An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is This Catholic Church?

Trooper4DaHolyG

Trooper4DaHolyG

Dave, Dave, Dave!

Sick is cool man. Thats what i call cool. I love the word Catholic now, (not so much the people but hey) there is brotherly love! hahaha....

Bad Morals I am talking about the Roman regime of making it compulsory and the scandals it held against other nations in the name of the Church.

And I can't believe you thought Catholic meant Mary or Mother! If you meant that as a joke, it's uncalled-for. But if what you said was true, then that is VERY sloppy scholarship on your part! Without bothering to ask for information, you guessed, and you guessed wrongly. You know what they say assuming does, don't you?

hahahaha as in when I was young. Plus I have had no real proper exposure to the Catholic Church only attending mass @ Primary School.

www.catholic.com

and others you have mentioned have been amongst them

Some are see as very biased, I like an uncomrpomised but rational view....

Trooper4DaHolyG

Your true colors are begining to shine, Trooper.

Hopefull, and I pray, you are learning MORE about "Catholic" than just the definition of the name. That was established before the dawn of the 2nd century.

the definition of the name is too cool!

don't like the Roman Catholic Church because it has a lot of bad morals.

Just because the center of our Church is in Rome it doesnt mean it's immoral. The old immoral Rome passed away along time ago. It's Christian now. Some clergy and "Men" prone to sin may make "Fleshy" mistakes, but that has nothing to do with what our Church teaches. In Fact it was Peter and Paul who founded the Roman Catholic Church. (The church in Rome) We have proof that Peter was the First Pope and that he did in fact rule in Rome. Protestants dont understand that the Old Persecutor of Christians "Rome" is not the same place anymore. The Christians took it over and it became the Center of Christianity. Roman Catholic doesnt mean it's pagan and hateful. It just means that Rome is now Catholic and the center of Christianity.

Edited by Mc-Just†

What you may believe about the Church of Rome and your dislike of it comes from not really knowing it. There are two sides when it comes to Catholics and Protestants, if you want to learn about the Church in Rome, learn from Caholics, dont go to Protestants sources to learn about it because you will only learn biased opinions, you will not learn the full truth. I'm sorry to say this but Protestantism has a giant history of Lies and Misconceptions, starting from the 1500's.

Trooper4DaHolyG

Trust me the Church in Rome has done alot more good than bad. The Pope has already apologized on behalf of the past mistakes.

that is sweet as!

the Pope said sorry how cool, I am totally serious here!

dont go to Protestants sources to learn about it because you will only learn biased opinion

And Catholic sources will, of couse, be completely unbiased and objective, won't they?

Seriously though, the inquistions and such, they were not even as bad as the Protestants claim. We have documentation and whole Librarys loaded with books on those times and there were not as many casualities as the Protestants claim. Protestantism: Lies, Misconceptions, Ignorance and Exxageration. I'm done here, God Bless and may Christ show you the Path to the Fullness of Truth.

,Sep 23 2003, 09:16 AM] And Catholic sources will, of couse, be completely unbiased and objective, won't they?

No, they'll just tell the Truth. They won't lie and say the Church teaches something it doesn't.

Been doin stacks of research!

Alot of the links are so bad

Catholic Sex Scandals really sux for that too happen, but hey alot of positive stuff. I found out what Catholic means.

I don't like the Roman Catholic Church because it has a lot of bad morals.

but the word catholic 'universal' is preety sick.

I always thought Catholic meant Mary or mother! hahaha

If this is an example of your level of understanding of the Catholic Church, then you actually have no clue.

No wonder you just insult us, you don't have enough understanding of Catholic teaching to do anything else.

,Sep 23 2003, 10:16 AM] And Catholic sources will, of couse, be completely unbiased and objective, won't they?

If I wish to truly know what the Baptist church teaches, I will go to the Baptist Church(es) and ask.

If I wish to truly know what Muslims believe, I will go to a Muslim reference(s) and ask.

If I wanted to know the history of Malaysia, I would ask a Malaysian historian or go to a Malaysian document(s).

Then and only then would I go to another reference. i.e. after I find out what Baptists believe from their own mouth would I go to another reference and see how that compares to the first.

Why would the Catholic Church lie about what they teach?