An Old School Catholic Message Board

Calling the Carmelites

be_thou_my_vision

Oh wow, it seems like you were just starting your whirl-wind tour of sisters! Just from your comments about Ann Arbor and Mishawaka, I suspect that you're in a very good spiritual place to be going to visit the Carmel in Terra Haute. There are many of us here praying for the success of your visit--that you will be enlivened with the Spirit, and continue to know where it is that God is calling you, and what it is that will lead you closer to Him.

:pray: :)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

Yay! I pray that you have a blessed time and that He will guide your heart in what He wants you to do!

be_thou_my_vision

I leave for Carmel in about 15 minutes! Yikes!
I talked with my parents and Sister Joseph Andrew more and it was decided that it would be in my best interest to not attend the pre-postulancy retreat, keeping in mind that my parents require me to finish college before I enter/get married.
Pray for me for my visit to Carmel!

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='979159' date='May 12 2006, 09:43 AM']
I leave for Carmel in about 15 minutes! Yikes!
I talked with my parents and Sister Joseph Andrew more and it was decided that it would be in my best interest to not attend the pre-postulancy retreat, keeping in mind that my parents require me to finish college before I enter/get married.
Pray for me for my visit to Carmel!
[/quote]
Prayers for you, I know you're visiting the Carmel now. It also sounds like you're at peace with not going to Ann Arbor for PP week. I pray that you have continued contact with the SMME if that is God's will for you.

:)

be_thou_my_vision

Thank you, everyone, for your prayers! I had a safe trip to Carmel (in the rain... yuck!) but I talked with Sister Mary Helen (vocations director) and Mother Anne. It was absolutely delightful. When I opened the small door to Carmel, it was like a whole other world opened. I see Carmel opens any heart to hold the whole world. My visit was beautiful, and I look forward to going back again.
With my attraction to Carmel, Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration, and Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist, I see that I would be happy where ever God called me. I didn't believe that for a long time, but I see that I would be happy as long as the Good Shepherd called me there.
Thank you all for the prayers! Continue them for my discernment.

brandelynmarie

I am very happy for you, be-thou-my-vision! Carmel would be beautiful...God is leading you...what a journey!

be_thou_my_vision

Oookay it seems as though my nun-run is extending. I was invited to go on a weekend retreat at the Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration convent. Wahoo!
(Just a friendly shout out... you can email Sister Lois [srlois@yahoo.com] if you want to come on this retreat. I'm the only one signed up so far! May 25-28th.)

• 2 weeks later...
be_thou_my_vision

Whoop whoop the retreat was GREAT...
Still have no idea what me vocation is though. But that's fine.

Marieteresa

[quote name='ForHimAlone' post='980063' date='May 13 2006, 09:31 AM']
I'll be visiting a Discalced Carmelite monastery in 33 days. Please pray for me!
[/quote]

Hey missy which Carmel are you visiting??? Prayers for you hon

be_thou_my_vision

I visited the [url="http://www.heartsawake.com"]Carmel of Terre Haute[/url]. It went really well! I think I may be going back toward the end of the summer, but I'm not sure.

be_thou_my_vision

Well, I went just for 2 hours and spoke with the vocations director. She was really nice and we talked pretty much about everything. It was very peaceful there, and after the meeting, I went to the chapel and prayed a rosary while the nuns were on the other side of the grill during private prayer. It was really cool to know that they were back there praying for the whole world! God Bless them!
I think I will be visiting again this summer, towards the end, possibly overnight. But I don't know for sure yet. I may do an aspirancy next summer, but we will see!
It was a beautiful monastery and Sister Mary Helen and Mother Anne were wonderful!

brandelynmarie

Thank you & sorry I haven't been on here much lately...like I've said, if I was drawn to Carmelite spirituality I think I would join them...They seem to have a nice balance in theri prayer life & in their recreations too from what I have heard.... :blush: