An Old School Catholic Message Board

Donald Trump and Racism

dUSt

2 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

For me, they need to prove they aren't a bunch of leftists commies.  Too many rhinos, not racists, in today's Republican party.  I'm more concerned about that...

Etc etc blah blah

ur just a republican racist bigot transracial clumbsy goat 

dominicansoul
36 minutes ago, Seven77 said:

See, that's part of the problem. This thread is indeed about institutional racism because of the title…To say otherwise is to deny that it exists. Whether or not the president is a straight up racist, his public statements certainly seem to suggest that he doesn't consider racism as a problem and as something that is still ingrained in our society in different ways.

Again, ok,  the Democrat party started out the way it did but I'm looking at the way the parties exist today… Neither one of them have truly effective policies for ending the problem of racism--- but the Republican party as a whole does not seem to be trying very hard in my opinion.

ultimately the solution will not be found in politics as it exists today…

If you think that there are too many "leftists commies" In the  Republican party, then what must you think of us,  we who are the other side of the argument here in this thread.lol :)

Well I always think of you with upmost respect.  

I think many of you, like era thinks I am, are duped.  Honestly i don't believe racist incidents in this country are multiplying and dominating our culture.  I do believe it still exist, but I don't believe it's as bad as leftists want us to believe.  I think the left tends to exaggerate.  ive been conditioned not to trust anything I hear from the mainstream media.  In fact I tend to think things are just the opposite of what the media portrays. 

I live in Texas.  There are hundreds of stories this week showing people helping other people regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, wealthy or poor.  I don't put my hope in politicians at all.  My hope is in the American people whom the majority doesn't fall for the divisive  tactics of the left.  I love my state.  ❤️

16 minutes ago, vee said:

Etc etc blah blah

ur just a republican racist bigot transracial clumbsy goat 

I've been waiting for someone to call me this.  On to troll another thread! lol

Edited by dominicansoul

KnightofChrist
1 hour ago, Seven77 said:

See, that's part of the problem. This thread is indeed about institutional racism because of the title…To say otherwise is to deny that it exists. Whether or not the president is a straight up racist, his public statements certainly seem to suggest that he doesn't consider racism as a problem and as something that is still ingrained in our society in different ways.

Again, ok,  the Democrat party started out the way it did but I'm looking at the way the parties exist today… Neither one of them have truly effective policies for ending the problem of racism--- but the Republican party as a whole does not seem to be trying very hard in my opinion.

ultimately the solution will not be found in politics as it exists today…

If you think that there are too many "leftists commies" In the  Republican party, then what must you think of us,  we who are the other side of the argument here in this thread.lol :)

I don't think it's very clear from the title of the thread or the OP that the subject matter is about institutional racism. It seems rather to about Donald Trump/Republicans being a racist. But even if the topic is about institutional racism of the two parties today my previous posts apply to that subject as well. The same institutions both political and financial that were big players in institutional racism of the past, and have never apologized, are today big players in the institutional racism that some members of PM seem to want to avoid talking about.

Abortion is a fundamental part of today's institutional racism. The majority of Abortion clinics are in minority neighborhoods. Abortion kills a disproportionately higher number of black children. In some bigger cities more black children are aborted than are born. And we have the same Party that advocated slavery advocating Abortion and again there are people here who seem not to want to make the clear connection. 

Just imagine if the Nazi party as an institution survived WWII. And went from the party of the Holocaust to crowning itself as the advocate and defender of the Jewish people all while defending abortion that targeted Jewish communities and Jewish children. The past would matter in that case, I would hope, because it would give one a clearer picture of the present.

The "Trump is a racist" never seems to be a very clear argument. It seems to always be vague and wrapped up in "feels", but even if he is racist, I see nothing that compares to the institutional racism of the Democrat Party via Abortion and I don't understand why some of us poopoo talking about that part of the subject.

17 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

There is absolutely nothing the Republican Party can do that will stop people on the left from calling it racist and sexist. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. It doesn't matter what they do and it most certainly doesn't matter what they have done for minorities and women. History doesn't make a difference. It doesn't matter what solution you or it can come up with. Republicans will always be seen as racist, sexist bigots. And it will never be the right time to point out the numerous trees stuck in the eyes of the Democrat Party when they perpetually scream "racist, sexist bigots!"

Anyway I hope this thread has been successful in generating traffic for Phatmass. It's been a little slow lately.

Well, this is certainly not a "can do" attitude. My real job is in corporate communications for a fortune 500 company. I can say for a fact that there is a TON the Republican party can do, purely from a communications and marketing standpoint, that they are currently not doing. I couldn't disagree with you more.

20 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

if the topic is about institutional racism of the two parties today my previous posts apply to that subject as well. The same institutions both political and financial that were big players in institutional racism of the past, and have never apologized, are today big players in the institutional racism that some members of PM seem to want to avoid talking about.

adults.jpg

20 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

I don't think it's very clear from the title of the thread or the OP that the subject matter is about institutional racism. It seems rather to about Donald Trump/Republicans being a racist. But even if the topic is about institutional racism of the two parties today my previous posts apply to that subject as well. The same institutions both political and financial that were big players in institutional racism of the past, and have never apologized, are today big players in the institutional racism that some members of PM seem to want to avoid talking about.

Abortion is a fundamental part of today's institutional racism. The majority of Abortion clinics are in minority neighborhoods. Abortion kills a disproportionately higher number of black children. In some bigger cities more black children are aborted than are born. And we have the same Party that advocated slavery advocating Abortion and again there are people here who seem not to want to make the clear connection. 

Just imagine if the Nazi party as an institution survived WWII. And went from the party of the Holocaust to crowning itself as the advocate and defender of the Jewish people all while defending abortion that targeted Jewish communities and Jewish children. The past would matter in that case, I would hope, because it would give one a clearer picture of the present.

The "Trump is a racist" never seems to be a very clear argument. It seems to always be vague and wrapped up in "feels", but even if he is racist, I see nothing that compares to the institutional racism of the Democrat Party via Abortion and I don't understand why some of us poopoo talking about that part of the subject.

But even as you implicitly acknowledge, racism in this country IS institutional racism. It's one and the same whether we talk about abortion or the KKK or the incarceration rate.

Political platforms in the USA seem to flip-flop on issues and I don't think the way that the parties operate today have much to do with the way they operated in the past.  Even if they do, who cares, racism should be denounced regardless of where it is found.

Obviously, nothing compares in gravity to abortion. I'm pretty sure most of us agree on this point whether you think so or not.  However, it seems to me, if we are serious about the business of changing hearts, we will acknowledge other problems as well and thus show that we are truly concerned about the life of other human beings. if you care about the lives of unborn black babies, why not care about lives of born black adults too?  We're talking about two sides of the same coin here.  Please, let's think this through.

I don't know whether or not the president is racist.  But his rhetoric sure isn't helping to eliminate racism--- actually seems to be provoking and advancing it. 

dominicansoul
4 hours ago, little2add said:

merica.jpg

God bless Merica

Texans showing America how it's done. :x

also I have to continue to disagree, trumps rhetoric isn't enflaming racism the liberal mass media is.  Sure he says a lot of stupid things.  But not with this Charlottesville tragedy.  He didn't say what you think he said.  The media twist his words as much as they twist papa Francis' words and they do it to fit their liberal propaganda and liberal agenda!  It works!  It's got half of u fooled!  The liberal mass media elevated this racial division when Hussein was president.  It got so bad that thugs became heroes and heroes became criminal racists in the mindset of the brainwashed.  we have even seen assasinations and attempted assasination because of liberal propaganda.  The brainwashed soak that poo up and act out violently.  Then they try to justify it because they think they're killing bigots and racists!!!  They are just as bad as the KKK!  

Liberals were so happy when that republican senator got shot.  After all he's a racist!!  And those cops deserved to be ambushed and slain cos they.are.racist!!!  

But let's ignore this and not bring up the democrat party.  They have nothing to do with racism.  the essence of cow!  

Edited by dominicansoul

10 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

Texans showing America how it's done. :x

also I have to continue to disagree, trumps rhetoric isn't enflaming racism the liberal mass media is.  Sure he says a lot of stupid things.  But not with this Charlottesville tragedy.  He didn't say what you think he said.  The media twist his words as much as they twist papa Francis' words and they do it to fit their liberal propaganda and liberal agenda!  It works!  It's got half of u fooled!  The liberal mass media elevated this racial division when Hussein was president.  It got so bad that thugs became heroes and heroes became criminal racists in the mindset of the brainwashed.  we have even seen assasinations and attempted assasination because of liberal propaganda.  The brainwashed soak that poo up and act out violently.  Then they try to justify it because they think they're killing bigots and racists!!!  They are just as bad as the KKK!  

Liberals were so happy when that republican senator got shot.  After all he's a racist!!  And those cops deserved to be ambushed and slain cos they.are.racist!!!  

But let's ignore this and not bring up the democrat party.  They have nothing to do with racism.  the essence of cow!  

the issue is it was not just the media when it comes to charlottesville it was also the republican party and their members and even Trumps cabinet members who what Trump said.  this incident was not isolated to the media the criticism was coming from both sides and even his allies.  

the issue with what Trump said was he said there were  good people on both sides.  there were not good people in the KKK and white supremacy group who were at the protest.  he doesn't get a pass for claiming their were good people on both sides.  there were not. 

Trump makes things 1 million times worse for himself by not distancing himself from the alt-right the instance they do something or say something horrible.  he eventually condemns their actions but only after people in his own party condemn these actions or words.  it seems to me trump might not support the alt-right but he knows they helped vote him in office so he is slow to condemn them because let's be honest, if the alt-right doesn't vote for him as much, he won't win re-election.  Trump has managed to alienate democrats, liberals and republicans which is not the media's doing but his own by using twitter.  

also if he doesn't want to look like a racist, he shouldn't pardon people who come break the law and destroy people's civil liberties.  there are a lot more deserving people to be pardoned than someone who holds no respect for the law and flaunted it and uses racist practices in their job.

KnightofChrist

With all this talk about what Trump said has anyone here posted full transcripts of all his statements on Charlottesville? Im not seeing it. I'll post it after work if I remember. No time now.

The Nazi/KKK were there but so was the violent leftist group Antifa which was indeed at least partly to blame in the acts of violence. They love violence, baseball bats, beating up vets in wheelchairs, beating people up with bike locks, throwing urine on police, advocate "peace through violence". How many people here are aware of Antifa? There were also a few good people on both sides who were not extremists there too. Regular normal people in favour of the statue and against. 

1 hour ago, KnightofChrist said:

With all this talk about what Trump said has anyone here posted full transcripts of all his statements on Charlottesville? Im not seeing it. I'll post it after work if I remember. No time now.

The Nazi/KKK were there but so was the violent leftist group Antifa which was indeed at least partly to blame in the acts of violence. They love violence, baseball bats, beating up vets in wheelchairs, beating people up with bike locks, throwing urine on police, advocate "peace through violence". How many people here are aware of Antifa? There were also a few good people on both sides who were not extremists there too. Regular normal people in favour of the statue and against. 

i don't buy the logic that there were good people on both sides.  i don't buy the logic some people were just there protesting the statues removal.  if you are there protesting the statues removal and the KKK and white supremacists show up spouting their hate speech, you don't stay.  you leave and don't associate with them.  i don't care that they have a similar concerns on the statues  as you do.  you do not associate with these people.  its no different than if a person was protesting the statues removal and planned parenthood showed up to join in your cause but at the same time was screaming about aborting babies.  i don't care that you both agree on the statues removal.  you don't stay protesting with them about the statue when at the same time they are chanting about aborting babies.  so if someone was with the kkk and white supremacists, i would not consider them good people. 

the same goes for the left.  if antifa shows up to protest what you are, you don't stay.  you leave and do not be associated with these people. 

1 minute ago, havok579257 said:

i don't buy the logic that there were good people on both sides.  i don't buy the logic some people were just there protesting the statues removal.  if you are there protesting the statues removal and the KKK and white supremacists show up spouting their hate speech, you don't stay.  you leave and don't associate with them.  i don't care that they have a similar concerns on the statues  as you do.  you do not associate with these people.  its no different than if a person was protesting the statues removal and planned parenthood showed up to join in your cause but at the same time was screaming about aborting babies.  i don't care that you both agree on the statues removal.  you don't stay protesting with them about the statue when at the same time they are chanting about aborting babies.  so if someone was with the kkk and white supremacists, i would not consider them good people. 

the same goes for the left.  if antifa shows up to protest what you are, you don't stay.  you leave and do not be associated with these people. 

Exactly.  If you don't agree with what the main spokesman is saying, then don't stay because he doesn't represent you.

I think that Trump's Charlottesville comments are ambiguous and vague at best.  They were also kind of contradictory. He said that both • sides were responsible and that he said that there were good people on both sides. I would like to see the transcripts.

• dUSt featured this topic