27, 2016 Posted November 27, 2016 I stopped for a couple of weeks because I had shin splints and my shoes were not good. Now I have new running shoes and went for a run yesterday (not C25K, but I did time myself in 3-minute bursts). It was a bit of a struggle but I felt great afterwards!
Deus te Amat Posted December 6, 2016 Author Posted December 6, 2016 I ran 5 miles in 49:33 on Thanksgiving. But I haven't run since, or even much before. Winter makes me want to hibernate.
Papist Posted December 7, 2016 Posted December 7, 2016 On 12/6/2016 at 2:11 PM, Deus te Amat said: I ran 5 miles in 49:33 on Thanksgiving. But I haven't run since, or even much before. Winter makes me want to hibernate. Hope hibernate doesn't make you want to eat.
HopefulHeart Posted December 17, 2016 Posted December 17, 2016 I began regularly jogging/slow running at the beginning of the fall. I started with a very short distance and over time worked up to around 1.5 miles in 20 minutes. I never thought I would like jogging, but now it's my preferred way to exercise. I haven't jogged in the past few weeks, though, with the onset of snowy weather and finals (senior seminars take up lots of time).
LittleWaySoul Posted January 3, 2017 Posted January 3, 2017 On 10/10/2016 at 11:12 AM, Papist said: Have any of you considered zero drop and broad toed shoes? I've been using Altras since December. Excellent performance and very minimal stress on the back. They also have a very cushiony shoe. www.altrarunning.com I got a pair for Christmas and I really like them so far! Especially the broad toe area. Also I ran another 5K! It was on New Year's Eve at 11:45pm so that we'd be running into the new year. I finished in 37 minutes, 3 minutes faster than my previous 5K.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now