An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pastor Ed Rice.... Another Email To Me.

ironmonk

WOW...you guys are so amazing. I just finished reading this entire topic, aside from Charlotte's actual site....gonna do that now. Ed is in my prayers, and you guys are as well, so that the Holy Spirit will continue to give you the right words to say to Ed so that his heart may be softened....

in Christ alone,

Sarah

CatholicAndFanatical

Pax Sarah, prayers are definitly needed, I pray his heart eases up enough for him to actually read our emails instead of scimming through them to find things to argue about.

CatholicAndFanatical

Kewl! I read about half of it--I got up to the part where she's going for penance after being in the cell--and had to quit. It's just sooo bogus! :blink: There are so many inconsistences in her story that even an k-8 Catholic school upbringing teen can tell the difference between the CC and gunkamafunk. ::Sigh:: Continued prayers!

wanting it BAD,

Sarah

Don't forget, we don't want to waste our time throwing pearls among swine or giving what is holy to dogs...

There should be a smiley or other picture signifying "shaking the dust off our feet in testimony against them".

CatholicAndFanatical

Well I after I had written about the 'nun' in another email, stating the proof that this chic was not a nun and was laying false claims..Mr Ed decided to write me this:

I'm pleased you read some of the personal testimony of Charolett. I

know the Evangelist, who tape recorded her testimony and met her in

person. Evangelist Lauren Dawson is far more reputable than any

evidence you dig out of your catholic library about how nuns lived 60

years ago. You like to accuse us Baptists, (who are not protestant, by

the way) of being liars and catholic haters. You are real quick with

the phrase. You, Steve, are entangled with false teachers, (yea, are

even now a false teacher yourself), who are greatly deceived. I

encourage you to do a real investigation of Charolett's true testimony

and discern what is really going on in catholic teaching and in catholic

churches where untold millions are being deceived. Recognize the

Catholic Church for what it is: "For the lips of a strange woman drop as

an honeycomb, and her mouth is smoother than oil:

But her end is bitter as wormwood, sharp as a twoedged sword. Her feet

go down to death; her steps take hold on hell. Lest thou shouldest

ponder the path of life, her ways are moveable, that thou canst not know

them.

Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of

my mouth. Remove thy way far from her, and come not nigh the door of her

house: (Prov 5)

Pastor Ed Rice, Good Samaritan BAPTSIT Church, Dresden NY 14441

They guy is calling me blind?

I prayed for him, but Im not sure the devil is ready to let this guy go.

CatholicAndFanatical

People like Ed and their sympathizers (including Jack Chick) remind me of the KKK. If they call themselves Christians, they should operate with more love.

Go Steve! Go Steve! Go, fight, win!

Wow. I must say I'm floored by the email CatholicandFanatical received.

This is my favorite part:

Evangelist Lauren Dawson is far more reputable than any

evidence you dig out of your catholic library about how nuns lived 60

years ago.

She must be one heck of a person to be the sole authority on a Church that has been around for 2000 years. How did she come to be so smart?

CatholicAndFanatical

No kidding, he's one thick headed guy, and one thick hearted guy. I sent him an additional email in rebutal to this one:

Ed,

Im not suprised that you shut your eyes to the proofs I have given you to show this woman to be false. It doesnt matter how long ago it was, Catholics know how convents work, its our faith. We know that there can only be a limited amount of sisters in an environment. We also know that Carmelite nuns have ALWAYS had a low number in a particular area and they are cloistered. Ed, not only can I tell you what the nuns have been doing for 60 years, but rather the last 400 years. See we can trace everything we do back to whenever it started due to documentation that is done within the Church. Every decision, every order started, person ordained, everything is documented and kept. We still have the documents from the council of Rome from 300AD. You're aware of the council right Ed? Its the same council that compiled the Bible that you read. Even martin luther knew the Catholic Church put the Bible together. He also believed in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist [should of said it differently in my email..doh!], and the Perpetual Virginity of the Blessed Mother.

You say you are not a protestant, and I say you lie. Before Martin Luther there was only one Christian Church and it was Catholic. No where in History before the 1500's will you find writtings from a Non-Catholic Christian. Everything non-Catholic sprouted from the Reformation, it started with Lutherns and is still growing. The first Baptist church in the United States was independently established in Providence by Roger Williams, c.1635. Notice its after 1500AD. Organized mission work began c.1755, and in 1814 the General Missionary Convention was formed. In 1845 it split into (more prot churchs formed) the American Baptist Missionary Union for the North, and the Southern Baptist Convention. In that year the slavery question divided (more prot churchs formed) Baptists into Northern, Southern, and Colored. In 1911 the Baptists joined the Federal Council of the Churches of Christ in America, and in 1925 were organized into fourteen national groups. In Canada the first church was founded, 1763, at Horton, Nova Scotia, by Reverend Ebenezer Moulton of New England, and membership increased with immigration. In 1889 was formed the Baptist Convention of Ontario and Quebec, a consolidation of previously-existing societies for home and foreign missions, publications, and the like. On the continent of Europe, aside from the above-mentioned foundation in Holland, Baptists were established in Germany by Johann Gerhard Oncken, and from there spread to Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria, and Russia. India, China, and Japan are the favorite missionary fields in Asia. Among the first churches in Africa was that in Liberia, founded by the Negro Baptists of the United States, 1821.

The Baptists have only been around a mere 400 years, Ed how can you say you are following Christs Church when its clear in Matthew 16:18 that Jesus built a Church upon Peter? Now did Jesus wait 1600 years to finally build his Church? I think not. How ironic it is Ed that the Catholic Church wasnt even disputed until the 1500's and that was my martin luther. In the 300's you do have the Eastern Rite Churchs that seperated from ROME, but look at them Ed, they teach the exact same teachings as us (Real Presence, Perpetual Virginity of the Blessed Mother, Priests, Confession) The only difference is recognizing Rome as their Authority. Ed, why is it that they hold those beliefs but yet anyone after 1500 chose not too...I think the new guys (the prots) on the block are thinking they know more about stuff than the ones who created the block, huh.

Show me Ed, writtings from one Non-Catholic Christian before the 1500's. Its not possible I know, but if your so bent on thinking your following God's will then you tell me why you justify the fact that you know that Jesus created a Church in Matthew 16:18, and he only created ONE Church, not Churchs of different beliefs like the prots have. How can you justify not following what Jesus laid down for you and I. St. Paul speaks about not having Divisions between us, and their wasnt, until the 1500's.

Ed, I was talking with my friend Max, who gave me the link to the 'nun' site. He told me the deal he made with you. I will say the exact same thing Ed. If you can look in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and prove it to be wrong, I will leave the Catholic Church and also give my tithes to your church.

I am so confident Ed that the Catholic Church is the One True Church, that I will stake my Faith on it.

So come on Ed, you want to win souls for Christ right? Thats why you became a Pastor right? Certainly not for the tax breaks huh. So go ahead, Win me. Take our challenge and prove the Catholic Church wrong in her TRUE teachings, which is in the Catechism and Scriptures.

I wont post a link like Max did though, you wont take the time to do it. I ask that you go out and get a Catechism, their only like 20 bucks. Or if you want I can send you one in the mail. If you decide to take our challenge let me know and it will be in the mail.

God Bless,

Steve

We'll see how he takes it..

this is fun, anyone know of any more pastors we could email :D

Ok, before I get flamed, I think I made some mistakes in my claims above now that I read it again..my bad. Im not sure if the Eastern Rite churchs agree with everything I stated..I should of researched it before I typed, not to lay false claim..I'll do that know, or if any of you know the answer let me know, I'll email him back and correct myself.

CatholicAndFanatical

and discern what is really going on in catholic teaching

Helllooooooooooooooo, Mr. Ed......Earth to Mr. Ed:

What do you think we've been doing in showing you what the church really teaches by showing you the Catechism....yet when we do, what do you say:

Want to know what your Roman Catholicism teaches? Want to know what their doctrines are. Don't go to the dusty archives where they wrote down their official articles of faith.

Mr. Ed acts like the pro-abortion crowd that criticizes pro-lifers for not doing anything to help the pregnant women then when we open up pro-life pregnancy help centers, they attack the centers for being frauds.

Unbelievable. His own words convict him.

Ok, before I get flamed, I think I made some mistakes in my claims above now that I read it again..my bad. Im not sure if the Eastern Rite churchs agree with everything I stated..I should of researched it before I typed, not to lay false claim..I'll do that know, or if any of you know the answer let me know, I'll email him back and correct myself.

A correction:

Eastern Rite refers to the Eastern rites of the Catholic Church. They're in union with Rome, of course. Eastern Orthodox refers to those that split with Rome.

CatholicAndFanatical

ok, as far as the teachings about the Eucharist and confession and the Blessed Mother? I'll email him a correction, but just want to get myself straight first, if I dont then i'll have to email him a correction of the correction..and that makes for a long day hehe

Thanks Dave

CatholicAndFanatical

ok, is it me or did I post that twice? Im not sure how I did that but sorry everyone for the double post..can you hear me now? :D

ok, as far as the teachings about the Eucharist and confession and the Blessed Mother? I'll email him a correction, but just want to get myself straight first, if I dont then i'll have to email him a correction of the correction..and that makes for a long day hehe

Thanks Dave

No prob. :)

I know the Eastern Orthodox teach the same about the Eucharist and confession. And I'm sure they believe in Our Lady's Perpetual Virginity. However, they don't really believe in the Immaculate Conception or the Assumption, at least not as clear defined teachings, unlike the Catholic Church. But I'd have to do some research first. And I hope someone will correct me if I've said anything wrong here.