An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pastor Ed Rice.... Another Email To Me.

ironmonk

CatholicAndFanatical

Jake I just read your response to him as well, very nicely put. Its sad we might be wasting good penmenship on someone that doesnt care. Im with you bro, he's about to get treated like a swine.

btw, whats a swine? is that a pig :blink:

jk :D

CatholicAndFanatical

Very good...

It would be good to send him a little history of who he thinks his church founders are... i.e. Anabaptists, Paulicians, Henricians, Waldensians, Albigenses, Montanists, Novatianism, Dontists, etc... all of them have very different teachings and look nothing like the baptist churches of today... Also, the bible tells us that there will be weeds among the wheat... and that wolves would reach places of authority... that means that there will be some bad people in the Church, but the Church will never teach wrong.

I'll try to remember to post the differences tonight, I have them at home.

God Bless, Your Servant in Christ,

ironmonk

Jake Huether

Yes, Max, you touched on a subject that is deep in my heart. We must NEVER EVER make the mistake of saying that the Church was in error or wrong in faith and morals. We cannot convey that idea to anyone, because it is a false idea. The Church has never errored and it has never been wrong in regards to faith and morals. Individuals within the Church, and at certain times, quite possible the vast majority of the individuals within the Church have done dispicable things (like selling indulgances). But they were doing these things DESPITE the Church, not because of the Church.

The Church is the spottless Bride of Christ. She is His Body, and He the Head! How could the Church teach in err at anytime in history!? Wouldn't that mean that Satan had prevailed against Christ's Body! But Christ told us that Satan has NO power over him! In addition to telling us that his gates would NOT prevail agianst the Church!

The Church does NOT have a spot to it's history. Look at the teachings from day one. Push all the other stuff to the side, and get to the bare-bone Church teaching. It is errorless. All the sin and scandle that resides within the Church is there because of us. If there is anything good within the Church, then it is because of the Church and is counted as the Church.

Arg!!! Mr. Ed!! Stop being so ignorant!!!

You guys are so amesome; keep spreading God's Truth! B)

Edited by Qamidalash

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I am amazed guys! It's like poking a puppy in a cage. I am amazed at thier tenacity. They don't know the Truth when it hits 'em in the face. I am conversing with Joe Mizzi, webmaster of Just for Catholics. He also claims to have grown up in a "Catholic" home where he was deprived of Jesus.

Deprived of Jesus? He may mean he wasn't converted or his parents weren't dedicated Catholics. The prot channel is good for conversion... If you watch it for a day you ought to be converted if you mean it but the conversion experience at YEAR was better, you have Jesus right with u.

I'm not completely shure if all Catholic retreats are the same so I just listed YEAR [We had a Eucharistic adoration chaple (if that's what it's called)].