What Are You Reading?

Nathan

• 2 weeks later...
LaPetiteSoeur

Still reading:

Five for Sorrow, Ten for Joy
Divine Mercy in My Soul

And started (I know, bad LPS):
[i]The Murder Room[/i] by PD James (who is 93 and [i]still[/i] writing books!)

SoylentGreene

I'm reading [i]Song of Bernadette[/i] by Franz Werfel. Its an amesome book. I like it because it looks at faith and religious experience from a more realistic perspective, in my opinion.

Laudate_Dominum

Up next on my reading queue:

1. [url="http://www.amazon.com/Third-Chimpanzee-Evolution-Future-Animal/dp/0060845503/"]The Third Chimpanzee, by Jared Diamond[/url] (just cracked it open)
2. [url="http://www.amazon.com/Pale-Blue-Dot-Vision-Future/dp/0345376595/"]Pale Blue Dot, by Carl Sagan[/url]
3. [url="http://www.amazon.com/Newmans-Challenge-Stanley-L-Jaki/dp/0802843956/"]Newman's Challenge, by Stanley Jaki[/url]

I'm stoked.

Spiritually: Orthodoxy - Chesteron
For Fiction Fun: Mass Effect: Retribution
For Qualifiers Studying: Literally more articles than I read in my Masters and Undergrad programs combined.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1308763699' post='2257296']
Orthodoxy -Chesterton
Divine Mercy in my Soul
Sense and Sensibility and Seamonsters
[/quote]
Sweet!

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1308768385' post='2257319']
[b]For Fiction Fun: Mass Effect: Retribution[/b]
For Qualifiers Studying: Literally more articles than I read in my Masters and Undergrad programs combined.
[/quote]
Duuuuude... :punk:

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1308768385' post='2257319']
For Fiction Fun: Mass Effect: Retribution
[/quote]

good luck on the quals :)

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1308807313' post='2257617']
Sweet!

Duuuuude... :punk:
[/quote]

Thanks LD! It's rocking so far...you just have to love Cerberus.

[quote name='sixpence' timestamp='1308845505' post='2257703']
good luck on the quals :)
[/quote]

Thanks, I'm not too worried about Theory. Policy will depend on the question, which can be anything related to crime and criminal justice policies. As long as I can pull 30-40 cites from memory for those two sections (four questions) and form a cogent answer I'm fine. Methods is going to kill me if anything; one question to design a qualitative research design in an hour and a half, one question to design a quantitative research study in an hour and a half, and one question to do and explain by step a random statistical process they choose and give partial data for, followed by explaining what the results mean in detail in relation to what is hypothetically being studied. :)

Shorter Book of Blessings

[img]http://www.henningers.com/shorter-book-of-blessings-9780899425658.jpg[/img]

FutureSister2009

Now I'm reading about St. Francis of Assisi. I bought it in Assisi. I have a couple of books I want to buy before I go on my retreat.

OnlySunshine

I'm currently trying to finish reading a book my Catholic therapist gave me called [i]Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy[/i] by Dr. David Burns. It's 398 pages long and a little hard to follow, especially since the book was written back in the 1980s and it has small type. I can't read more than a chapter at a time without having to take a break. I hope I'm able to get through it all by Tuesday. I was given a month to read it and just remembered this week that I forgot! :crazy: