An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pastor Ed Rice.... Another Email To Me.

ironmonk

No reply yet...

I'll wait until Tuesday night, then send him another ditty asking if he got my last two emails....

Then, if I get more anti-Catholic garbage without him looking...

I will open the flood gates B) :ph34r: ;)

Well... If he comes around before I have time to open the gates, then I won't open them...

Here's his latest....

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 6:10 AM

To: irishmax@tampabay.rr.com

Subject: Re: Christ's sacrifice is "the source of eternal salvation"

In "The articles of faith of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" article one says

"1. We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost."

Is this a lie? Isn't there a Father Son and Holy Ghost? They say please get the facts. How do you know we are a cult if you don't get the facts.

Actually I do get the facts. Rat poisoning is 99.9% good nutritious food. Satan does not riddle false teachers with lies, nor have them write down their lies in their articles of faith. Mormons have another book and have to where sanctified underwear to be acceptable to God. This is not in their articles of faith. It is in their practice. You find this kind of Mormon Tom-foolery by talking to the insiders, especially those who have been converted from the Mormon-Smithite cult.

Want to know what your Roman Catholicism teaches? Want to know what their doctrines are. Don't go to the dusty archives where they wrote down their official articles of faith. Ask 100 Roman Catholics about the source of eternal salvation. You will find Mary, Wafers, Wine, Beads, Penance, Church and Last rites, but not the Cross of Jesus Christ. Read what they taught Charolett. Sure they have a cross of Jesus Christ. I can step into any Catholic Church in my county and find no truth about Salvation through Christ's sacrifice. NONE, notta, NOT ONCE. Get your head out of their library. Roman Catholicism is not what they are writing down it is the Prayers to Mary the counting of Rosary Beads, (which are divided into a trinity of 6-6-6 by the way, that's no lie, just count them, I did while touring the Convent in Peru) , the Intercessions of Saints, the use of a Priest who is not THE PRIEST, the Apostolic Succession of a Father, Papa, Pope, etc., etc. As far removed from the center of their picture as they could possibly get it is the cross of Jesus Christ, and if you find it, there is still a gruesome dead carcass on it. These are not lies this is the truth. Don't sit there in your Catholic library and call Ian, Charolett and I liars. Open your window shade and look out at the world of Catholicism. "For the lips of a strange woman drop as an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil: But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps take hold on hell. Lest thou shouldest ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know them. Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth. Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her house:"

Pastor

Ed Rice, Experienced Lie Detector, Very Aware of Both Sides

Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 8:22 AM

To: 'Ed Rice'

Subject: RE: Christ's sacrifice is "the source of eternal salvation"

Importance: High

Ed,

You do not know anything about the Catholic Church. You have many misconceptions. I go to a Catholic Church, and it does teach Christ's salvation.

I will be glad to explain everything to you, but one point at a time. The replies will be to long if I address every misunderstanding in this email you sent me.

You write: "Roman Catholicism is not what they are writing down"

Yes it is. Go here and look, read, learn: http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/entiretoc1.htm

I've been Catholic all my life and I have never seen anything that the Catholic Church teaches at the Mass contradict anything in the bible.

Stop saying you know, because the bottom line is you don't what the Catholic Church teaches and why.

I don't care about what the mormon's teach. Every faith has at least some truth. The Catholic Faith has full truth.

Is your heart harden or are you an honest seeker?

Here is a test that you can do to see....

One topic that can be proven by Scripture alone, that is distinctly Catholic... (there are a few non-denoms that believe it)

Purgatory

Anyone who denies that purgatory exists either does not know what purgatory is, or has a hardened heart...

Let's look at what the Catholic Church calls Purgatory... Please note the footnotes...

Purgatory from the Catechism, The Official Teaching of the Catholic Church:

III. The Final Purification, or Purgatory

All who die in God's grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are inDouche assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven.

The Church gives the name Purgatory to this final purification of the elect, which is entirely different from the punishment of the damned.606 The Church formulated her doctrine of faith on Purgatory especially at the Councils of Florence and Trent. The tradition of the Church, by reference to certain texts of Scripture, speaks of a cleansing fire:607

As for certain lesser faults, we must believe that, before the Final Judgment, there is a purifying fire. He who is truth says that whoever utters blasphemy against the Holy Spirit will be pardoned neither in this age nor in the age to come. From this sentence we understand that certain offenses can be forgiven in this age, but certain others in the age to come.608

This teaching is also based on the practice of prayer for the dead, already mentioned in Sacred Scripture: "Therefore [Judas Maccabeus] made atonement for the dead, that they might be delivered from their sin."609 From the beginning the Church has honored the memory of the dead and offered prayers in suffrage for them, above all the Eucharistic sacrifice, so that, thus purified, they may attain the beatific vision of God.610 The Church also commends almsgiving, indulgences, and works of penance undertaken on behalf of the dead:

Let us help and commemorate them. If Job's sons were purified by their father's sacrifice, why would we doubt that our offerings for the dead bring them some consolation? Let us not hesitate to help those who have died and to offer our prayers for them.611

607: Cf. 1 Cor 3:15; 1 Pet 1:7.

608: St. Gregory the Great, Dial. 4, 39: PL 77, 396; cf. Mt 12:31.

609: 2 Macc 12:46.

611: St. John Chrysostom, Hom. in 1 Cor. 41, 5: PG 61, 361; cf. Job 1:5.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah 6:5

Then I said, "Woe is me, I am doomed! For I am a man of unclean lips, living among a people of unclean lips; yet my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!"

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, holding an ember which he had taken with tongs from the altar.

7 He touched my mouth with it. "See," he said, "now that this has touched your lips, your wickedness is removed, your sin purged."

Matt 12:32

And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

How can someone be in Hell, and then be forgiven??? The age to come people can be forgiven, it can't be Heaven because there is no need for forgiveness because in Heaven there will not be sin... it can't be Hell because once your in Hell, it's for eternity.

Rev 20:13

The sea gave up its dead; then Death and Hades gave up their dead. All the dead were judged according to their deeds.

14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the pool of fire. (This pool of fire is the second death.)

15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the pool of fire.

Death and Hades (not the pool of fire) gave up their dead and they were judged according to their deeds.... THEN Death and Hades were thrown into the pool of fire (HELL as we know it) Death and Hades is not Hell, and is not Heaven... then what could it be??? The Catholic Church calls it Purgatory.

1 John 5:16

If anyone sees his brother sinning, if the sin is not deadly, he should pray to God and he will give him life. This is only for those whose sin is not deadly. There is such a thing as deadly sin, about which I do not say that you should pray.

Rev 21:27

but nothing unclean will enter it, nor any (one) who does abominable things or tells lies. Only those will enter whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Nothing Unclean can enter Heaven, but not all sin is deadly (1 John 5:16) therefore we must have our sin purged (Isaiah 6:6-7) before we enter Heaven if we are guilty of lesser sins.

1 Cor 3:15

But if someone's work is burned up, that one will suffer loss; the person will be saved, but only as through fire.

How can we be saved from Hell, because Hell is eternal? This being saved as through fire can only be Purgatory, where our lesser sins will be purged from us.

Luke 12:59

I say to you, you will not be released until you have paid the last penny."

We will pay for all our sins in one way or another (Purgatory). All our sins must be paid for. We know Hell is eternal, once someone is in hell there is no chance of getting out, then what could we be released from? - Purgatory.

1 Peter 1:6

In this you rejoice, although now for a little while you may have to suffer through various trials,

7 so that the genuineness of your faith, more precious than gold that is perishable even though tested by fire, may prove to be for praise, glory, and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

2 Macc 12:43

He then took up a collection among all his soldiers, amounting to two thousand silver drachmas, which he sent to Jerusalem to provide for an expiatory sacrifice. In doing this he acted in a very excellent and noble way, inasmuch as he had the resurrection of the dead in view;

44 for if he were not expecting the fallen to rise again, it would have been useless and foolish to pray for them in death.

45 But if he did this with a view to the splendid reward that awaits those who had gone to rest in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought.

46 Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin.

If we make it to Heaven, we don't need atonement. If we go to Hell, there is no atonement.... There must be Purgatory

----------------------------------------------

The Jews before Christ came to the World believed in Purgatory... So should all Christians... If they don't, then they do not know the bible or their heart is hard...

God Bless, Your Servant in Christ,

Max

Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 8:27 AM

To: 'Ed Rice'

Subject: RE: Christ's sacrifice is "the source of eternal salvation"

Importance: High

Ed,

One more thing... Either show me where the Catechism is wrong with links from: http://www.usccb.org/catechism/text/entiretoc1.htm

The Catholic Church teaches what is in the Catechism and Scripture.

You will never be able to prove the Catholic Church wrong unless you can prove the Catechism wrong.

If you can prove the Catechism wrong, I'll leave the Catholic Church, and send my tithe to yours.

The Catholic Church does everything for Christ.

Max

Want to know what your Roman Catholicism teaches? Want to know what their doctrines are.  Don't go to the dusty archives where they wrote down their official articles of faith.  Ask 100 Roman Catholics about the source of eternal salvation.  You will find Mary, Wafers, Wine, Beads, Penance, Church and Last rites, but not the Cross of Jesus Christ.

Unbelievable....

Personally, I think his own ignorance is sign enough that he has lost. He must be afraid of finding out what the Church officially teaches, because if he did, he would find out that it is the church that is most biblical!

Anyway, I'm sure we could say that because some southern fundamentalists were racist in the past that racism is part of the doctrine of fundamentalists...hey, the KKK was anti-Catholic Christian, too! I wonder how Pastor Rice would like that analogy.....

CatholicAndFanatical

OH MY GOODNESS IRONMONK!! GRR lol

This dude sent me the exact same thing

EMAIL FROM MR ED

It is amazing to me that you can remain blind to what Catholicism is and

has done.

It is amazing that Roman Catholics burned Bibles for centuries and you

remain ignorant of their hatred for the Word of God because of their

smooth talk and pens in the last 50 years.

Their words are as smooth as the oil like the strange woman of Proverbs,

and her path leads to hell.

You may sooth your mind by calling Charollet the lying nun. She is what

Catholicism was all about 100 years ago, when they were still buring

Bibles. You choose to believe the new improved lies of Catholicism. How

unfortunate that you stay blinded to their history.

Take a moment to look at the truth of the Bible:

The Bible

And

Catholicism

The Pope and priests say "call me father." But Jesus said in the Bible

"But be ye not called Rabbi: for one is your master, even Christ; and

all ye are brethren. An call no man your father upon the earth; for one

is your father, which is in heaven." (Matt 23:8-9)

The Pope and priests say "Pray to Mary, pray to Saint Peter, Pray to

Saint Jude." But Jesus said in the Bible "Be not ye therefore like unto

them . . . After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in

heaven Hallowed be thy name. (Matt 6:8-9)

The Pope and priests say "bow and pray before these statues and

images." But God said in the Bible "Thou shalt not make unto thee any

graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or

that is in earth beneath, . . . Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them,

nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God," (Exod 20:4-5)

The Pope and Priests say that "Mother Mary can intercede for you." But

Jesus said in the Bible "I am the way the truth and the life: no man

cometh to the father, but by me" (John 14:6) And the Apostle Paul wrote

in the Bible "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and

men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave himself a ransom for all." (ITim2:5-6)

The Pope and Priests say that they can get your sins forgiven and can

save you from sins penalty. But the Bible says "That if thou shalt

confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart

that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. . . . For

whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved." (Rom

10:9,13)

You could be converted from the Sacramental system of Catholicism and

saved from your sin by calling on Jesus Christ today. "Except ye be

converted . . . Ye cannot enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matt 18:3)

I'll continue to pray that you get converted from Catholicism to Christ.

Pastor Rice

I am about to dialoge with him once again..this email is rediculous

But remember what Jesus said in John 6 "You cannot come to me unless granted by my Father" - He may think he's following God, but unless he believe's in the Eucharist, according to John 6, he is not being called by God.

This dude's heart is hardened

CatholicAndFanatical

It's going to be an adventure with this guy! But I'll pray for ya, Steve! I gotta give you props; I really don't have the patience to dialogue with people like that! ;)

Steve,

Don't forget, we don't want to waste our time throwing pearls among swine or giving what is holy to dogs...

I have dialoged with this man on and off for a few months. I have tried to get him to look at what the Catholic Church says, but he claims he already knows.

I met this guy from the guestbook on www.IanPaisley.org if that tells you anything.

Email me your email and I'll forward a few of the dialogs that I have carried on with him.

That is why, the flood gates are going to be opened.... if he continues to email me and not do what I ask.

For all we know, this guy could be a demon wasting our time keeping us from planting seeds of truth in others. People have entertained angels without knowing, I'm sure demon's too.

ironmonk

CatholicAndFanatical

ok guys..here is my reply to him..sorry its kinda long..did a little research to help out a little

************ START REPLY *******************

Ed,

Your lack of true knowledge about my faith shows in this post. It shows that you only go by hearsay and by what you see from the outside, not actually what you are taught.

You have stated: The Pope and Priests say "Call me Father" when the bible says otherwise..

I state: Take the book of Job for instance. Job indicates he played a fatherly role with the less fortunate: "I was a father to the poor, and I searched out the cause of him whom I did not know" (Job 29:16). And God himself declares that he will give a fatherly role to Eliakim, the steward of the house of David: "In that day I will call my servant Eliakim, the son of Hilkiah . . . and I will clothe him with [a] robe, and will bind [a] girdle on him, and will commit . . . authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of Judah" (Is. 22:20–21).

This type of fatherhood not only applies to those who are wise counselors (like Joseph) or benefactors (like Job) or both (like Eliakim), it also applies to those who have a fatherly spiritual relationship with one. For example, Elisha cries, "My father, my father!" to Elijah as the latter is carried up to heaven in a whirlwind (2 Kgs. 2:12). Later, Elisha himself is called a father by the king of Israel (2 Kgs. 6:21).

First, as you've used, the imperative "call no man father" does not apply to one’s biological father. It also doesn’t exclude calling one’s ancestors "father," as is shown in Acts 7:2, where Stephen refers to "our father Abraham," or in Romans 9:10, where Paul speaks of "our father Isaac."

So your petty arguement is quickly dissolved with Sacred Scriptures. So lets move on to the next issue shall we.

You State: The Pope and priests say "Pray to Mary, pray to Saint Peter, Pray to

Saint Jude." But Jesus said in the Bible "Be not ye therefore like unto

them . . . After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in

heaven Hallowed be thy name. (Matt 6:8-9)

I State: You are confusing and twisting the teachigns of the Church. You think that if we pray to Mary and the Saints they are goign directly to God..false, false, false. They are going to Jesus with the petitions, just as we all are. Jesus is the 'Tree of Life' is he not, and we are the branches that make up that Tree. Just because we die, doesnt cut us off from that 'Tree of Life' if you die in God's Grace. God is the God of the LIVING, not the DEAD. Wasnt Elijah and Moses Dead when Jesus was transfigured on the Mount, but Peter was able to see them talking with Jesus, who was alive and human like us. Since we are all part of the Tree of Life, we can pray for each other. I can say 'Lord Of Mercies, open up Ed's hardened heart that he may know you as you really are, not limited to only several Books of the Bible'. I can pray for you and you for me because we are all part of that same Tree, when we die and go to heaven..why would we be cut off from that Tree?

Asking one person to pray for you in no way violates Christ’s mediatorship, as can be seen from considering the way in which Christ is a meditor. First, Christ is a unique mediator between man and God because he is the only person who is both God and man. He is the only bridge between the two, the only God-man. But that role as mediator is not compromised in the least by the fact that others intercede for us. Furthermore, Christ is a unique mediator between God and man because he is the Mediator of the New Covenant (Heb. 9:15, 12:24), just as Moses was the mediator (Greek mesites) of the Old Covenant (Gal. 3:19–20).

The intercession of fellow Christians—which is what the saints in heaven are—also clearly does not interfere with Christ’s unique mediatorship because in the four verses immediately preceding 1 Timothy 2:5, Paul says that Christians should interceed: "First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way. This is good, and pleasing to God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth" (1 Tim. 2:1–4). Clearly, then, intercessory prayers offered by Christians on behalf of others something "good and pleasing to God," not something infringing on Christ’s role as mediator.

As Scripture indicates, those in heaven are aware of the prayers of those on earth. This can be seen, for example, in Revelation 5:8, where John depicts the saints in heaven offering our prayers to God under the form of "golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints." But if the saints in heaven are offering our prayers to God, then they must be aware of our prayers. They are aware of our petitions and present them to God by interceding for us.

More could be said about this topic, but lets move on to the next issue.

You Said: The Pope and priests say "bow and pray before these statues and

images." But God said in the Bible "Thou shalt not make unto thee any

graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or

that is in earth beneath, . . . Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them,

nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God," (Exod 20:4-5)

I Say: No where do we do this, this is a misconception and a flat out lie that you prots make up. In protestants limited mind it may inDouche seem like we are talking to a statue or an image when we kneel next to it or before it. Dead wrong.. The statues and images are there to remind us of that person's life on earth and how we are to imitate it to the best we can. Ed, im sure you have a picture of someone that has passed on the wall in your house somewhere dont you. Im also sure sometimes you go look at that picture and remember things that you have done with that person, or just remember the stories you heard about that person when they were alive. Its the same thing with the statues and images we have. simply a reminder, the Church doesnt teach that these images and statues have 'power' of some sort. Its simply a myth and misconception that prots make up.

You Said: The Pope and Priests say that "Mother Mary can intercede for you." But

Jesus said in the Bible "I am the way the truth and the life: no man

cometh to the father, but by me" (John 14:6) And the Apostle Paul wrote

in the Bible "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and

men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave himself a ransom for all." (ITim2:5-6)

I Say: This is called intercession of the Saints Ed. Read two topics above where we talked about this already. Mary doesnt interceed to GOD, only Jesus can do that. Mary asks Her Son, who can never deny Her, for our requests.

Ed, your so bent upon not accepting the very last gift that Christ left us before He died..His Mother. Scriptures even says that All generations shall call Her Blessed, she is 'Full of Grace' and Filled with the Holy Spirit. She was assumed into Heaven, Ed, how do I know this? Commen Sense really, which most prots lack. Why would Elijah, a simple prophet, get the glory of being assumed into heaven on a fiery chariot without tasting death, but Mary, the Mother of God, who was chosen from the Beginning of time (Gen 3) to bring forth Life, when Eve chose Death, why would Jesus not allow His Mother, who He honored to have the same event happen to her as did Elijah? Doesnt make sense to me Ed how Jesus could say "Honor thy Mother and Father" and then let his own mother taste death.

You Said: The Pope and Priests say that they can get your sins forgiven and can

save you from sins penalty. But the Bible says "That if thou shalt

confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart

that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. . . . For

whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved." (Rom

10:9,13)

I SAY: There are two of forgiveness of sins Baptism and confession.

For sins committed after baptism, a different sacrament is needed. It has been called penance, confession, and reconciliation, each word emphasizing one of its aspects. During his life, Christ forgave sins, as in the case of the woman caught in adultery (John 8:1–11) and the woman who anointed his feet (Luke 7:48). He exercised this power in his human capacity as the Messiah or Son of man, telling us, "the Son of man has authority on earth to forgive sins" (Matt. 8:6), which is why the Gospel writer himself explains that God "had given such authority to men" (Matt. 9:8).

Since he would not always be with the Church visibly, Christ gave this power to other men so the Church, which is the continuation of his presence throughout time (Matt. 28:20), would be able to offer forgiveness to future generations. He gave his power to the apostles, and it was a power that could be passed on to their successors and agents, since the apostles wouldn’t always be on earth either, but people would still be sinning.

God had sent Jesus to forgive sins, but after his resurrection Jesus told the apostles, "‘As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.’ And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, ‘Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained’" (John 20:21–23). (This is one of only two times we are told that God breathed on man, the other being in Genesis 2:7, when he made man a living soul. It emphasizes how important the establishment of the sacrament of penance was.)

Well im out of time right now Ed, hopefully you actually read it all, not stop midway at a point you dont like and started to reply.

Im not blinded at all Ed. I have only been Catholic 3 years. I was raised Pentecostal so im well aware of the lies you pastors say about the Catholic Church. Its sad really. How a group that has only been around for 400 years can actually lay claim that they speak the truth..look at the church you belong to Ed, its man made, hasnt been around a long time. True our Churchs history isnt free of blemishs, its had its rough roads. But Christ didnt promise that we would have a blemish free, perfect Church. He only promised that Satan will never prevail against, although he will try. For 2000 years Ed, were still around and we will be until the End of Time.

Pax Christi,

Steve

Jake Huether

Hah! I was about to write this guy. I actually had written several pages. I gave up though. It's worthless. I couldn't gone through the ENTIRE testimony of charlette and had a rebuttle for just about every line! That was taking me too long.

Besides. In looking up "open order" (because I had not heard of such a thing), I found this link.

It says what I wanted to say - but much shorter!

http://www.angelfire.com/ms/seanie/forgeri...lottewells.html

CatholicAndFanatical

Jake did you email this to him by any chance? If you did I was going to copy and paste a few excellent points made and send it to him.

Jake Huether

No, I didn't.. Go for it.

Also, (and you can use this too). It ocurred to me that St. Therese of the Child Jesus entered the convent around the same time (I think she was born in the late 1800's). Although, if you remember, she had to be granted special permission by the POPE to get in at age 14. This Charlette claimes to have entered at 12! Give me a break! The way she said it, "and so I entered..". Like she just decided to go and so she walked in and badabingbadaboom she was in.

Then she goes on to say that there are movie stars in the convent. Hah! That's a good one! We could only wish!

CatholicAndFanatical

ok, heres my latest email to Mr Ed

Ed,

I have been going on about the Teachings of the Church and havent really touched on the falsehood of this supposed 'nun' yet. I have read her message and have caught some things that actually prove this woman as a false.

Doing a little research, seems like this accusation is nothing new, I wasnt really aware of who she was or this story until I did a search and found some interesting stuff.

Below I outline the refutes of her story...

If her story were true, it should have been possible to come up with some kind of evidence for her story. But, as with so many other anti-Catholic tales, there is none.

Now let us have a look at the errors and inconsistencies in her story.

1. Number of nuns wrong; lifestyle wrong

Carmelite convents have a maximum of 20 nuns, yet Charlotte Wells claimed 180 nuns in her own wing. Needless to say, the name of this convent is not available, any more than Charlotte Wells’ real name.

Furthermore, the Carmelites order is cloistered, meaning the nuns never leave the convent to go outside into the world. This is in contrast to an open order, where the nuns can go outside. In the story Charlotte Wells claims to be cloistered yet aslo claims to be a nursing sister, which would mean she would have leave the cloister to get to work!!

There is no such thing as a cloistered order which does hospital work, as the two are mutually exclusive. If she was cloistered, she could not go outside to work in the hospital!

2. Wrong terminology indicates she was probably never Catholic

The book uses such phrases as “going to confessional” and ”the fourteen steps that Jesus carried the cross of Calvary”? Why did she not just use the proper terms “going to Confession” and “the Stations of the Cross”? The defense that the terms used by Charlotte made more sense to Protestant ears is invalid: she could quite easily have defined the Catholic terms before using them. In any case, as many Catholic would have heard her story as well. She also avoids the terms “novice” and “professed” which is quite bizarre for the story of a supposed nun, wouldn't you think?

The use of these incorrect terms leads one to suspect Charlotte Wells was not really Catholic.

For Charlotte Wells to claim that she had to change her name because was hiding from the Catholics is belied by the fact that she appeared publicly for 15 years with her so-called "conversion". If the "evil Catholics" wanted to silence her they just had to show up at one of her venues.

And one last note Ed.

Charlotte claimed that she entered the convent at the age of 12, correct? St. Therese of the Child Jesus entered the convent at or around the same time as this supposed 'nun' did at the age of 14, and St. Therese had to go to the Pope himself to get permission..why is it that Charlotte was able to just waltz right in? (Thanks Jake)

More Anti-Catholic hoorah put in the dirt..

God Bless,

Steve