An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is This Catholic Church?

Trooper4DaHolyG

Trooper4DaHolyG

So you are saying that the church Jas and I go to respectively are not Christ's Church and if we strive to be that we are Catholic by Desire?

Paladin D, making big bucks jumping around in the aisles is not an essential part of our faith. Your misconceptions are as good as the worlds.

Shouting is a biblical teaching of praise, what do you mean my Rapture?

cmother,

When I made that comment I was telling people not teach me about my church, fact is you don't know much. You can say when I seperated but you can't say how we run our church now. Also it seems that you want the Catholic Church to be back in control of all Christians, if this is the case JC will make it happen. If it is his will.

Dave,

I left the Catholic faith because it did not appeal to me as a Christian. It was way too complicated for me to understand and in a world so complicated, the Catholic Faith was not desriable. Also the church that I attended was very controlling they had to know what we are all doing at one particular time. They were scared all the girls were having sex, coz that was a reputation for young Catholic Girls. Anyways the priest of our church St. Benedicts was getting old and still was very controlling one day he fainted while preaching. I think that was the day I left....

Edited by Trooper4DaHolyG

Dave,

I left the Catholic faith because it did not appeal to me as a Christian. It was way too complicated for me to understand and in a world so complicated, the Catholic Faith was not desriable. Also the church that I attended was very controlling they had to know what we are all doing at one particular time. They were scared all the girls were having sex, coz that was a reputation for young Catholic Girls. Anyways the priest of our church St. Benedicts was getting old and still was very controlling one day he fainted while preaching. I think that was the day I left....

I'm sorry that you went through all that. I too had a similar situation where we had to leave our parish for about 5 years, but we left to another Catholic parish where we were comfortable. I mean comfortable in the sense that not everybody gossiped about you, etc. I was small then and back then my parents left not to "leave the Church" but the ppl. It was bad. My parents found it complicated as well but sent us to Catholic Schools and learned along with us. It was a long hard road, but in the end, we found the fullness of the Truth in the Catholic Church.

God BLess! B)

Dave,

You're not going to like what I'm about to tell you, but I'm going to do it anyway because it's what they call "tough love."

You left the Catholic Church because it didn't appeal to you as a Christian. So in other words, whether you realize it or not, you left because you decided you wanted to do things your way instead of God's way. If you thought it was too complicated, then that's your fault, not the Church's. You could've made some effort to understand, but no, you took the easy way out.

To put it another way, I guess you might say you "never got anything out of the Catholic Church." Well then, that's because you didn't put anything INTO it. Again, that's your own fault.

I'm sorry the priest and others at your parish struck you as way too controlling, but if you left the Church even in part because of that, then that would seem to indicate a very immature faith on your part. You apparently couldn't see past the people to notice that the Church teaches the truth. If you don't like the people at a particular parish, you leave that parish and find another one, not the Church!

Trooper4DaHolyG

I left the church, because I didn't like what it taught. It was way to complicated and that is not the way God intended it to be. When I couldn't refer things straight back to the bible, I was more confused and realised that the Catholic faith was becoming to common. Well I believe in an extraordinary God and I know he was not going to restrict me to one style of worship.

I know that for a fact and this would be why there was reformation and division from the church. To make things simpler for Christian. The thing that sux is I can be tough with you Dave too but I will pulled apart by another Catholic before you get back here. Truth is I am way outnumbered on this board.

My faith was becoming in a process of maturing, but when it got confusing I pulled out. Plus my folks were born and bred "old" Pentecostals and I was just attending a Catholic School which required weekly parish services for the students.

Personally I know alot of Catholic Teenagers which wreck the face of Catholicism. The only Catholic thing about them is their cross with Jesus on it and their reason is because Tupac and the other Niggas wear it.

As much as this hurts, sometimes I wish they came back to one our of churches. Learned some basic Christian concepts, good ways of living and essential of being a Christian and then go back in and enjoy the Catholic Church.

The World is hungering for something greater and I hope one day we can call work together in providing that. If I have a non-christian friend who enters the Catholic Church I will be happy don't worry, its sad that many of you do not feel the same way about us. Its as if we are working against you, but we are not. We support you but we don't agree with alot of the extra stuff you happen to do....

The World is hungering for something greater and I hope one day we can call work together in providing that.

Funny how I was still searching for something more, while in Protestantism. Yet the Catholic Church filled my void.

However, isn't the "Pre-tribulation" and the "Rapture" part of your faith? Yet I don't see those words in the Bible, nor any mention of the events.

Edited by Paladin D

I left the church, because I didn't like what it taught. It was way to complicated and that is not the way God intended it to be. When I couldn't refer things straight back to the bible, I was more confused and realised that the Catholic faith was becoming to common. Well I believe in an extraordinary God and I know he was not going to restrict me to one style of worship.

You left the Church because you didn't like what it taught. But shouldn't God be the one to decide how it should be rather than you? I mean, have you ever thought that maybe it's just complicated in your own mind? That could be rectified if you were willing to make the effort to learn about your faith.

In addition, God intended that he be worshiped through the Mass. The reasons are too numerous to go into here, but I can start another thread on that if you want.

I know that for a fact and this would be why there was reformation and division from the church. To make things simpler for Christian. The thing that sux is I can be tough with you Dave too but I will pulled apart by another Catholic before you get back here. Truth is I am way outnumbered on this board.

My faith was becoming in a process of maturing, but when it got confusing I pulled out. Plus my folks were born and bred "old" Pentecostals and I was just attending a Catholic School which required weekly parish services for the students.

There was no reformation in the church by people like Luther, Calvin, etc., at least not true reformation. These were people who had their own agendas and made up their own teachings. Shouldn't God be the one to come up with Church teachings rather than man? They caused nothing but chaos! Luther decided to go by the Bible alone, and that led to "as many doctrines as there were heads," as he put it.

Now wait a minute . . . your parents were "old" Pentecostals? Did they convert to Catholicism? Or were you just a non-Catholic who happened to attend a Catholic school? I'm confused now!

Personally I know alot of Catholic Teenagers which wreck the face of Catholicism. The only Catholic thing about them is their cross with Jesus on it and their reason is because Tupac and the other Niggas wear it.

First of all, please don't use that word "niggas." Second, yes, there are Catholic teens who don't know or live their faith. So what? What is that to you? All you need to be concerned about is following God and doing His will.

As much as this hurts, sometimes I wish they came back to one our of churches. Learned some basic Christian concepts, good ways of living and essential of being a Christian and then go back in and enjoy the Catholic Church.

The World is hungering for something greater and I hope one day we can call work together in providing that. If I have a non-christian friend who enters the Catholic Church I will be happy don't worry, its sad that many of you do not feel the same way about us. Its as if we are working against you, but we are not. We support you but we don't agree with alot of the extra stuff you happen to do....

Why do you think they can't learn about Christian concepts at a Catholic Church? I'm glad you don't see us as an enemy, but how do you determine what constitutes "extra stuff"? If the Church teaches something, then there's a reason for it. Jesus never taught us unnecessary things, and the Church merely passes on His teachings.

About the statement on how teenage Catholics don't know their faith. That's PARTIALLY true, depends on the person. I know a lot of Catholics and Protestants alike...who do not like their faith, or mix it with another belief system...or don't know carp.

However, if you look around on Phatmass...there is a decent amount of us teenagers here. A lot of us being Catholic (or soon-to-be...like me and Therese)

Edited by Paladin D

Trooper4DaHolyG

Paladin D,

you found the truth in the Catholic Church I found the truth in discovering the world outside of the Catholic Church.

what is your version of rapture and pre-tribulation?

Dave you are automatically saying that God only works in the Catholic Church! As much as this hurts, God wanted me to leave the Catholic Church. If I didn't leave I would have continued my life and never accept Christ as Lord and Saviour.

Edited by Trooper4DaHolyG

TempleofVesarius

jesus christ isnt just our lord and saivior....hes our brother, or master, and our teacher...

as a catholic I accept Jesus as all of those....(I follow his teachings, I follow the teachings of the Church he founded)

Trooper4DaHolyG

jesus christ isnt just our lord and saivior....hes our brother, or master, and our teacher...

as a catholic I accept Jesus as all of those....(I follow his teachings, I follow the teachings of the Church he founded)

dude i feel the same way, i though that was just a given but....

Dave you are automatically saying that God only works in the Catholic Church! As much as this hurts, God wanted me to leave the Catholic Church. If I didn't leave I would have continued my life and never accept Christ as Lord and Saviour.

No, I am NOT saying that God only works in the Catholic Church. I believe He's also at work in non-Catholic churches. Non-Catholic Christians are still Christians, of course. Even so, they don't have the full truth.

No, God did NOT want you to leave the Catholic Church. Sure, you may have a relationship with Christ now, but that's because God can make good things come out of bad things. God is a God of truth -- complete truth. He DOES NOT and CANNOT lead anyone to do anything that is even remotely at odds with His truth. That's what leaving the Catholic Church for someplace else would involve -- doing something at odds with the full truth. I'm sorry, Trooper, but the real guiding forces behind you leaving the Church were your feelings and opinions. If you go by those, you will ALWAYS be led astray.

Trooper4DaHolyG

No, I am NOT saying that God only works in the Catholic Church.  I believe He's also at work in non-Catholic churches.  Non-Catholic Christians are still Christians, of course.  Even so, they don't have the full truth. 

No, God did NOT want you to leave the Catholic Church.  Sure, you may have a relationship with Christ now, but that's because God can make good things come out of bad things.  God is a God of truth -- complete truth.  He DOES NOT and CANNOT lead anyone to do anything that is even remotely at odds with His truth.  That's what leaving the Catholic Church for someplace else would involve -- doing something at odds with the full truth.  I'm sorry, Trooper, but the real guiding forces behind you leaving the Church were your feelings and opinions.  If you go by those, you will ALWAYS be led astray.

No! Dave I will not admit to your lies. Doing that would hurt myself and hurt God. You believe what you want to believe just don't be saddened that I can not admit to the false hoods you want to teach me about my life.

No! Dave I will not admit to your lies. Doing that would hurt myself and hurt God. You believe what you want to believe just don't be saddened that I can not admit to the false hoods you want to teach me about my life.

I'm sorry that you think I'm lying. But that's rather judgmental on your part. I'll pray for you.

WE are the longest because we are the Church founded by Jesus Christ. He said the gates of hell would not prevail and they have not.

Like I said before, I don't believe that verse was talking about just the catholic church. What makes your interpretation right and mine wrong?