An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are You Reading?

Nathan

Myles Domini

[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Epiphany: A Theological Introduction to Catholicism by Fr Aidan Nichols OP[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=georgia,serif][quote][/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]We can distinguish, then, between individuality and personhood. In us, personhood requires individual existence as its base. However, to be a person is not to be an isolated monad but, on the contrary, to find oneself increasingly defined by others. Augustine had already seen this. Persons are [i][b]ad invicem[/b][/i],[i] [/i]"[b]turned towards one another[/b]," not [i][b]ad semetipsum[/b][/i],[i] [/i]"[b]turned toward self[/b]." When Aquinas refers to the Trinity as subsistent relationship, he means that in Father, Son, and Spirit this process of becoming constituted in what one is by the relationships one has reaches its full term; or, rather, this process in human beings has its source and archetype in God. What in us is a process or series of intermittent events, is in them an archetypal and eternal event.--Nichols, A., Epiphany: A Theological Introduction to Catholicism, p 163[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=georgia,serif][/quote][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Dynamite [/font][/size]

faithcecelia

Visions and Voyages: The Story of Celtic Spirituality by Fay Samson

I am interested in the Celtic Church and wonder how the Church would be had it united with the Celtic church as was discussed on a number of occasions.

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Myles Domini' timestamp='1312054131' post='2278597']
[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Epiphany: A Theological Introduction to Catholicism by Fr Aidan Nichols OP[/font][/size]

[size=3][font=georgia,serif]Dynamite [/font][/size]
[/quote]
Myles! :notworthy:

:woot:

faithcecelia

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' timestamp='1312217443' post='2279734']
[i]Les Miserables[/i] by Victor Hugo
[/quote]
Wonderful book!

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1312226704' post='2279844']
Each night I read out of the Bible. I'm also re-reading Fr. Manelli's book on Mary.
[/quote]
[i]All Generations Shall Call Me Blessed[/i]? A most excellent book. I clap in your general direction.

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1312227015' post='2279845']
[i]All Generations Shall Call Me Blessed[/i]? A most excellent book. I clap in your general direction.
[/quote]

The one I'm reading is called "Devotion to Our Lady." The one you mentioned sounds interesting. :)

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1312227584' post='2279848']

The one I'm reading is called "Devotion to Our Lady." The one you mentioned sounds interesting. :)
[/quote]
I continue to clap in your general direction!

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1312235491' post='2279948']
The Phatmass Phorum thread entitled "What are you reading?"

derp
[/quote]
*slapping my knee*

Took me a second to get it for some reason. Derp!

Chrysophylax

[u]The Impact of God[/u] by lain Matthews. About St. John of the Cross.
This book was 'love at first [s]sight[/s] word' for me. Have you ever had the feeling that a book was written specifically for you? That is what this book feels like to me!

MargaretTeresa

I'm reading A Right to be Merry. At the chapter speaking about penance. Love this book so far!

LaPetiteSoeur

Freedom Summer
The World's First Love
Under the Jolly Roger
Just finished [i]The Priestly Sins[/i]